It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:59 am

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.5.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by balala »

VL4DST3R wrote: March 10th, 2021, 11:10 am I think i come bearing bad news. Latest HWiNFO seems to have been heavily gimped in the last update pushing a paid version: https://www.hwinfo.com/version-history/
As a result the GPU widget no longer seems to work after updating. I will be reverting to the previous version but this needs to be investigated further.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37106&p=188989
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 6.0.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A major update to the Gadgets has been released!

NOTE:
  • The CPU Meter and GPU Meter have undergone major revisions to work with HWiNFO 7.x. You will need to install and reconfigure HWiNFO and reconfigure your HWiNFO settings.
  • If you were using the compact version of the Weather Meter, upgrading will cause your skin to disappear. Reselect the skin and then check the new Use Compact Gadget option in the Settings.

6.0.0 - 2021-04-06
  • Added Update Checker to optionally allow checking for new Gadgets releases.
  • Enhanced Weather Meter to show up to 10 weather alerts.
  • Enhanced Weather Meter to show moon zenith angle (tilt) and percentage illumination (thanks Mordasius and raiguard!).
  • Revised Weather Meter to open weather radar map instead of Google Maps when location name is clicked.
  • Removed Weather Meter (Small) variant Gadget; the compact version of the Weather Meter is now available as an optional setting.
  • Enhanced All CPU Meter to add option to show a single temperature value instead of per-core temperatures (intended for AMD users, but works for Intel users too).
  • Enhanced All CPU Meter to improve performance monitoring capability (optional Windows 10 style vs. legacy Windows 7 style).
  • Revised All CPU Meter to improve appearance of CPU name display for AMD and 11th Gen Intel CPUs.
  • Revised All CPU Meter so HWiNFO takes priority over CoreTemp and SpeedFan when using multiple monitoring utilities.
  • Revised All CPU Meter to add option to hide RAM graph line.
  • Revised All CPU Meter and GPU Meter fan configuration settings.
  • Revised All CPU Meter and GPU Meter for use with HWiNFO 7.x (free version). Older versions are not supported.
  • Removed Battery Meter (for HWiNFO) variant Gadget.
  • Updated Intel logo per new corporate rebrand.
  • Corrected Network Meters (again) for issue where the peak speed could be capped when more than 1 adapter is active.
  • Revised (non-Pro) Network Meters for rare case where session totals can show negative values.
  • Added Top Process Meters into Gadgets suite.
  • Revised all Gadgets to better emulate original AddGadgets.com appearance and to improve Settings behavior (fewer full refreshes).
  • Revised all Gadgets to add option to hide graphs, where applicable.
  • Replaced RainRGB with ColorPickerPlus to eliminate false positive antivirus warnings (thanks raiguard!).
Get it on GitHub: https://github.com/SilverAzide/Gadgets/releases/latest

NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been changed in this release, so there is no need to update this service.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 6.0.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A minor update to the Gadgets has been released!

6.0.1 - 2021-04-09
  • Corrected GPU Meter regression issue with detection of HWiNFO when GPU sleeps/idles.
  • Corrected GPU Meter regression issue that displayed the wrong GPU memory clock speed.
  • Corrected and revised All CPU Meter temperature display when not using per-core temperatures.
Get it on GitHub: https://github.com/SilverAzide/Gadgets/releases/latest

NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been changed in this release, so there is no need to update this service.
XLR8ED

Post by XLR8ED »

Great work :thumbup: , looks awesome on the new ultrawide - up until today I was still using the original windows gadgets!

Got everything setup the way I want except the calendar, I would like to remove the gray boxes around the days of the week and just have the black background. Can you point me in the direction of where/how I would make this change?
Screenshot 2021-04-11 223807.jpg
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

XLR8ED wrote: April 12th, 2021, 3:46 am Great work :thumbup: , looks awesome on the new ultrawide - up until today I was still using the original windows gadgets!

Got everything setup the way I want except the calendar, I would like to remove the gray boxes around the days of the week and just have the black background. Can you point me in the direction of where/how I would make this change?

Thanks
Sure! Open the include file CalendarStyles.inc, which is in the same folder as the Calendar skin. Find the meter LblTxtSty and comment out the SolidColor and SolidColor2 lines, like so:

Code: Select all

;Day Label Styles
[LblTxtSty]
;SolidColor=80,80,80,255
;SolidColor2=100,100,100,255
Refresh the skin and you should be good to go.

(Tip: this will apply (roughly) to almost any skin that is based on LuaCalendar unless it has been heavily modified. LuaCalendar uses styles to control the appearance of almost every display element. If you want to change the appearance of any other element, this is most likely the file to look at.)
XLR8ED

Post by XLR8ED »

SilverAzide wrote: April 12th, 2021, 11:33 am Sure! Open the include file CalendarStyles.inc, which is in the same folder as the Calendar skin. Find the meter LblTxtSty and comment out the SolidColor and SolidColor2 lines, like so:

Code: Select all

;Day Label Styles
[LblTxtSty]
;SolidColor=80,80,80,255
;SolidColor2=100,100,100,255
Refresh the skin and you should be good to go.

(Tip: this will apply (roughly) to almost any skin that is based on LuaCalendar unless it has been heavily modified. LuaCalendar uses styles to control the appearance of almost every display element. If you want to change the appearance of any other element, this is most likely the file to look at.)
Perfect, Thank You :D
shoek

Post by shoek »

Thanks for a really great suite, @SilverAzide...

One difference I notice compared to the previous version is that on AMD CPU's, HWinfo is reporting the temps with a decimal whereas on Intel it is not.
This makes for a busy display with a little bit of overlap to the text when CPU usage is over 10%
Can we have control over the number of decimals to display for the temps in the gadget? Or is there a setting for this in HWinfo that I'm not aware of?

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Oh no... :-( Ugh. You're right, it looks like this is unique to AMD, because Intel temps are coming across with no decimals. From what I've seen so far, anyway. And because the new HWiNFO uses the registry, the measures sometimes tend to act like strings instead of numbers, so even though the display is already set for no decimals, they are showing up anyway. <Sigh>

I think HWiNFO has a way to customize the logging so it will display the number of decimals you want, but don't bother; the real fix is I need to tweak the Lua code that configures the display. Hang on for a few days and I will send out another patch release, hopefully by next weekend.

P.S.: Awesome screenshot! :D Gotta love those Threadrippers...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Another option is:

Text=[MeasureSomeString:0]
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

I should mention that on my 5900X (and still on the older version of your skin by the way, since if you recall, i ended up populating the temp fields for each core by cycling the 3 values reported by the CPU, so it doesn't look the same across the board) i do not get any decimals, just round numbers like on Intel. Is it something different for Threadripper?
Last edited by VL4DST3R on April 12th, 2021, 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.