It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:56 am

After resetting my computer, all of my Rainmeter skins no longer work.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ImAFKPlayz

After resetting my computer, all of my Rainmeter skins no longer work.

Post by ImAFKPlayz »

Hello! I have an issue with Rainmeter that I would like resolved. I have already asked the Discord and they told me to come here. So, I just reset my PC after an issue and Rainmeter no longer works. I didn't change anything and the drive that Rainmeter was on was unplugged from the PC so it wasn't touched. I got the error message "The skin {skin name} does not contain any meters and will be deactivated. The file may be damaged or it may not be a valid skin." When I closed Rainmeter and reopened it, thinking it was some sort of bug, not even the "welcome.ini" file worked anymore, something made by Rainmeter themselves.
A few things I've tried are:
- Deleting and downloading the skins that I was trying to use.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Rainmeter.
- Checking through the files on Notepad (no issues were apparent).
- Rebooting my PC
Also, all of my applications, including things such as Wallpaper Engine, all work and none of my other files have been corrupted. All of the .ini files look exactly the same and there is no difference in how they look. I still have all of these files so if you need more information let me know. Thank you all and have a great day!

PS. This is NOT an April Fool's joke haha.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: After resetting my computer, all of my Rainmeter skins no longer work.

Post by balala »

ImAFKPlayz wrote: April 1st, 2021, 4:49 pm So, I just reset my PC after an issue and Rainmeter no longer works. I didn't change anything and the drive that Rainmeter was on was unplugged from the PC so it wasn't touched. I got the error message "The skin {skin name} does not contain any meters and will be deactivated. The file may be damaged or it may not be a valid skin." When I closed Rainmeter and reopened it, thinking it was some sort of bug, not even the "welcome.ini" file worked anymore, something made by Rainmeter themselves.
A few things I've tried are:
- Deleting and downloading the skins that I was trying to use.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Rainmeter.
- Checking through the files on Notepad (no issues were apparent).
- Rebooting my PC
Also, all of my applications, including things such as Wallpaper Engine, all work and none of my other files have been corrupted. All of the .ini files look exactly the same and there is no difference in how they look. I still have all of these files so if you need more information let me know. Thank you all and have a great day!
Let's summarize a little bit, because there is something I don't understand. Rainmeter has been installed on an external drive (which has been removed meanwhile) or the skins? I suppose the skins (yes, in many cases the skins and accordingly neither the Documents folder are not on the system drive, usually C:, but on a distinct drive), but am I correct?
If I am, please right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area, click Edit settings. A file containing the settings and the already loaded configs opens. Check the SkinsPath option within the [Rainmeter] section. Make sure the path there is the correct one, pointing the right path of Skins folder. If the path was incorrect, replace it with the correct one AND RESTART Rainmeter (important). Did this fix the problem?
If it didn't, you might try a clean reinstall of Rainmeter.
ImAFKPlayz

Post by ImAFKPlayz »

Thank you so much! This worked and I'm very glad that it did. Thank you for your quick response and accurate information. I really appreciate it! :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ImAFKPlayz wrote: April 1st, 2021, 8:28 pm Thank you so much! This worked and I'm very glad that it did. Thank you for your quick response and accurate information. I really appreciate it! :D
What did work? Updating the SkinsPath option or the clean reinstall?