It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:09 am

Wont show image

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Sam12345

Wont show image

Post by Sam12345 »

I hope this is the right place to post this problem.
My problem is as follows:
I wanted to change the color of an image I use in rainmeter. So I uploaded it to an image convertor, I changed the color, downloaded it, etc. When it came to putting it in the skin, however, it didn't show it. The only thing I could find different is that the original is 8 bit depth, while the new one 32. Could that be the problem?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Wont show image

Post by balala »

Sam12345 wrote: March 25th, 2021, 8:59 pm I wanted to change the color of an image I use in rainmeter. So I uploaded it to an image convertor, I changed the color, downloaded it, etc. When it came to putting it in the skin, however, it didn't show it. The only thing I could find different is that the original is 8 bit depth, while the new one 32. Could that be the problem?
Post both images please. The original and the converted one.
Sam12345

Post by Sam12345 »

I think I discovered the problem - the convertor I used downloads corrupted images. Some programs can still "see it" though, like File Explorer and Photo Viewer, but not others (ie. Rainmeter). I'm not sure if thats it, as I'm still having slight problems, but that might be because of my code, because it shows in other Rainmeter skins which I use it in (unlike the other one), which I'm having problems with:

Its a battery meter, that is meant to show an image when charging.
Last night I decided to merge it with another skin, so I made a complete copy over to the new skin (with a separate Resources folder), and merged the code to make it work. It now shows everything correctly, besides the new image (for charging), which now shows in other Rainmeter skins but not this one. It could be that I made a wrong edit when merging the skins, so this morning I tried loading the other skin, to see if the icon that shows when its charging works on that one. The weird thing is it doesn't but it was yesterday, even though I never changed it.

So, tbh, I'm a bit confused. I guess you want to see the old skin (which used to work) but as it come with a .lua and images I packaged it and attached it. :bow:
Attachments
Battry _0.1.2.3.4.5.6.rmskin
(65.44 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Last edited by Sam12345 on March 29th, 2021, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sam12345 wrote: March 26th, 2021, 1:39 pm I think I discovered the problem - the convertor I used downloads corrupted images. Some programs can still "see it" though, like File Explorer and Photo Viewer, but not others (ie. Rainmeter). I'm not sure if thats it, as I'm still having slight problems, but that might be because of my code, because it shows in other Rainmeter skins which I use it in (unlike the other one), which I'm having problems with:

Its a battery meter, that is meant to show an image when charging.
Last night I decided to merge it with another skin, so I made a complete copy over to the new skin (with a separate Resources folder), and merged the code to make it work. It now shows everything correctly, besides the new image (for charging), which now shows in other Rainmeter skins but not this one. It could be that I made a wrong edit when merging the skins, so this morning I tried loading the other skin, to see if the icon that shows when its charging works on that one. The weird thing is it doesn't but it was yesterday, even though I never changed it.

So, tbh, I'm a bit confused. I guess you want to see the old skin (which used to work) but as it come with a .lua and images I packaged it and attached it. :bow:

Important: Edit: I tried downloading the skin and it seems to do weird things to Rainmeter so I don't recommend downloading it as it might be a virus in one of my other skins I got by mistake. I wil have a look, it might be another reason

Edit 2: The only thing it seems to be doing is closing rainmeter when installing the skin, after that it works perfectly. Download with desecration :???:
I don't have problems with this skin. It shows up, it does work. Nothing wrong, no errors in log.
Sam12345

Post by Sam12345 »

balala wrote: March 26th, 2021, 3:43 pm I don't have problems with this skin. It shows up, it does work. Nothing wrong, no errors in log.
It does for me as well now... I've taken an hiatus and everything looks good now :oops: :rolmfao:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sam12345 wrote: March 29th, 2021, 9:03 pm It does for me as well now... I've taken an hiatus and everything looks good now :oops: :rolmfao:
Good in this case. Is there anything else we (I) can help you with?
Sam12345

Post by Sam12345 »

balala wrote: March 30th, 2021, 5:58 pm Good in this case. Is there anything else we (I) can help you with?
Not yet, but i'm sure to come across something soon! :lol: :oops:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sam12345 wrote: March 31st, 2021, 10:13 pm Not yet, but i'm sure to come across something soon! :lol: :oops:
Alright, feel free to come back anytime.