It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:46 pm

Set nested [!SetOption] problem

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Youkai1977

Re: Set nested [!SetOption] problem

Post by Youkai1977 »

balala wrote: March 12th, 2021, 8:09 pm Alright. I deeply dislike this, but obviously we have different preferences.

This is why I dislike the result of the PreserveAspectRatio=2 option.

What I think is missing (unless I am missing something) is an OK button on the settings panel. I mean that if I open the settings panel (with the settings button, which appears on right when I'm hovering the mouse over the skin) and I make any setting, how do I accept it? Where should I click to return to the slideshow? From time to time when the time of the current image expires, the settings are closed, but not always. Couldn't discover what has to go on it to happen, but however in some cases I see the time counting down on the settings, but then nothing: the settings panel is kept and in such a case a refresh is the only thing I can do in order to get back the slideshow. I have a feeling that you should improve a little bit the code in this direction. Am I missing something in this direction?
Well, I wouldn't call it different preferences. The setting "1" and so to have the original image format is actually for me also the better setting.
But because of the design of my slideshow the setting "2" is just now a compromise I have to make.
And there are only 5 pictures out of almost 200 that don't really fit with the setting "2". So it's a compromise I can live with.

Ok, as for your question whether you overlook something ... no you don't. The menu itself is not finished yet and things like an OK button are still missing. In short, one of the construction sites in my slideshow.
But that's also one of the things that's giving me a bit of a headache right now.
I want to make the settings so that they are applied directly WITHOUT an OK button, which triggers, for example, a !Refresh on the slideshow.
With the first 3 settings "Subfolder", "ImageGrey" and "ImageTint" I succeeded (apparently). Make the setting, move the mouse down from the slideshow, the menu closes and the new setting runs directly. Even after a restart of the slideshow the new settings remain. There is as I said everything fit with the first 3 setting options. Whereby I am not sure with "Subfolder" whether this is really taken over without !Refresh. I have not tested this yet.
However with the InputText-Plugin stories, "Name" for SlideShow and "Folder" name for Slideshow, there I am not finished yet. Currently it works like this, that you press ENTER after entering the name and then a !Refresh of the slideshow is triggered, with subsequent reopening of the menu.
This is one of the things that I'm still on it as I said or want to implement / change.
See as I said again some postings back, where I had already mentioned these things.

What you observe, that when the time of the current image expires, that the settings are closed, that has not occurred with me so far. Therefore I can say nothing to it. :confused:
And your other question, how to get back to the slideshow, because of still missing OK button, just mouse down from the slideshow and the menu closes

P.S.: Had you already or again in the other topic purely looked with the InlineSetting? I had already answered there last night ... and another problem *cough*. :oops:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 7:39 pm Ok, as for your question whether you overlook something ... no you don't. The menu itself is not finished yet and things like an OK button are still missing. In short, one of the construction sites in my slideshow.
But that's also one of the things that's giving me a bit of a headache right now.
I want to make the settings so that they are applied directly WITHOUT an OK button, which triggers, for example, a !Refresh on the slideshow.
With the first 3 settings "Subfolder", "ImageGrey" and "ImageTint" I succeeded (apparently). Make the setting, move the mouse down from the slideshow, the menu closes and the new setting runs directly. Even after a restart of the slideshow the new settings remain. There is as I said everything fit with the first 3 setting options. Whereby I am not sure with "Subfolder" whether this is really taken over without !Refresh. I have not tested this yet.
However with the InputText-Plugin stories, "Name" for SlideShow and "Folder" name for Slideshow, there I am not finished yet. Currently it works like this, that you press ENTER after entering the name and then a !Refresh of the slideshow is triggered, with subsequent reopening of the menu.
This is one of the things that I'm still on it as I said or want to implement / change.
See as I said again some postings back, where I had already mentioned these things.
Is there any question?
Youkai1977 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 7:39 pm What you observe, that when the time of the current image expires, that the settings are closed, that has not occurred with me so far. Therefore I can say nothing to it. :confused:
Right, now it doesn't for me either. Yesterday evening it did, but now doesn't. Not sure what hes been going on yesterday, but now it looks alright. Sorry...
Youkai1977 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 7:39 pm And your other question, how to get back to the slideshow, because of still missing OK button, just mouse down from the slideshow and the menu closes
Alright, but this is not an obvious solution. On the final release I probably would still add an OK buttons or would look for an other solution.
Youkai1977 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 7:39 pm P.S.: Had you already or again in the other topic purely looked with the InlineSetting? I had already answered there last night ... and another problem *cough*. :oops:
Yep, I had.
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

balala wrote: March 13th, 2021, 8:36 pm Is there any question?
Yes and No ... no plan how to describe this exactly. but I'll give it a try....
When by Mouse-Click the InputText-Plugin (input field) is activated, always the menu disappeared and the slideshow was visible again ... but with active text input field in the middle of the slideshow. I solved this temporarily by setting the MouseLeaveAction to "" via [!SetOption]. But as I said, it's not a nice solution, and I would need help how to solve it differently.
That's why this is still a work in progress. For example, there is NO [!SetOption] set yet, which then sets a MouseLeaveAction with a function again, when the input field is deactivated again.
This is also related to the missing OK button you mentioned. I am thinking about setting an OK button next to the respective input field, which then writes the value entered by the USER via [!WriteKeyValue] and then closes the menu.
On the other hand, I am actually AGAINST a direct menu close, because perhaps a USER would like to make other settings, but would then have to call the menu again.
In short, on the whole I have received praise from you for my menu and its structure. But I think I get entangled at the end in this topic slowly, as one of me mentioned and you noticed things ultimately clean and coherent implements.
Therefore ... this would be a point where I could use help and ideas from you (or the community) well.
Especially since the menu in general has not yet all the functions I had planned so. It should also still pure a function that you can select the path to the images in the menu. I was thinking of the FileView-Plugin. Have there a nice example skin of "jsmorley" found here in the forum.
But that is future music ... first the other points concerning the menu.
Right, now it doesn't for me either. Yesterday evening it did, but now doesn't. Not sure what hes been going on yesterday, but now it looks alright. Sorry...
No problem. Sometimes I have the feeling that Rainmeter has programmed little goblins that do things that are not intended.

I am currently experiencing such inexplicable phenomena with the Speech-Plugin. I coded a clock that announces the time and a few other gimmicks.
But maybe only 4 of 10 announcements will work completely. The others always break off in the middle of a sentence and then I see how my CPU load shoots up to 98% on all cores. :uhuh:
I don't know yet if my Windows has a problem or if it is due to the update sensitivity of the speech plugin mentioned here in the forum.
Alright, but this is not an obvious solution. On the final release I probably would still add an OK buttons or would look for an other solution.
I know that I don't really like the current (unfinished) solution either and therefore still in progress, like part of my request for help on the other hand
Already seen and answered :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 10:03 pm This is also related to the missing OK button you mentioned. I am thinking about setting an OK button next to the respective input field, which then writes the value entered by the USER via [!WriteKeyValue] and then closes the menu.
On the other hand, I am actually AGAINST a direct menu close, because perhaps a USER would like to make other settings, but would then have to call the menu again.
Yep, but you could add three buttons: an OK, an Apply and a Cancel. Each should do what the appropriate button does on a Windows panel: OK should save and apply the changes and close the Settings panel, Apply should apply the settings, without closing the panle, while Cancel should close the settings panle, without applying the changes. This is what have I done for instance in the Mirage\Settings\Settings.ini skin of my Mirage suite (yes, this definitely is a self-promotion - sorry for this).
Youkai1977 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 10:03 pm Therefore ... this would be a point where I could use help and ideas from you (or the community) well.
Especially since the menu in general has not yet all the functions I had planned so. It should also still pure a function that you can select the path to the images in the menu. I was thinking of the FileView-Plugin. Have there a nice example skin of "jsmorley" found here in the forum.
A while ago I wrote a skin for this. It has been the Mirage\Settings\Browse\Browse.ini skin of the versions 1 and 1.1 of my previously mentioned Mirage suite. But it has been a little bit problematic, so since there has been posted a great plugin (by Setsukka), called FileChoose, I rewrote my Settings.ini skin, to use this plugin. Recommend to take a look. It's an exceptional plugin, for what I had to do. And suppose it could help you as well.
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

balala wrote: March 14th, 2021, 8:37 pm Yep, but you could add three buttons: an OK, an Apply and a Cancel. Each should do what the appropriate button does on a Windows panel: OK should save and apply the changes and close the Settings panel, Apply should apply the settings, without closing the panle, while Cancel should close the settings panle, without applying the changes. This is what have I done for instance in the Mirage\Settings\Settings.ini skin of my Mirage suite (yes, this definitely is a self-promotion - sorry for this).
Because of self-promotion, no worries with me. I do not see it so narrowly. But I had already told you. But I attach a screenshot of my current suite ... also a little advertising make ... :D
It is currently still quite empty (or many skins switched off) and what you can see is not yet completely finished or buggy. But you know that, I just say slideshow ...
As for the tips on the same regarding the buttons. Exactly what I had planned in the direction, but then I got so entangled and codeblind, that I turned to the forum here. Because to implement this in the now so existing code is already almost a mammoth task. That (I) should have planned better from the beginning.
It is all connected with these (planned) buttons. The InputText plugin and the problems with the related slipping away of the menu when you activate the plugin. The anyway only little space for the menu, if there are now added buttons etc....
In short, I think (at the current time) the menu part must be completely recoded if it is to be reasonable.
But since everything is so interlocked in its dependencies and functions/processes ... pfff O.O ... I don't like to think about the work right now.
Therefore, among other things, my call for help to the forum. I have the hope that a fresh pair of eyes for my (screwed up) slideshow maybe a simple solution sees, on which I by my code blindness currently but just do not come.
To cut a long story short, I'm working on it, but not as a priority at the moment. My frustration level has to come down first. That's why I'm mainly working on the other skins to at least see some progress in my suite.
But even there, I keep running into problems, like now with my NewsFeed-Reader.
So, I've been working with Rainmeter since 2014, but I've never been as frustrated with coding as I am with my current suite.
However, the reason is probably also in the fact that I deal with it for the first time more intensively and not just existing skins simply visually rebuild for me without dealing with the "what is what".
Nevertheless, currently it is so, if I did not have this forum or you at the moment, I would have probably already thrown in the towel. :uhuh:
A while ago I wrote a skin for this. It has been the Mirage\Settings\Browse\Browse.ini skin of the versions 1 and 1.1 of my previously mentioned Mirage suite. But it has been a little bit problematic, so since there has been posted a great plugin (by Setsukka), called FileChoose, I rewrote my Settings.ini skin, to use this plugin. Recommend to take a look. It's an exceptional plugin, for what I had to do. And suppose it could help you as well.
First, let's talk about your suite again. Looks great :thumbup:
And i have also seen what I could like for my suite. The skins with the answers here from the forum.
Buuuuuutttttt .... I have to brake me. I still have so much to do with my suite or skins that want to be customized. So this is future music.

As for your proposed plugin. I would have to have a look at that. Seems interesting. :thumbup:
But as I said, for now the SlideShow is in the background. Especially since I'm far away from the PC and Rainmeter just other things demand.
Therefore, feel free what my SlideShow concerns. If you feel like it and have the time, take a look at it, code on it and so on.
If something is, we can exchange ourselves here. Because as already said, I concerning the SlideShow yes not given up. It is just currently not in first place.

So and now in the SPOILER a screenshot ... a bit of advertising :D :Whistle
Is like times recently posted here somewhere, from the structure and optics here to -> Screentron-UI
Whereby I do some things differently, leave out a lot (but mainly for reasons of space on the screen). On the other hand, but also because I do not want to have too much Blink Blink and Tut Tut. Or in other words, if something blinks or Tut Tut makes, then because it is a "real" function and not just a visual "should look cool".
MARS-SUITE_BETA_14_03_2021.png
MARS-SUITE_BETA_14_03_2021
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

To be honest, I can't identify right now a specific question / request, you need help with. Because for instance:
Youkai1977 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 11:04 pm Nevertheless, currently it is so, if I did not have this forum or you at the moment, I would have probably already thrown in the towel.
or:
Youkai1977 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 11:04 pm Buuuuuutttttt .... I have to brake me. I still have so much to do with my suite or skins that want to be customized. So this is future music.
So, what should I do now? What is the question you expect help with?
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

balala wrote: March 21st, 2021, 8:10 pm To be honest, I can't identify right now a specific question / request, you need help with. Because for instance: or: So, what should I do now? What is the question you expect help with?
Sorry for the somewhat late reaction / response, but at the moment ... life ...
But I would like to answer at least here just now. The other topic, I'll give feedback later (NewsFeed).

Yes, where do I need help. By and large, my questions/problems are hidden in my last postings. Only I do not want to do to you now, the whole life stories I have written the last few days again laboriously to chew through. Therefore here in short form...

- Menu structure (like the buttons we talked about "OK, Apply, Cancel")
- The functions I want to add (FileView or the other plugin you suggested)
- In general, the code of the slideshow times go through for inconsistencies / superfluous and / or errors, etc.

To the latter, like errors in the code, there I have for example the feeling that I have with the groups (Measures / meters) possibly errors in it. Like nestings that are not necessary. :uhuh:

In short, disassemble the slideshow, try, test, rebuild ... as you feel like, have time and mood.
But that doesn't mean, write me my SlideShow ... but we had already discussed that

Ok, I have to go. The other thread I answer as mentioned later ...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 12:40 pm - Menu structure (like the buttons we talked about "OK, Apply, Cancel")
For instance: add the following meters to the end of the code. Note that at least the LeftMouseUpAction options and the design should and can be improved, but what I was thinking to is something like this:

Code: Select all

[ButtonStyle]
W=80
H=30
FontColor=220,220,220
FontEffectColor=0,0,0
StringEffect=Shadow
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=14
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=CenterCenter
AntiAlias=1
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "255,255,255"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# SolidColor "25,25,25,150"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "220,220,220"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# SolidColor "0,0,0,150"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "0,0,0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# SolidColor "220,220,220,150"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
Group=AS01
Hidden=1

[MeterOK]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=ButtonStyle
X=130
Y=240
Text=OK
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables SubF "#SubF#" "#CURRENTPATH#slideshowdata.inc"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "220,220,220"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# SolidColor "0,0,0,150"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!HideMeterGroup "AS01"][!Redraw]

[MeterApply]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=ButtonStyle
X=90r
Y=0r
Text=Apply
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables SubF "#SubF#" "#CURRENTPATH#slideshowdata.inc"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "220,220,220"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# SolidColor "0,0,0,150"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]

[MeterCancel]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=ButtonStyle
X=90r
Y=0r
Text=Cancel
LeftMouseUpAction=[!HideMeterGroup "AS01"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# FontColor "220,220,220"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# SolidColor "0,0,0,150"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!HideMeterGroup "AS01"][!Redraw]
Youkai1977 wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 12:40 pm - The functions I want to add (FileView or the other plugin you suggested)
I suggest the FileChoose plugin, which is much more reliable. I tried out the FileView plugin approach (in the first two versions of my Mirage), but there were lot of problems. The FileChoose plugin approach fixed most of them. I definitely support this solution.
Youkai1977 wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 12:40 pm - In general, the code of the slideshow times go through for inconsistencies / superfluous and / or errors, etc.
I'm not sure there are such problems, but a deeper analise would be needed. Unfortunately right now I have no enough time. However the good thing is there are no error message in the log and this is extremely good.
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

I have now inserted your code for the buttons as a test. And it seems like this could work. :thumbup:
However, as you have already guessed, are of course still necessary adjustments in the design, position, size, etc..
In addition, by the buttons then other things in my code may be superfluous, because the buttons then take over the function.
But I have to look at that in peace. Currently, other things (family, for example) occupy me a little more or have higher priority.
Therefore, as I said, it is not a problem that you do not have much time to take my patient slideshow times in detail for a deeper diagnosis.
Good things just take time, that's how it is...

Yes, that my slideshow otherwise works without errors in the log, I'm also glad about it. Especially when you consider what I have there partly for nested processes in it.
Whereby, NO error in the LOG does not necessarily mean that a code is also error-free. I have had to make this experience many times. :uhuh:

Regarding the FileChoose plugin, right that must also still pure. Puuh that will be tight with the buttons from the space.
But well, at the moment I don't have the time for bigger construction sites like my slideshow. So it has to be done step by step like everything else.
I think that I first make the other skins of my suite further, and the SlideShow so besides, as just time and desire is there.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 8:50 pm I have now inserted your code for the buttons as a test. And it seems like this could work. :thumbup:
However, as you have already guessed, are of course still necessary adjustments in the design, position, size, etc..
For sure. Improvements are definitely needed, because I wrote those meters quickly, just to can show you what was I talking about.
Youkai1977 wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 8:50 pm In addition, by the buttons then other things in my code may be superfluous, because the buttons then take over the function.
But I have to look at that in peace. Currently, other things (family, for example) occupy me a little more or have higher priority.
Therefore, as I said, it is not a problem that you do not have much time to take my patient slideshow times in detail for a deeper diagnosis.
Good things just take time, that's how it is...

Yes, that my slideshow otherwise works without errors in the log, I'm also glad about it. Especially when you consider what I have there partly for nested processes in it.
Whereby, NO error in the LOG does not necessarily mean that a code is also error-free. I have had to make this experience many times. :uhuh:

Regarding the FileChoose plugin, right that must also still pure. Puuh that will be tight with the buttons from the space.
But well, at the moment I don't have the time for bigger construction sites like my slideshow. So it has to be done step by step like everything else.
I think that I first make the other skins of my suite further, and the SlideShow so besides, as just time and desire is there.
Ok, take your time and work when you have enough time and energy. Let me (us) know if any question arises.