It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:31 pm

help with inline options

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: help with inline options

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 11:37 pm Ok, so if I understand this correctly, this is total crap what I'm trying to do. :( :uhuh: :-(
No, it's not at all. Even if some errors / mistakes do exist, it's not a crap at all. Finally it does work, isn't it?
Youkai1977 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 11:37 pm But how should the coding look correct way, so that what I want, so that the text GOOGLE NEWS only yellow, during the update process, and when finished, then appears again in blue?
The easiest way is to use a bang on the FinishAction option to get it colored yellow and after a few seconds get it recolored blue. For instance replace the existing FinishAction option of the [mRSS] measure with this: FinishAction=[!SetOption HEADNAME FontColor "#Color4##Alpha1#"][!Delay "5000"][!SetOption HEADNAME FontColor "#Color3##Alpha1#"]. Make sure to use the proper value in the above !Delay bang. For instance with the above [!Delay "5000"] bang, you get the string colored yellow for 5 seconds (= 5000 milliseconds).
Youkai1977 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 11:37 pm PS.: Did you see my question about the inline setting for the [mRRSItem5]? That seems to work after your tip then but not quite error-free. With the others this also happens. Have in between always feeds that appear in the color white. But is sporadic and therefore difficult for me to identify :???: :confused:
Are you talking about this question? If you are, it is fixed.
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

No, it's not at all. Even if some errors / mistakes do exist, it's not a crap at all. Finally it does work, isn't it?
The actual skin, that is the NewsFeed yes. Just the Update-Function -> Text GOOGLE NEWS turns Yellow when [mRSS] reconnects for update -> When Update finished, Text GOOGLE NEWS turns Blue again just not.
Well, have your tip now times implemented.
This is how the code looks now:

Code: Select all

[mRSS]
Measure=WEBPARSER
URL=#RSSUrl#
RegExp=(?siU)<description>(.*)</description>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>.*<item.*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)
Substitute="&apos;":"'","&quot;":"","&Quot;":"","&amp;":"&","&lt;br&gt;":"","![CDATA[":"","]]":"","...":"","<":"",">":"","/PRE&gt;":"","PRE&gt;":"","&lt;":"","&#39;":"'","&#228;":"ä","&#246;":"ö","&#8211;":"–"
UpdateRate=60000
StringIndex=1
Debug=1
OnChangeAction=[!ShowMeter HEADNAME][!UpdateMeterGroup FEED][!Redraw]
FinishAction=[!SetOption HEADNAME FontColor "#Color4##Alpha1#"][!UpdateMeter HEADNAME][!Redraw][!Delay 5000][!SetOption HEADNAME FontColor "#Color3##Alpha1#"][!UpdateMeter HEADNAME][!Redraw]
Now I see at the first start that the text is yellow, but then there is nothing more. Text is always only blue. And sometime the UpdateRate=60.000 should be expired, that one sees the color change.
Are you talking about this question? If you are, it is fixed.
Correct, at first it also seemed that your tip immediately worked without problems. EVERYWHERE, then I noticed that sporadically some feeds DO NOT accept the color set by InlineSetting.

I have now to the test modified your tip as follows.
I have put a (?i) in front of each [mRSSItem].
So far it looks good.
Unless you have another idea ...

[StNEWS]
Padding=0,4,-1,5
SolidColor=#Color0##Alpha0#
FontColor=#Color5##Alpha1#
FontFace=#FontFace#
FontSize=#FS1#
StringCase=UPPER
AntiAlias=1
Text=[\x2022][\x2022][\x2022]  [mRSSItem1]  [\x2022][\x2022][\x2022]  [mRSSItem2]  [\x2022][\x2022][\x2022]  [mRSSItem3]  [\x2022][\x2022][\x2022]  [mRSSItem4]  [\x2022][\x2022][\x2022]  [mRSSItem5]  [\x2022][\x2022][\x2022] 
InlineSetting=Color | #Color1##Alpha1#
InlinePattern=(?i)[mRSSItem1] | (?i)[mRSSItem3] | (?i)[mRSSItem5]
InlineSetting2=Color | #Color2##Alpha1#
InlinePattern2=(?i)[mRSSItem2] | (?i)[mRSSItem4]
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=1
Container=CONTAINER_NWF
- Win11 Pro x64 (23H2 - 22631.3085)
- Rainmeter 4.5.18
- Gigabyte B550i AORUS Pro AX V1.2
- Corsair Venegeance LPX 2x 16GB (32GB) DDR4 3200MHz
- RYZEN 7 5800X
- PowerColor RX570 8GB
- Samsung 980Pro 250GB (NVMe) - Drive C: Windows
- Kingston SNV2S1000G (NVMe) - Drive D: Rainmeter, Skins & Others - Drive D: Games
- NAS Synology DS216j - 2x 1GB HDDs - My Main Backup & Data Storage in my Home-Network
- Mon 1: 24" HP 24f (1920 x 1080 @ 75Hz) - Primary
- Mon 2: 22" Philips 226VL (1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz) - Secondary 1
- Mon 3: 50" Philips 50PUS7304/12 (3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz) - Secondary 2
- Corsair CX 650M Power Supply
- NZXT H210 Case
- ISP Vodafone with 1000/50 Mbit Cable Internet

The absolutly High-End Machine on 2024 ... at least the graphics card :oops: O.O :rofl:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 6:53 pm The actual skin, that is the NewsFeed yes. Just the Update-Function -> Text GOOGLE NEWS turns Yellow when [mRSS] reconnects for update -> When Update finished, Text GOOGLE NEWS turns Blue again just not.
Well, have your tip now times implemented.
This is how the code looks now:

[mRSS]
Measure=WEBPARSER
URL=#RSSUrl#
RegExp=(?siU)<description>(.*)</description>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>.*<item.*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)
Substitute="&apos;":"'","&quot;":"","&Quot;":"","&amp;":"&","&lt;br&gt;":"","![CDATA[":"","]]":"","...":"","<":"",">":"","/PRE&gt;":"","PRE&gt;":"","&lt;":"","&#39;":"'","&#228;":"ä","&#246;":"ö","&#8211;":"–"
UpdateRate=60000
StringIndex=1
Debug=1
OnChangeAction=[!ShowMeter HEADNAME][!UpdateMeterGroup FEED][!Redraw]
FinishAction=[!SetOption HEADNAME FontColor "#Color4##Alpha1#"][!UpdateMeter HEADNAME][!Redraw][!Delay 5000][!SetOption HEADNAME FontColor "#Color3##Alpha1#"][!UpdateMeter HEADNAME][!Redraw]
Now I see at the first start that the text is yellow, but then there is nothing more. Text is always only blue. And sometime the UpdateRate=60.000 should be expired, that one sees the color change.Correct, at first it also seemed that your tip immediately worked without problems. EVERYWHERE, then I noticed that sporadically some feeds DO NOT accept the color set by InlineSetting.
Sorry, I have to fix one of my mistakes. Even if I saw there is a DefaultUpdateDivider=1 option set on the skin and even if we discussed about it, somehow I succeeded missing its importance. But it is extremely important, because you get updated the parent WebParser measure on an interval equal with Update x UpdateDivider x UpdateRate (not simply Update x UpdateRate). And doesn't really matter if the UpdateDivider is set directly on the measure or through a DefaultUpdateDivider (like this time).
However there is a recommendation to never set an UpdateDivider on a (parent) WebParser measure, because it can cause problems (see the first paragraph after the example code posted onto the What about UpdateRate? section here). So accordingly (and contrary to what I said before), recommend to add an UpdateDivider=1 option to the [mRSS] measure.
My bad, sorry for it...
Youkai1977 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 6:53 pm I have now to the test modified your tip as follows.
I have put a (?i) in front of each [mRSSItem].
So far it looks good.
Unless you have another idea ...
No, actually I have no. Test it to see if it does work even on longer term.
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

balala wrote: March 15th, 2021, 8:03 pm My bad, sorry for it...
No problem that you have made a mistake. It's not as if that wouldn't happen to me. :oops:

So I have now tried around ... and currently set the following for TESTING:

- Update=20
- DefaultUpdateDivider=50
- UpdateRate=60 in Measure [mRSS]
- !! NO !!! UpdateDivider=1 set in Measure [mRSS] as you advised

...then the DEBUG mode on to see how often is updated. And that is with the TEST settings about every 1.5 minutes.
So either I'm completely stupid now and don't get all this update stuff in Rainmeter at all, or if I do, I've programmed little ghosts that act against the syntax laws in Rainmeter.
No, actually I have no. Test it to see if it does work even on longer term.
This also simply doesn't work out properly. Sometimes all feeds are as I want to have it, then there is always a feed in between that appears in WHITE. And then it even happens that a feed has two colors ... so half BLUE, half WHITE O.O :???:

Here again in the SPOILERS the current (TEST) version of my code, with the UpdateRate=60 Setting.
The active skin on my PC has of course again a higher value -> UpdateRate=1200
That should be then after your link (Update x UpdateDivider x UpdateRate / 1000) with me as follows: 20 x 1 x 1200 / 1000 = 24 ...also all 24 Minutes an Update, at least if my calculator calculates correctly. :oops:
Because an UpdateDivider=1 I have NOT set, but according to your link is set automatically if not set by the user.

In short, the DefaultUpdateDivider is NOT mentioned at all and seems to have no influence on a WebParser measure. Or do I not understand something here? :???:

1. newsfeed.ini

[Rainmeter]
Update=20
DefaultUpdateDivider=50
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

[Metadata]
Name=NewsFeed Reader (Marquee)
Author=Youkai1977 
Version=03-21.V1 <> 13.02.2021
Information=This Meter is a Part of M.A.R.S.- 2021 Skin Package
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 4.0

;==================================================
;=== VARIABLES & STYLES ===========================

[Variables]
@include=newsfeeddata.inc

;==============================================================
;=== VOICE OUTPUT =============================================
;===                                                         ==
;=== FOR MORE INFO TO SPEECH-PLUGIN                          ==
;=== https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=31161 ==
;===                                                         ==

[VoiceOutput]
Measure=PLUGIN
Plugin=Speech
Name=#VoiceName#
;Index=#IndexName# 
;Gender=#VoiceGender#
Debug=#DebugModus#
Volume=#VoiceVolume#
Rate=#SpeechRate#
UpdateDivider=-1

;=== MEASURES NEWS FEED & MARQUEE =================

;=== MEASURES NEWS FEED ===========================

[mRSS]
Measure=WEBPARSER
URL=#RSSUrl#
UpdateRate=60
StringIndex=1
Debug=1
OnChangeAction=[!EnableMeasureGroup CHILDS][!ShowMeter HEADNAME][!UpdateMeterGroup FEED][!Redraw]
FinishAction=[!CommandMeasure VoiceOutput "#NewsUpdSpeech#"][!SetOption HEADNAME FontColor "#Color4##Alpha1#"][!UpdateMeter HEADNAME][!Redraw][!Delay 5000][!SetOption HEADNAME FontColor "#Color3##Alpha1#"][!UpdateMeter HEADNAME][!Redraw]
;UpdateDivider=1

[mRSSItem1]
Measure=WEBPARSER
URL=[mRSS]
StringIndex=3
Disabled=1
Group=CHILDS

[mRSSItem2]
Measure=WEBPARSER
URL=[mRSS]
StringIndex=5
Disabled=1
Group=CHILDS

[mRSSItem3]
Measure=WEBPARSER
URL=[mRSS]
StringIndex=7
Disabled=1
Group=CHILDS

[mRSSItem4]
Measure=WEBPARSER
URL=[mRSS]
StringIndex=9
Disabled=1
Group=CHILDS

[mRSSItem5]
Measure=WEBPARSER
URL=[mRSS]
StringIndex=11
Disabled=1
Group=CHILDS

;=== MEASURES MARQUEE FUNCTION ====================

[mTimer]
Measure=CALC
Formula=(mTimer % (#StartPos#+#MaxMove#))#Direction#
UpdateDivider=1

[mXPos]
Measure=CALC
Formula=(mTimer+#StartPos#)
UpdateDivider=1

;##################################################

;=== HEAD NEWS FEED READER (Side Lines) ===========

[HEADLINES]
Meter=SHAPE
X=0
Y=0
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,8,8 | Extend ModifiersS1
Shape2=Line 8,4,26,4 | Extend ModifiersL1
Shape3=Rectangle 26,0,8,8 | Extend ModifiersS1
;-----
Shape4=Rectangle 0,16,8,8 | Extend ModifiersS2
Shape5=Line 8,20,26,20 | Extend ModifiersL2
Shape6=Rectangle 26,16,8,8 | Extend ModifiersS2
;-----
Shape7=Rectangle ([HEADNAME:W] + 48),0,8,8 | Extend ModifiersS1
Shape8=Rectangle ([HEADNAME:W] + 48),0,8,8 | Extend ModifiersS1
Shape9=Rectangle ([HEADNAME:W] + 48),16,8,8 | Extend ModifiersS2
Shape10=Rectangle ([HEADNAME:W] + 48),16,8,8 | Extend ModifiersS2
;-----
Shape11=Rectangle 872,0,8,8 | Extend ModifiersS1
Shape12=Line 854,4,872,4 | Extend ModifiersL1
Shape13=Rectangle 846,0,8,8 | Extend ModifiersS1
;-----
Shape14=Rectangle 872,16,8,8 | Extend ModifiersS2
Shape15=Line 854,20,872,20 | Extend ModifiersL2
Shape16=Rectangle 846,16,8,8 | Extend ModifiersS2
ModifiersS1=StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color #Color3##Alpha2#
ModifiersL1=StrokeWidth 2 | StrokeColor #Color3##Alpha2#
ModifiersS2=StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color #Color3##Alpha1#
ModifiersL2=StrokeWidth 2 | StrokeColor #Color3##Alpha1#
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
Group=FEED

[HEADNAME]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StHEAD
X=41
Y=0
LeftMouseUpAction=[#vURL#]

;=== MARQUEE NEWS FEED READER =====================

;=== CONTAINER NEWS FEED ==========================

[CONTAINER_NWF]
Meter=SHAPE
X=0
Y=0
Shape=Line ([HEADNAME:W] + 63),0,839,0 | StrokeWidth 47 | StrokeColor #Color0##Alpha1#
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=[#vURL#]
Group=FEED

;=== MARQUEE NEWS FEED ============================

[NewsFeed]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StNEWS
X=[mXPos]r
Y=0
2.) newsfeeddata.inc

[Variables]
;********************************************************************************************************************************************************
;********************************************************************************************************************************************************
;***                                                                                                                                               ******
;*** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   DON`T CHANGE ANYTHING IN THIS FILE   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Unless you know what you are doing :-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ******
;*** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   DON`T CHANGE ANYTHING IN THIS FILE   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Unless you know what you are doing :-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ******
;***                                                                                                                                               ******
;=== VARIABLES FONTFACE - SIZE - COLORS ===========
FontFace=SQUARE721 BT
FS1=10
Alpha0=1
Alpha1=255
Alpha2=70
Color0=0,0,0,
Color1=160,246,253,
Color2=48,180,200,
Color3=97,240,255,
Color4=253,193,0,
Color5=255,255,255
;=== VARIABLES SPEECH PLUGIN (NewsFeed) ===========
VoiceName=Microsoft Hedda Desktop
;IndexName= 
;VoiceGender=
DebugModus=0
VoiceVolume=100
SpeedRate=-2
NewsUpdSpeech=News Feed aktualisiert
;=== VARIABLES NEWS FEED READER ===================
Direction=-1
MaxMove=3600
StartPos=850
RSSUrl=https://news.google.com/rss?pz=1&cf=all&hl=de&gl=DE&ceid=DE:de
vURL=http://news.google.de/
;=== STYLE NEWS FEED HEAD (Side Line) =============

[StHEAD]
Padding=0,4,-1,5
FontColor=#Color3##Alpha1#
FontFace=#FontFace#
FontSize=#FS1#
StringCase=UPPER
AntiAlias=1
Text=[mRSS]
ClipString=2
ClipStringW=105
ClipStringH=15
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
Hidden=1
Group=FEED

;=== STLYE NEWS FEED ==============================

[StNEWS]
Padding=0,4,-1,5
FontColor=#Color5##Alpha1#
FontFace=#FontFace#
FontSize=#FS1#
StringCase=UPPER
AntiAlias=1
Text=[\x2022][\x2022][\x2022]  [mRSSItem1]  [\x2022][\x2022][\x2022]  [mRSSItem2]  [\x2022][\x2022][\x2022]  [mRSSItem3]  [\x2022][\x2022][\x2022]  [mRSSItem4]  [\x2022][\x2022][\x2022]  [mRSSItem5]  [\x2022][\x2022][\x2022] 
InlineSetting=Color | #Color1##Alpha1#
InlinePattern=(?i)[mRSSItem1] | (?i)[mRSSItem3] | (?i)[mRSSItem5]
InlineSetting2=Color | #Color2##Alpha1#
InlinePattern2=(?i)[mRSSItem2] | (?i)[mRSSItem4]
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=1
Container=CONTAINER_NWF
Group=FEED
PS.: Had you seen my other post (SlideShow) ??? :welcome:
- Rainmeter 4.5.18
- RYZEN 7 5800X
- PowerColor RX570 8GB
- Kingston SNV2S1000G (NVMe) - Drive D: Rainmeter, Skins & Others - Drive D: Games
- NAS Synology DS216j - 2x 1GB HDDs - My Main Backup & Data Storage in my Home-Network
- NZXT H210 Case

The absolutly High-End Machine on 2024 ... at least the graphics card :oops: O.O :rofl:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Firstly sorry for the late reply.
Youkai1977 wrote: March 17th, 2021, 1:47 am No problem that you have made a mistake. It's not as if that wouldn't happen to me. :oops:

So I have now tried around ... and currently set the following for TESTING:

- Update=20
- DefaultUpdateDivider=50
- UpdateRate=60 in Measure [mRSS]
- !! NO !!! UpdateDivider=1 set in Measure [mRSS] as you advised

...then the DEBUG mode on to see how often is updated. And that is with the TEST settings about every 1.5 minutes.
So either I'm completely stupid now and don't get all this update stuff in Rainmeter at all, or if I do, I've programmed little ghosts that act against the syntax laws in Rainmeter.
Secondly: try the followings:

[Rainmeter]
Update=20
DefaultUpdateDivider=50

[mRSS]
UpdateRate=60000
UpdateDivider=1
Note the followings:
  • Update in the [Rainmeter] section set to Update=20 (as initially), for smooth animation.
  • DefaultUpdateDivider in the same [Rainmeter] section set to DefaultUpdateDivider=50, to have on update per second (per 20 x 50 = 1000 milliseconds) on all measures and meters which are not set another way.
  • UpdateDivider=1 set on the [mRSS] measure, due to the previously linked description (first paragraph after the example code posted onto the What about UpdateRate? section here).
  • Finally UpdateRate=60000 on the same [mRSS] measure. This way you have an update of this measure on each 20 x 1 x 60000 milliseconds = 1,200,000 milliseconds = 1200 seconds = 20 minutes. Obviously if needed you can change the value of the UpdateRate option. Anyway what I recommend is not to change the UpdateDivider of the [mRSS] measure, because as you could see, on a such measure (a parent WebParser measure) you shouldn't use another value of the UpdateDivider than 1.
Youkai1977 wrote: March 17th, 2021, 1:47 am Here again in the SPOILERS the current (TEST) version of my code, with the UpdateRate=60 Setting.
The active skin on my PC has of course again a higher value -> UpdateRate=1200
That should be then after your link (Update x UpdateDivider x UpdateRate / 1000) with me as follows: 20 x 1 x 1200 / 1000 = 24 ...also all 24 Minutes an Update, at least if my calculator calculates correctly. :oops:
Your calculator for sure works correctly, but you are making a mistake: that result means not 24 minutes, but 24 seconds. Important difference.
Youkai1977 wrote: March 17th, 2021, 1:47 am Because an UpdateDivider=1 I have NOT set, but according to your link is set automatically if not set by the user.
It is, IF there is no DefaultUpdateDivider set in the [Rainmeter] section. If this one is set, the UpdateDivider of all measures and meters are set to the value of the DefaultUpdateDivider, unless a such measure or meter is explicitelly set to a certain UpdateDivider.
Youkai1977 wrote: March 17th, 2021, 1:47 am In short, the DefaultUpdateDivider is NOT mentioned at all and seems to have no influence on a WebParser measure. Or do I not understand something here? :???:
It has, for sure. It applies to ALL measurea and meters, including WebParser measures.
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

No problem, answer when you have time. At the moment I am not much busy at the PC or with Rainmeter. So my answers can take some time. Cure, everything in its time. Rainmeter is hobby ... I think ... :???:
However, I still have no reaction/answer in my SlideShow problem thread ... shame on you... :phhht :D ;-)
Update in the [Rainmeter] section set to Update=20 (as initially), for smooth animation.
DefaultUpdateDivider in the same [Rainmeter] section set to DefaultUpdateDivider=50, to have on update per second (per 20 x 50 = 1000 milliseconds) on all measures and meters which are not set another way.
UpdateDivider=1 set on the [mRSS] measure, due to the previously linked description (first paragraph after the example code posted onto the What about UpdateRate? section here).
Finally UpdateRate=60000 on the same [mRSS] measure. This way you have an update of this measure on each 20 x 1 x 60000 milliseconds = 1,200,000 milliseconds = 1200 seconds = 20 minutes. Obviously if needed you can change the value of the UpdateRate option. Anyway what I recommend is not to change the UpdateDivider of the [mRSS] measure, because as you could see, on a such measure (a parent WebParser measure) you shouldn't use another value of the UpdateDivider than 1.
Well, I can change it like in your example and see what happens.
Currently my NewsFeed skin is still set as posted in my last answer (behind the SPOILERS). Except for the UpdateRate, which is currently set to 1200 (with Update=20 and DefaultUpdateDivider=50).
In addition I have to the test, so that I get the updates, me the Speech-Plugin with built-in which makes me an announcement if the NewsFeed over the WEBPARSER is updated. And currently it seems that this happens about every 20 minutes. See again the code behind the SPOILERS in my last answer. There you can also see that I have the SPEECH plugin in it.
But anyway. Currently it confuses me just a little that you recommend to set an UpdateDiver=1 on the measure [mRSS], while the manual for the Webparser plugin says something else ... at least if I understand it correctly. :???:
Your calculator for sure works correctly, but you are making a mistake: that result means not 24 minutes, but 24 seconds. Important difference.
Oops ... :oops: :oops: :oops:
It is, IF there is no DefaultUpdateDivider set in the [Rainmeter] section. If this one is set, the UpdateDivider of all measures and meters are set to the value of the DefaultUpdateDivider, unless a such measure or meter is explicitelly set to a certain UpdateDivider.
But that's exactly what I did. There is a DefaultUpdateDivider set. And therefore the [mRSS] Measure should run in the update 20x50 =1000ms (1 second).
But if I now, as you recommend, set an UpdateDivider=1 on the [mRSS] Measure, then it runs on 20ms (0.2 seconds), AND THEN an UpdateRate=60,000 is due.

Boah ne, what confusing.... :( :uhuh: :confused:
- Rainmeter 4.5.18
- RYZEN 7 5800X
- PowerColor RX570 8GB
- NZXT H210 Case

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: March 19th, 2021, 3:55 pm No problem, answer when you have time. At the moment I am not much busy at the PC or with Rainmeter. So my answers can take some time. Cure, everything in its time. Rainmeter is hobby ... I think ... :???:
However, I still have no reaction/answer in my SlideShow problem thread ... shame on you... :phhht :D ;-) Well, I can change it like in your example and see what happens.
One question at a time. Will take a look there as well. But maybe post a link of your question (even if I know we've discussed it, just no to look for it).
Youkai1977 wrote: March 19th, 2021, 3:55 pm Currently my NewsFeed skin is still set as posted in my last answer (behind the SPOILERS). Except for the UpdateRate, which is currently set to 1200 (with Update=20 and DefaultUpdateDivider=50).
In addition I have to the test, so that I get the updates, me the Speech-Plugin with built-in which makes me an announcement if the NewsFeed over the WEBPARSER is updated. And currently it seems that this happens about every 20 minutes. See again the code behind the SPOILERS in my last answer. There you can also see that I have the SPEECH plugin in it.
The intention was exactly this: one update per 20 minutes. At least this is what I understood. The posted values are definitely written for this behavior. Is it ok?
Youkai1977 wrote: March 19th, 2021, 3:55 pm But anyway. Currently it confuses me just a little that you recommend to set an UpdateDiver=1 on the measure [mRSS], while the manual for the Webparser plugin says something else ... at least if I understand it correctly. :???: Oops ... :oops: :oops:
Not sure what is the manual entry which confuses you. Which one is?
Youkai1977 wrote: March 19th, 2021, 3:55 pm But if I now, as you recommend, set an UpdateDivider=1 on the [mRSS] Measure, then it runs on 20ms (0.2 seconds), AND THEN an UpdateRate=60,000 is due.
Make sure you set the UpdateRate to UpdateRate=60000 and not to UpdateRate=60,000.
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

balala wrote: March 19th, 2021, 6:36 pm One question at a time. Will take a look there as well. But maybe post a link of your question (even if I know we've discussed it, just no to look for it).
Yes sure, was also meant as a joke, because of that you had not yet answered there. Therefore, all good ...
But here as requested the link -> Set nested [!SETOption] problem
The intention was exactly this: one update per 20 minutes. At least this is what I understood. The posted values are definitely written for this behavior. Is it ok?
Honestly, I have your suggestions / tips from your last response NOT yet implemented. Currently I am as I said not much on the PC, because I just claim other things.
But as soon as I have set your proposed values and tested, I'll give you feedback of course. :thumbup:
Not sure what is the manual entry which confuses you. Which one is?
Currently, I actually do not really know myself. I have read myself to various Rainmeter topics partly so deeply into the matter that I have just the feeling of an OVERFLOW-ERROR in the head. It is almost no matter what it is about Rainmeter, there are for a problem umpteen different solutions, which then partly contradict each other, or cancel ... or or or.
I say only e.g. read out the physical and logical CPU cores (with my CPU skin where I am parallel also on it).
Or I express it differently. The program Rainmeter has grown over the years so much in its functionality, that it is too complicated for the normal/standard PC-User. Say you have to have partly already professional IT knowledge ... I say only TransformationsMatrix, RegSubsitute, or with the Shapes, if it concerns ARC and CURVE. Honestly, when I read up on the latter, my brain flies away at about half of the manual.
In short, Rainmeter is nice and I don't like to miss it anymore. But with many things I think, you don't really get far with Rainmeter today without a Doctor in IT.

Yes and so also this UPDATE stuff ... If you read something about it in the forum, it says do it this way and that way. Then you read to the same problem the manual, then it stands there again differently (at least I understand it so).
But well, maybe I had the last few weeks just too much Rainmeter.

Make sure you set the UpdateRate to UpdateRate=60000 and not to UpdateRate=60,000.
Yes, I know, in the skin NOT 60,000 but 60000.
I had put the "." only here in the post, not in the skin.
So all good... :thumbup:
- Rainmeter 4.5.18
- RYZEN 7 5800X
- PowerColor RX570 8GB
- NZXT H210 Case

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 8:03 pm Yes sure, was also meant as a joke, because of that you had not yet answered there. Therefore, all good ...
But here as requested the link -> Set nested [!SETOption] problem
Ok, will take a look a little bit later today or tomorrow.
Youkai1977 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 8:03 pm Honestly, I have your suggestions / tips from your last response NOT yet implemented. Currently I am as I said not much on the PC, because I just claim other things.
But as soon as I have set your proposed values and tested, I'll give you feedback of course. :thumbup:
Ok, please do so. I'd like to know how is it going on.
Youkai1977 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 8:03 pm Currently, I actually do not really know myself. I have read myself to various Rainmeter topics partly so deeply into the matter that I have just the feeling of an OVERFLOW-ERROR in the head. It is almost no matter what it is about Rainmeter, there are for a problem umpteen different solutions, which then partly contradict each other, or cancel ... or or or.
I say only e.g. read out the physical and logical CPU cores (with my CPU skin where I am parallel also on it).
Or I express it differently. The program Rainmeter has grown over the years so much in its functionality, that it is too complicated for the normal/standard PC-User. Say you have to have partly already professional IT knowledge ... I say only TransformationsMatrix, RegSubsitute, or with the Shapes, if it concerns ARC and CURVE. Honestly, when I read up on the latter, my brain flies away at about half of the manual.
In short, Rainmeter is nice and I don't like to miss it anymore. But with many things I think, you don't really get far with Rainmeter today without a Doctor in IT.
Same here, Rainmeter has been developed extremely much in last few years, thanks to the devs. A lot of new features have been added, but in some cases this complicates things a little bit. But this forum can help you / anyone when needed.
About the TranformationMatrix, it's pure math. And I love it (not the math, but the TransformationMatrix - well, in fact math as well, but I was talking about TM).
Youkai1977 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 8:03 pm Yes and so also this UPDATE stuff ... If you read something about it in the forum, it says do it this way and that way. Then you read to the same problem the manual, then it stands there again differently (at least I understand it so).
Note that not all replyies / post here in the forum are acurate. People are mistaken from time to time, you don't always have to take all posts for granted. (Almost) everyone is mistaken at some point, ME FOR SURE.
Youkai1977 wrote: March 20th, 2021, 8:03 pm Yes, I know, in the skin NOT 60,000 but 60000.
I had put the "." only here in the post, not in the skin.
So all good... :thumbup:
Alright, just wanted to make sure that's not a mistake in the code. Good if it's not.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Youkai1977 wrote: March 19th, 2021, 3:55 pm However, I still have no reaction/answer in my SlideShow problem thread ... shame on you... :phhht :D ;-)
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37002&start=30#p189478