It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:02 pm

Blue screen : error in initialization : le paramètre n'est pas valide

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Mino_el_Nukenin

Blue screen : error in initialization : le paramètre n'est pas valide

Post by Mino_el_Nukenin »

Hi,

I've updated Windows yesterday and since then I keep having this double blue screens.
First one says : error in initialization : le paramètre n'est pas valide (setting is not valid)
When I click ok, it goes to a second screen with this : L'index était hors limites. Il ne doit pas être négatif et doit être inférieur à la taille de la collection. Nom du paramètre : index (index was off-limit. It can't be negative and must be inferior to the size of the collection. Setting's name : index)
Then when I click ok, it goes to a black screen and if I click anywhere or press Windows on my laptop it goes back to normal until it starts again a few minutes later.
I've done some research and it has to do with some coding, and since I'm only using Rainmeter with codes I guess it's linked to Rainmeter.
Any ideas and help?

Thanks in advance
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Blue screen : error in initialization : le paramètre n'est pas valide

Post by jsmorley »

I'm not at all sure this has to do with Rainmeter. I would try installing the latest version of Rainmeter and when installing it, just uncheck the "Launch Rainmeter on startup" box. That way Rainmeter won't automatically try to start when you reboot.

If that in fact "solves" the issue, then it's Rainmeter. If it doesn't then it's something else.

What you want to do is to "find" the skin or skins that are causing the issue. The best way to do this is to go to the folder:

C:\Users\YourAccountName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter

and delete or rename the file Rainmeter.ini.

Then start Rainmeter. I'm betting it works fine, and will load the default Illustro skins.

Close all of those, and start, one at a time, loading the skins you were using before. When it crashes, you have the culprit.

Once you have it figured out, you can reinstall Rainmeter again and check the "Launch Rainmeter on startup" box.
Mino_el_Nukenin

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response.
I've tried some of these things and nothing worked.

After a while, I stopped Rainmeter and the screen kept coming, so yeah it's not Rainmeter.
I don't get it, it was all working fine two days ago...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mino_el_Nukenin wrote: March 17th, 2021, 1:42 pm Hi,
Thanks for the quick response.
I've tried some of these things and nothing worked.

After a while, I stopped Rainmeter and the screen kept coming, so yeah it's not Rainmeter.
I don't get it, it was all working fine two days ago...
These computers are not here to stay.
Mino_el_Nukenin

True.

I've just noticed that some of the windows 10 updates were not installed... That might be my problem here.
Time will tell.

I now have another blue screen saying this : contact the developer of the software, reason = classe non enregistrée (exception de HRESULT : 0x8004015 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).