It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:16 am

Gadgets Additions 4.4.0

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets Additions 4.2.0

Post by SilverAzide »

sweetboo wrote: November 21st, 2020, 4:08 am hello there is something wrong with the VRAM counter and incorrect vram usage

any idea what's going on? i'm using rainmeter 4.4.0.3404 thanks!
I don't think there is a really a problem here. You are basically comparing apples to orange to bananas and wondering why they aren't the same... and you are not the first to wonder why because it confuses the heck out of everyone. You are looking at 3 different things: Rainmeter (via the gadget) which is getting information from Windows performance counters database, Task Manager which is getting information from some source that Microsoft hasn't clearly documented, and (I think) SysInternals ProcMon (??) which has its own way of gathering this information also not really documented but probably by querying that process' data directly.

All three of those things (performance counters, task manager, procmon) are from Microsoft, so it might be best to ask them why their own stuff is inconsistent. For the purpose of Rainmeter, all that skin authors can do is report whatever the performance counters database is telling us. :confused:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
dudebaker

Re: Gadgets Additions 4.3.0

Post by dudebaker »

Updated the suite to v4.3.0, containing a bunch of fixes and a new skin to run console-commands.
Thanks to Moradius for the Webparser Headers in your Stocks-Skins which I'm using now in my skins too!

PS:
Yes I'm still alive :lol: and thanks to SilverAzide for maintaining the question in this thread :great:
usaradark

Re: Gadgets Additions 4.3.1

Post by usaradark »

For some reason Gallery, when scaled or width adjusted, doesn't allow me to move it towards the lower portion of my desktop. I am using the latest 4.3.1. Any idea what could be going on?
dudebaker

Post by dudebaker »

I've tested this and the reason is the gap which is between each skin.
On this dynamic-sized skin the gap increases a little too much if the aspect ratio of the image is a specific size.

To show you the gap, I've changed it for this screenshots to red instead of transparent:
big border.PNG
With a small fix it will be this size:
small border.PNG
I'm adding this fix to the next release.

For the meantime, you would only have to change the last rows of the skin:
1. Right click the Gallery skin and click "Skin file"
2. Then go to the bottom of the opened file and remove the complete block "[MeterOpenScaleFix]"
3. Save the file and restart Rainmeter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elenkhos

Post by Elenkhos »

Thanks for these awesome skins!

One question about the RSS Reader. I would like to show three lines of feed item title, but I've been unsuccessful modifying the code. I read the Rainmeter text wrapping docs and this should work but it still displays only one line of the title. Could someone help me to modify the code so that title height would be 1-3 lines according to the title length.

Code: Select all

[StyleEntryTitle]
FontSize=9
StringStyle=Bold
FontColor=#FontColorName5Default#
ClipString=2
W=(#Width# - 22)
ClipStringH=48
PS. I know that it's possible to set the H=48 and get three lines of title but it displays large cap if there is only one line of text so the height should be adjusted dynamically with ClipStringH.
dudebaker

Post by dudebaker »

The best thing you can do:

[StyleEntryTitle]
FontSize=9
StringStyle=Bold
ClipString=2
W=(#Width# - 22)
H=
ClipStringH=48
It's not enough to only remove the H positioning.
You have to "reset" it with "H=" since it already gets a value of 14 from [StyleName] and is only overridden by the [StyleEntryTitle] with 16.

Additionally you have to set the Entry-Height via the Settings from 89 to 121 (= 89 + 32 which you added to show three title-rows).
In this way each entry has a total height of 121 and the next entry doesn't overlap the previous one.

Sadly I didn't make the complete skin as dynamic in resizing as it is needed in this case.
Elenkhos

Post by Elenkhos »

dudebaker wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 2:37 pm The best thing you can do:

[StyleEntryTitle]
FontSize=9
StringStyle=Bold
ClipString=2
W=(#Width# - 22)
H=
ClipStringH=48
It's not enough to only remove the H positioning.
You have to "reset" it with "H=" since it already gets a value of 14 from [StyleName] and is only overridden by the [StyleEntryTitle] with 16.

Additionally you have to set the Entry-Height via the Settings from 89 to 121 (= 89 + 32 which you added to show three title-rows).
In this way each entry has a total height of 121 and the next entry doesn't overlap the previous one.

Sadly I didn't make the complete skin as dynamic in resizing as it is needed in this case.
Well, that was easy :D Thanks a lot for you fast reply. It seems to be working exactly like I wanted!

The feed I'm using has quite a long titles and one line would display only about a third of the title and leave unclear what the item was about so dynamically showing maximum of three lines makes the reader much more usable.
dudebaker

Re: Gadgets Additions 4.4.0

Post by dudebaker »

Updated the suite to v4.4.0.
Most important: Finally I'm using the new implementation of HWiNFO in my skin too... :Whistle
Other changes, see OP.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Thanks for the updates! :thumbup:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
shoek

Post by shoek »

Any chance we will see an update that will allow SilverAzide's Gadgets Modernizer patch to work with Gadgets Additions?

Thanks!