It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:38 pm

How to Create A launcher

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ShadowDragon

How to Create A launcher

Post by ShadowDragon »

Hello all, me again (hopefully for final help)

For this, I need some coding help, because I got no clue how to build it at all.
SettingsLauncher.png
In the image above, I made a quick look how I want to build this SettingsLauncher.
There are a few ways I got in Mind, but not exacly if it will work.

the Same with my Main Menu, I had troubles with ON and OFF correctly, thanks to balala, this was nicely fixed
through measures with True and False conditions.

The base of this, also made by images to set those.
I think, Most parts to set this up can be the same as Measure and Meter, so what is the problem?

While I might be able to use both, the biggest problem in this issue is, HOW can I read the variables in AquaSettings.inc
file, so when you click on App1 Name, you can set the name, and it's saved in the .inc file.
as well for setting the APP location [C:\PATH HERE] and that is saved so you can use it.

some of the true and false, is the check box, when checked, the meter will be hidden, when uncheck, it will show.
but also, you cannot hid app1 if 5 is showed, so hidden should start from 5, than 4, than 3, else you cannot hide it.

I see some of those launchers to set the app through it, so you dont have to open it up in Notepad++ or other program, but through
the skin to set those for easier use.

I hope someone can so 2 tabs, 2 settings, so I can fill out the rest with all 5 settings and all 8 subs menu.
now there is also a WWW buton, this is part of a drop menu (not build yet), but how can I make that, so
you can set NAME, and Link of website to open. for Example:

Name = Rainmeter
Site = https://www.rainmeter.net

so when you click on Rainmeter, it will open the website on rainmeter.net
because there is nothing found on how to build a launcher like this, nor do I know if this require a plugin,
or lua scripting, if it require lua in order to get it to work, who is able to help with the lua scripting? because
I got 0 knowledge of lua scripting, so I hope to avoid this part.

thank you for the time, and I hope you are able to help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to Create A launcher

Post by balala »

ShadowDragon wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 6:14 pm While I might be able to use both, the biggest problem in this issue is, HOW can I read the variables in AquaSettings.inc
file, so when you click on App1 Name, you can set the name, and it's saved in the .inc file.
as well for setting the APP location [C:\PATH HERE] and that is saved so you can use it.
The first thing which you should help us with to can help you, is to share the code of the skin. Or probably even better to pack the config you have so far and upload the package. Just so theoretically it's extremely hard to help you.
ShadowDragon wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 6:14 pm I hope someone can so 2 tabs, 2 settings, so I can fill out the rest with all 5 settings and all 8 subs menu.
now there is also a WWW buton, this is part of a drop menu (not build yet), but how can I make that, so
you can set NAME, and Link of website to open. for Example:

Name = Rainmeter
Site = https://www.rainmeter.net

so when you click on Rainmeter, it will open the website on rainmeter.net
Something similar is implemented in the Launcher skin (Mirage\Launcher\Launcher.ini) of my Mirage suite. Try it out to see if you need something like what I have there.
ShadowDragon

Post by ShadowDragon »

I dont know if the name need to be called config.inc or how the y made it, while I dont have the skin,
this is a quick setup, but some has 3 tabs, and 3 inc files, so I asume I need 9 in total, each sub, to each .inc file
in order to set that up.

but I going to try you skin and launcher and see if I can figure it out, and build around that when possible how
it's done exacly, but this wont be an easy part, but it will be extremely userfriendly.

will update when I got trouble figuring out the launcher or how to set it up nicely.

EDIT:
it definitely complicated, but I love the bubble effect going up (which I need to figure out later too) but smaller ones
like that going up, which is nice =)

but also a bunch of codes that I don't know either, but I also something that I might need unless through images,
is the plugin=ConfigActive(.dll) if done pure by text. (nicely done though) it going to take some time to figure this
one out how it's done exactly.

but if you saw the menu in working latest one on the preview, I can send you the skin as it currently is., while I need to
figure out how you done it, but I might need 9 inc files, 1 for L1, 1 for L2 etc through all, unless it can be done in 1 inc file?

but I most code is complicated, so I need check everywhere to understand the launcher you made though.

can update when I got time tomorrow if nothing get interupted to make a start if im able, meters are handled differently
because it needs text box you can type in, as well for the path. but I can make a visiblty to for it's position because the
the X and Y stays for the meter if it needs to changes to a plugin or otherwise.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ShadowDragon wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 9:25 pm I dont know if the name need to be called config.inc or how the y made it, while I dont have the skin,
this is a quick setup, but some has 3 tabs, and 3 inc files, so I asume I need 9 in total, each sub, to each .inc file
in order to set that up.
Sorry, but I can't follow you. It's not your skin? What do you mean by "I dont have the skin"? Your initial request is related to one of your skins, isn't it?
ShadowDragon wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 9:25 pm but if you saw the menu in working latest one on the preview, I can send you the skin as it currently is., while I need to
figure out how you done it, but I might need 9 inc files, 1 for L1, 1 for L2 etc through all, unless it can be done in 1 inc file?
Don't send it to me, upload it here instead, please.
ShadowDragon

Post by ShadowDragon »

The current State of the menu working, while there is no config.inc or launcher added,
I still figure out how you did it, I dont mind to make a basic version to add images later.

as for TERMS OF USE for anyone downloading it (ONLY DOWNLOAD WHEN YOU WANT TO HELP)
while this isn't a public release, and still learning alot.

but this seems to be pretty much stable so far on my end without any glitching.
I just need a start on how to proceed to add all buttons nicely, not completely.

creating a launcher is probably to most complicated part of a creating a skin?
Aqua_1.0.0.0.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ShadowDragon wrote: February 24th, 2021, 5:30 pm The current State of the menu working, while there is no config.inc or launcher added,
I still figure out how you did it, I dont mind to make a basic version to add images later.
And is there a settings skin? Which one, because I can't realize this?
Additionaly note the Aquarium\AquaUserProfile\AquaUserProfile.ini can't even be loaded. Well, more precisely it can be loaded, but there is nothing shown on the screen. There is an Image and a Button meter in the code ([MeterTag] and [MeterButton]), each of them using non-existent images (#@#\AquaUserProfile\FishTag.png respectivelly #@#\AquaUserProfile\FishButton.png). These images are not added into the @Resources folder. The appropriate error messages are shown in log.
ShadowDragon wrote: February 24th, 2021, 5:30 pm creating a launcher is probably to most complicated part of a creating a skin?
Disagree, it's not, at least in my opinion.
ShadowDragon

Post by ShadowDragon »

AquaProfile works, but the images are being made, I used plain fixed solid color for those, so those are not
relevant at this point.

the main point is AquaMenuSettings.inc that I want to use to set up APPS, and the www later for the dropmenu.

I need a starting point on how to build that.
as the AquaProfile uses 1 button, 1 tag being made suitable for this skin theme.

I want to build each bit that I want into this skin to be suiteable,

first is the menu -> launcher to add Name and Command to be readed to save inside the AquaMenuSettings
so it's easier to fill in, and how many bubbles are activated.

the first bit is on true or false which can be relative easy, but there is no tutorial to create a launcher
to set up those apps userfriendly. like most have (if they include it) without opening the ini or the inc file
(if they have the knowldge to set this up).

when I got some parts ready, I can share the menu, the tag, background to be used and 3 other things before
I want to make it public.
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

Launchers is pretty easy to make, just need to write correct conditions.
I can't understand what do you want. To make user-friendly interface without having to type a paths in config file and do it through skin interface? It could be reached through UserInput plugin, enough easily. If yes - i can give you a code examples. If problem is the to having 2 types in 1 meter (for name and for link), you can use Right and Left mouse actions for different types at 1 meter.
Image * Image * Image * Image
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

In this guide you can learn how to change things on a flight trough userinput. It could be used to set any things in your skin, even application-name-variables. :)
Image * Image * Image * Image
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ShadowDragon wrote: February 24th, 2021, 9:34 pm first is the menu -> launcher to add Name and Command to be readed to save inside the AquaMenuSettings
so it's easier to fill in, and how many bubbles are activated.
To add files (or even folders) to open with the launcher, I'd use Setsukka's exceptional FileChoose plugin. Using it you don't have to manually type (or copy - paste) the paths of files / folders. If you want to give it a try and don't know how to do, let me know for assistence.
deflore08 wrote: February 24th, 2021, 9:37 pm It could be reached through UserInput plugin, enough easily.
I suppose you were talking about the InputText plugin. Because at least as far as I can tell, there is no such a plugin as UserInput.