It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:51 am

Does anybody know of a skin that looks like this?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Roger

Does anybody know of a skin that looks like this?

Post by Roger »

On my old Windows 7 PC, I had a Rainmeter skin calendar that I installed a long time ago. I tried to attach a picture of it below.
Now I am trying to get the same Rainmeter skin calendar on my new Windows 10 PC, but I can’t find any calendar in the DeviantArt Time/Date collection that looks like this. Does anybody recognize it and can point me to the skin that will do this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
2021 02 20 Old Rainmeter Calendar.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Does anybody know of a skin that looks like this?

Post by balala »

Roger wrote: February 20th, 2021, 8:45 pm On my old Windows 7 PC, I had a Rainmeter skin calendar that I installed a long time ago. I tried to attach a picture of it below.
Now I am trying to get the same Rainmeter skin calendar on my new Windows 10 PC, but I can’t find any calendar in the DeviantArt Time/Date collection that looks like this. Does anybody recognize it and can point me to the skin that will do this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
The Calendar skin of my Mirage suite has been written based on this skin. Feel free to use it. Recomment v 1.2, however the new version 1.3 is ready, but has not been launched so far. Still testing it (takes too much, due to lack of time).
Related to my Calendar, you can add events to any day (by a left-click) and you can set these events to be shown once or every year (checking the Each year option on the event editor, which opens when you click a day). Holidays also can be added, by right-click to the appropriate day. Also can scroll your mouse to go forward / back to the next / previous month.
If you decide to try it out, please let me know your opinion about it.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Roger wrote: February 20th, 2021, 8:45 pm On my old Windows 7 PC, I had a Rainmeter skin calendar that I installed a long time ago. I tried to attach a picture of it below.
I think the skin you are looking for is Vista Rainbar by poiru. There is a calendar skin in the suite that replicates the appearance of the original Vista Sidebar calendar. This is a very old suite and may have issues. The weather skin is broken for sure, maybe others, but the calendar ought to work well enough. If you search DA for "Vista Rainbar", you should find a number of clones.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thanks SilverAzide for your suggestion. I know this is a dumb question, but I haven't used Rainmeter so long that I don't remember the answer. I downloaded and installed Vista Rainbar by Poiru. All the various options are displayed, but I can't get any of them to actually show up on the desktop. I'm sure this is more of a Rainmeter question, but what do I have to do to actually make an installed skin show up on my desktop?
Thanks for your help with this basic question. **Found the answer by accident. Clicking on the .ini file makes the skin appear.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Roger wrote: February 21st, 2021, 10:14 pm **Found the answer by accident. Clicking on the .ini file makes the skin appear.
Clicking on a .ini file definitely doesn't make the skin to be shown. This is one of the many procedures available to load a skin: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/getting-started/using-rainmeter/#LoadingUnloading