It is currently April 20th, 2024, 4:28 am

Restarted PC and now Player isn't working?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Restarted PC and now Player isn't working?

Post by balala »

iiFlux wrote:Ok - I tried your minimal player with MusicBee. It didn't work.
I can try reinstalling a final time (done once already and nothing happened) - should I use 4.0 or 3.3.2?
For sure the latest would be the best, but before you reinstall, I attach the v1.1.5.0 of the NowPlaying plugin. Try to copy it in the c:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins\ folder, overwriting the existing file. I'm thinking that maybe your NowPlaying.dll is corrupted somehow (although I can't imagine what could happen to it, if it is), otherwise if everything is ok, I can't see what's not working.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iiFlux

Post by iiFlux »

balala wrote:For sure the latest would be the best, but before you reinstall, I attach the v1.1.5.0 of the NowPlaying plugin. Try to copy it in the c:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins\ folder, overwriting the existing file. I'm thinking that maybe your NowPlaying.dll is corrupted somehow (although I can't imagine what could happen to it, if it is), otherwise if everything is ok, I can't see what's not working.
Don't know what happened o_O I dragged it in and that all worked - now my Player.ini displays exactly the same thing as Player (Spotify).ini.. ????
I checked the contents of Player.ini and it's the same as it was before, but now instead of displaying "N/A" it displays "0"
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

iiFlux wrote:Don't know what happened o_O I dragged it in and that all worked - now my Player.ini displays exactly the same thing as Player (Spotify).ini.. ????
I checked the contents of Player.ini and it's the same as it was before, but now instead of displaying "N/A" it displays "0"
Sorry, I have no more ideas. Maybe just a reinstall, but I'm not sure at all it'll help.
O.O :confused: O.O
vmalagimani

Post by vmalagimani »

hello i was also facing same problem but it was in respect with with Spotify Player and it's corresponding skin.

I am also using Origami Skin.

I simply updated my Rainmeter to latest 'Final' version and refreshed the skin. It is working now.

Before update Log List
Screenshot (51).png
Now after updating Rainmeter, my Log List shows this
Screenshot (53).png
None of my Players are showing 'Song Cover Image', no changes in 'Icons of Play/Pause button while pressing it',
also a small numerical value and up n down arrows are not working.
Screenshot (54).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vmalagimani wrote: February 20th, 2021, 12:22 pm I simply updated my Rainmeter to latest 'Final' version and refreshed the skin. It is working now.
vmalagimani wrote: February 20th, 2021, 12:22 pm None of my Players are showing 'Song Cover Image', no changes in 'Icons of Play/Pause button while pressing it',
also a small numerical value and up n down arrows are not working.
Sorry but your above two sentences are not matching each other. Now the skin does or doesn't work?
Additionaly note that Spotify is a partially supported player (Partially supported players list here) and as such the measures are returning only the Artist and the Track title and only the Play, PlayPause, Stop, Next, and Previous operations can be executed (unless the Origami Skin - which me personally don't know - uses a plugin, instead of NowPlaying measures).