It is currently April 16th, 2024, 12:23 pm

rainmeter - taskbar that will reserve place on window

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
kkmks

rainmeter - taskbar that will reserve place on window

Post by kkmks »

Hi there, i have 3 monitors and on 1 i have pivot . On pivot monitor i want to create something like horizontal bar.
Till now everything is ok with skin.
The problem is that when i want to maximize window on given screen, my taskbar is hidden by window ;/
Is there option to reserve place on window like windows taskbar ?
showing my skin over maximized windows is not what i need to work.

Can smone tell me if its possible to set in rainmeter ?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: rainmeter - taskbar that will reserve place on window

Post by balala »

kkmks wrote: February 15th, 2021, 5:56 pm Can smone tell me if its possible to set in rainmeter ?
Actually it is. You have to add a DesktopWorkArea=0,0,1000,500 (for instance, but obviously you have to add the proper numeric values) option to the [Rainmeter] section of the Rainmeter.ini settings file. Don1t forget to either restart Rainmeter, or at least to refresh all.
However make sure you are knowing very well what are you doing. The option can give you headache if it's not used properly (me personally never used it). You can set the area on the appropriate screen, adding a @N parameter to the DesktopWorkArea option name. For instance with DesktopWorkArea@2 you can set the work area on the second monitor.
kkmks

Post by kkmks »

thx, now im using desktopcoral, but its another things to configure, will try this option.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

kkmks wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:58 pm now im using desktopcoral, but its another things to configure, will try this option.
Try it out if you want, but take care. This is a relatively tricky option. As said, me personally never used it, I just know it does exist.
However I have no idea what desktopcoral is. Probably a skin out there?
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

Hoooly sh.. I even didn't know about this feature. Great, thank you. :)
Image * Image * Image * Image