It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:00 am

Greeting from Virginia

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Greeting from Virginia

Post by balala »

JoeyStyles wrote: February 9th, 2021, 10:02 am Hi, my name is Joey. I'm glad to be the part of this forum and hope to find here useful information about Windows X desktop tools.
Hello Joey and welcome.
Don't exactly know what Windows X is, but unless it's a Rainmeter skin, you won't get help here, because this forum is related to Rainmeter and different skins.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: February 9th, 2021, 12:34 pm Hello Joey and welcome.
Don't exactly know what Windows X is, but unless it's a Rainmeter skin, you won't get help here, because this forum is related to Rainmeter and different skins.
I assume he means Windows 10...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: February 9th, 2021, 12:37 pm I assume he means Windows 10...
Windows 10? Might be, but in such a case this probably is not the right forum.
Lieuallen

Post by Lieuallen »

I think there's a new version of Windows coming out (simplified and cut-down) that's going to be called Windows X. Because Microsoft would never do anything confusing! :uhuh:
Always sure, sometimes right.
Sam12345

Post by Sam12345 »

balala wrote: February 9th, 2021, 12:34 pm Don't exactly know what Windows X is
jsmorley wrote: February 9th, 2021, 12:37 pm I assume he means Windows 10...
There is a new version of Windows coming out called Windows 10 x or Windows X that is to compete with Chrome OS (and I guess to enter the 2 in 1 market properly) (https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10x ).
Its coming in Spring, but only for education sectors (not on customer PC's until 2022)
According to Windows Central
"Windows 10X does not support legacy Win32 applications at launch. Windows 10X PCs in 2021 will be able to run Microsoft Edge, UWP, and web apps. Legacy Win32 application support will arrive at a later date, however. When it does, Win32 applications will run in a secure container by default, meaning those legacy applications cannot affect system performance and battery life when closed"
I guess this would mean that Rainmeter wouldn't work on Windows 10X, definitely not when it is released and maybe not later (Rainmeter might not be able to run in the background to keep skins running)
Insert inspirational quote here
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sam12345 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 6:19 pm There is a new version of Windows coming out called Windows 10 x or Windows X that is to compete with Chrome OS (and I guess to enter the 2 in 1 market properly) (https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10x ).
Its coming in Spring, but only for education sectors (not on customer PC's until 2022)
According to Windows Central
I guess this would mean that Rainmeter wouldn't work on Windows 10X, definitely not when it is released and maybe not later (Rainmeter might not be able to run in the background to keep skins running)
Yep, in meantime I read about it. But on the first hald of February didn't yet know...
Sam12345

Post by Sam12345 »

balala wrote: March 14th, 2021, 7:33 pm But on the first hald of February didn't yet know...
Oh, I didn't realise this was in February - I somehow found myself on the introductory page and this was near the top :D
Insert inspirational quote here
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sam12345 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 10:19 pm Oh, I didn't realise this was in February - I somehow found myself on the introductory page and this was near the top :D
:great: