It is currently February 25th, 2021, 10:20 pm

FileChoose [Ver.1.2.0.1]

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Setsukka

Re: FileChoose [Ver.1.1.0]

Post by Setsukka »

balala wrote: January 31st, 2021, 9:29 pm Now that I played a little bit with the plugin, my question is if I set the UseNewStyle=1 option, how do I set the starting folder?
With the option FileInitialDirectory.
This option is designed for file and folder. The only problem is that when UseNewStyle=0, it dont work on folder.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: FileChoose [Ver.1.1.0]

Post by balala »

Setsukka wrote: February 1st, 2021, 1:54 am With the option FileInitialDirectory.
This option is designed for file and folder. The only problem is that when UseNewStyle=0, it dont work on folder.
Doesn't work for me, but this is not a big problem from my point of view. Thank you once again for the great work and many congratulations for this plugin. It's great.
ervans589

Re: FileChoose [Ver.1.2.0.1]

Post by ervans589 »

Hello there! I've been using your plugin for my skins and it's been great so far! I have one little problem though. Long story short, I have a desktop skin in which the user can change a (profile) picture to one of his choice. Then, from a separate "Settings" menu they can do that using your plugin. In the Settings window, I have included an icon of the current picture. The problem is, if the image is bigger than 1000px, skin animations become really laggy and sometimes Rainmeter crashes. Is there any solution to that?
The plugin part of the code:

Code: Select all

[MeasureChoose]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileChoose
UseNewType=0
GetTarget=1
CopyLink=1
AllowNonstorageFolder=1
LinkCache=#@#Cache\LinkCache\
GetIcon=1
IconCache=#@#Cache\IconCache\
IconSize=3
ReturnValue=WholePath
Command1=[!WriteKeyValue Variables UserImagePath "$Path$" "#@#Variables.inc"]#Refresh#
Setsukka

Post by Setsukka »

ervans589 wrote: February 5th, 2021, 3:16 pm Hello there! I've been using your plugin for my skins and it's been great so far! I have one little problem though. Long story short, I have a desktop skin in which the user can change a (profile) picture to one of his choice. Then, from a separate "Settings" menu they can do that using your plugin. In the Settings window, I have included an icon of the current picture. The problem is, if the image is bigger than 1000px, skin animations become really laggy and sometimes Rainmeter crashes. Is there any solution to that?
The plugin part of the code:

Code: Select all

[MeasureChoose]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileChoose
UseNewType=0
GetTarget=1
CopyLink=1
AllowNonstorageFolder=1
LinkCache=#@#Cache\LinkCache\
GetIcon=1
IconCache=#@#Cache\IconCache\
IconSize=3
ReturnValue=WholePath
Command1=[!WriteKeyValue Variables UserImagePath "$Path$" "#@#Variables.inc"]#Refresh#
Hello, I'm sorry for probably not getting what you mean. When you choose a image, the path of the image itself is returned, instead of the thumbnail icon. So when you choose a image that's bigger than 1000px, you are surely using the big image itself.
And I think it not a good idea to use a very large image to make an animation because it can surely be very laggy.
I'm not sure if the crash is due to my plugin and I will check it once more.
By the way, when writing a skin that owns a complicated apperance and a lot of advanced functions, I'd like to separate it into 2 ".ini" files. One holds the apperance, and the other holds the functions without any visible meter. Use OnRefreshAction and OnCloseAction to keep these skins loaded and unloaded at the same time. This way, the laggy can be eased or solved.
ervans589

Post by ervans589 »

Thank you for your reply,
Probably I didn't explain it correctly.

I will check your solutions as you explained and try to find a solution.
Thanks, Evans