It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:39 am

Multiple clock display?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
flyyboyy

Multiple clock display?

Post by flyyboyy »

Hello to all, new forum member

I'm looking for a way to place a digital clock (or two) on my desktop. I need either one clock that can display two time zones (UTC and local), or else two identical digital clocks. I've looked through the ones available in Rainmeter and found a few that could work - nothing artsy, just something that can be easily read across the room on a 4K monitor - but need to know if it's possible to place two of them simultaneously.

Win 10 widgets may work but unable to determine if two separate clocks can be displayed.

Thanks!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Multiple clock display?

Post by SilverAzide »

flyyboyy wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 5:11 pm Hello to all, new forum member

I'm looking for a way to place a digital clock (or two) on my desktop. I need either one clock that can display two time zones (UTC and local), or else two identical digital clocks. I've looked through the ones available in Rainmeter and found a few that could work - nothing artsy, just something that can be easily read across the room on a 4K monitor - but need to know if it's possible to place two of them simultaneously.

Win 10 widgets may work but unable to determine if two separate clocks can be displayed.

Thanks!
You mean something like this...?

You can always create multiple copies of any skin. It requires some manual intervention on your part, but if you have a clock you like that supports time zones, then you can create a duplicate copy of the skin folders (as many as you want). Let us know if you need more detailed instructions.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
flyyboyy

Post by flyyboyy »

Yes, that's the general idea. How much "manual intervention" will be required? And, where do I look for direction for said manual intervention. Again, total noob with RM, but willing to learn. . .

Thanx
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

flyyboyy wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:43 pm Yes, that's the general idea. How much "manual intervention" will be required? And, where do I look for direction for said manual intervention. Again, total noob with RM, but willing to learn. . .

Thanx
Not much, the time skins for a digital clock are not that hard. That is what I started on when first trying my own skin. https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/time/ Read that, find a digital clock you like https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewforum.php?f=133
and then started editing and playing.

Come back for help when you have skin you are stuck on.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

flyyboyy wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 2:43 pm Yes, that's the general idea. How much "manual intervention" will be required? And, where do I look for direction for said manual intervention. Again, total noob with RM, but willing to learn. . .

Thanx
OK, it is pretty simple. First, find a clock skin you like, which also supports time zones. Install it and get it set up just the way you like.

Next, open file explorer and navigate to your C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins folder. There you will see folders containing all the skins you have installed ("illustro", etc.). Let's assume your clock skin folder is named "MyClock".

Create a new folder (in the "Skins" folder) with a different name, like "MyClock (GMT)". You can create as many folders as you need, giving each a unique name (I recommend tacking on the time zone name since that is what you are trying to track).

Navigate to the "MyClock" folder (the original skin) and select all the files/folders in this folder and copy to the clipboard. Navigate to the "MyClock (GMT)" folder and paste all the files. Do this for every new folder you created.

From the Rainmeter icon in the taskbar, right-click and select "Refresh all". Now you can select and display every clock you created, and they will all be independent. You can set each one to the time zone corresponding to the folder you created and you should be good to go.

P.S.: Since you are wanting to put this skin on a 4K monitor and see it from across the room, you'll probably want to find a skin that is resizable or scalable. Not all skins are written to be resizable.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
xenium

Post by xenium »

flyyboyy wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 5:11 pm Hello to all, new forum member

Thanks!
Try https://www.deviantart.com/xxenium/art/Windows-10-CLOCK-795292189
In the comments you will find step-by-step instructions on how to have clocks with different time zones (including weather)