It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:51 pm

Brightness Skins not working

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Morsmodre

Re: Brightness Skins not working

Post by Morsmodre »

Yes, it's very resource intensive. It uses around 40% CPU, 60 MB RAM for me, with all skins loaded. Definitely needs to be optimized.
Ok, soon I'm gonna release and upload the next version, in which I get rid of NirCmd
Would look forward to it :)

I think one reason for low users is that, Suite's deviantart page doesn't have a screenshot showing skins in use, as thumbnail. People won't use it, if they don't easily get to know what it is. I would recommend you to make the title more explicit: Ex, 'Mirage Suite for Rainmeter', and include a preview image as thumbnail.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Harshsrcc wrote: December 28th, 2020, 6:44 pm Yes, it's very resource intensive. It uses around 40% CPU, 60 MB RAM for me, with all skins loaded. Definitely needs to be optimized.
Doubt would be useful to use all skins. I never do.
Harshsrcc wrote: December 28th, 2020, 6:44 pm I think one reason for low users is that, Suite's deviantart page doesn't have a screenshot showing skins in use, as thumbnail. People won't use it, if they don't easily get to know what it is. I would recommend you to make the title more explicit: Ex, 'Mirage Suite for Rainmeter', and include a preview image as thumbnail.
Thought to this, but the suite having around 36 skins, couldn't decide which one is more important, so which one to include into a screenshot. But will take into account your recommendations. Thank you.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: December 28th, 2020, 7:41 pmThought to this, but the suite having around 36 skins, couldn't decide which one is more important, so which one to include into a screenshot. But will take into account your recommendations. Thank you.
Not sure if DeviantArt allows this (though I certainly saw some signs of it, but didn't take a closer look), but you can try posting a GIF as your preview, instead of a static JPG. If that's possible, it would solve showing most, if not all of your skins, depending on how many frames you add to the GIF. Maybe you can make some little animation as well, just for fun.

If the above isn't possible, another variant would be to crop images with all your 36 skins, add them all to a new, big enough image to contain them all (in a tile system), then resize that big image to a reasonable resolution that is accepted or comfortable to visualize without much delay on DeviantArt.

Yet another solution (that can be combined with the 2nd variant above) is to move some less important or fancy skins in the background of the image (i.e. "behind" others more important), but in a way that a relevant part of them is still visible. Something like the way one stacks (I don't know if it's the right word) the windows in ... well ... Windows, one in front of the other.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 12:05 am Not sure if DeviantArt allows this (though I certainly saw some signs of it, but didn't take a closer look), but you can try posting a GIF as your preview, instead of a static JPG. If that's possible, it would solve showing most, if not all of your skins, depending on how many frames you add to the GIF. Maybe you can make some little animation as well, just for fun.

If the above isn't possible, another variant would be to crop images with all your 36 skins, add them all to a new, big enough image to contain them all (in a tile system), then resize that big image to a reasonable resolution that is accepted or comfortable to visualize without much delay on DeviantArt.

Yet another solution (that can be combined with the 2nd variant above) is to move some less important or fancy skins in the background of the image (i.e. "behind" others more important), but in a way that a relevant part of them is still visible. Something like the way one stacks (I don't know if it's the right word) the windows in ... well ... Windows, one in front of the other.
Ok, for the next release I'm gonna do this. Thanks.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 6:31 am Ok, for the next release I'm gonna do this. Thanks.
No problem. Just last night I noticed that you can, in fact, attach GIFs as the preview. Not sure of the size, frames or other variables though.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 11:46 am No problem. Just last night I noticed that you can, in fact, attach GIFs as the preview. Not sure of the size, frames or other variables though.
Ok, thanks, I'm gonna try it.