It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:23 am

Any way to have a button that rotates a specific screen/monitor when clicked?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ikarus1969

Re: Any way to have a button that rotates a specific screen/monitor when clicked?

Post by ikarus1969 »

imkrut wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:54 pm Not sure if it's "ok" to share the stuff you helped me make (both auxiliary apps/addons I'm using don't seem to have anything against it in their license) but if so, what's the best way to share them?

Thank you again. :welcome:
I think a good place is this forum itself; there's a dedicated place for it, the "Share your creations" subforum:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewforum.php?f=27
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Any way to have a button that rotates a specific screen/monitor when clicked?

Post by balala »

imkrut wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:54 pm Specifically I mean, in cases where I don't need a "mouse over" or "pressed", If it's possible to just use the first frame only.
Yep, it definitely is, just in such a case you have to replace the Button meter with an Image meter. Also have to cut out the first frame (or the desired one) and use it into the ImageName option of the Image meter. Let me (us) know if you need help with this.
imkrut wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:54 pm Alternatively, is it possible to have more frames for each state ? (say a looping animation for the "Static" image) or an animation for the "pressed".
Again yes, it is. And since we have the ActionTimer plugin included into Rainmeter it's not even needed anymore to use a low Update value in the [Rainmeter] section (which before introducing this plugin was extremely needed).
If you don't know how to do it, first question is if you have the frames you'd like to use for the animation?
imkrut wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:54 pm I'll further look into the link you provided before bothering you with more specific questions if needed.
Feel free anytime to come back with the arising questions, if there is any.
imkrut wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:54 pm Not sure if it's "ok" to share the stuff you helped me make (both auxiliary apps/addons I'm using don't seem to have anything against it in their license) but if so, what's the best way to share them?
Yep, it's definitely ok. Rainmeter and the skins being in most (all?) cases free stuffs, so you can freelly share them and usually you don't even have to ask permission for this, excepting the cases when you are using some "not free" (or "protected") addons (images, whatever). If you checked the display64.exe and it indeed can be freelly used, I don't see any impediment to use and distribute it with your skin (just make absolutely sure the tool is indeed free).
About the sharing, beside what CodeCode wrote, note that the best way is to create a skin installer when the work is completed and share it over the appropriate section of the Share Your Creations section of this forum and / or, as indicated by CodeCode, over DeviantArt.com.
imkrut

Post by imkrut »

Cool, thanks again for all your help, friend.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

imkrut wrote: January 14th, 2021, 6:35 pm Cool, thanks again for all your help, friend.
:thumbup: