It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:53 pm

Sphere or Hexagon visualizer

General topics related to Rainmeter.
antonio0421

Sphere or Hexagon visualizer

Post by antonio0421 »

Please let me know if a visualizer in a sphere or hexagon shape exist :great:
I searched from this forum, google and deviantart but found no result.
Last edited by antonio0421 on January 28th, 2021, 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Sphere or Hexagon visualizer

Post by balala »

antonio0421 wrote: January 10th, 2021, 8:56 am Please let me know if a visualizer in a sphere or hexagon shape exist :great:
eclectic-tech has a lot of visualizer skins uploaded (he is an expert of this kind of skins), probably most of them (all?) into the Sound, Music and Visualizers section of the share Your Creations. there might be some which more or less correspond to your needs, look for his uploads.
antonio0421

Post by antonio0421 »

balala wrote: January 10th, 2021, 3:12 pm eclectic-tech has a lot of visualizer skins uploaded (he is an expert of this kind of skins), probably most of them (all?) into the Sound, Music and Visualizers section of the share Your Creations. there might be some which more or less correspond to your needs, look for his uploads.
Still, no luck.
I'm finding visualizer like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOeY-nDp7hI
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

antonio0421 wrote: January 11th, 2021, 2:30 am I'm finding visualizer like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOeY-nDp7hI
Unfortunately I can't say which vizualizer is that one. Based on the title of the video, it should be something like Spectre, but I couldn't find a skin with this name. Sorry...
antonio0421

Post by antonio0421 »

balala wrote: January 11th, 2021, 3:24 pm Unfortunately I can't say which vizualizer is that one. Based on the title of the video, it should be something like Spectre, but I couldn't find a skin with this name. Sorry...
I fount a tutorial that they create a visualizer like this by using Adobe After Effect to add into music video.
Can I use After Effect to make this visualizer for Rainmeter skin instead of music video?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

antonio0421 wrote: January 12th, 2021, 4:27 am Can I use After Effect to make this visualizer for Rainmeter skin instead of music video?
With After Effect you can create an animation, but it definitely can't create (write) the code of the skin. It has to be written manually, there is no other way.
antonio0421

Post by antonio0421 »

balala wrote: January 12th, 2021, 7:59 am With After Effect you can create an animation, but it definitely can't create (write) the code of the skin. It has to be written manually, there is no other way.
This mean I can do right? right? :o

But what code can create image shape like this?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

antonio0421 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 9:34 am This mean I can do right? right? :o
Right, it definitely can be done, but knowledge is needed.
antonio0421 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 9:34 am But what code can create image shape like this?
As said previously, I suggest to go to the Sound, Music and Visualizers section of Share Your Creations and look for eclectic-tech's uploads. He has uploaded a lot of different visualizer skins, there should be one as what you need for. Use the Advanced Search tool to find all his uploads and browse them. If you don't exactly know how to do this, let us know, to assist you.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

antonio0421 wrote: January 10th, 2021, 8:56 am Please let me know if a visualizer in a sphere or hexagon shape exist :great:
You might take a look at VisBubble or check some of the visualizers here (some look closer to what you described).

To answer your queastions:
- yes, it can be done in various ways, not sure if such a visualizer exists already or just how similar it is to what you described
- Adobe After Effects was used there to place the visualizer overlay on the background in the video, but this is not the same with using the software to create the visualizer (which is a different entity)
- regarding the method one can use to create such a visualizer, it's basically about using the frequency numbers for each "band" (which look like fractional numbers, mostly) in some formulas on which you can base the creation of the desired shape on, e.g. use the LineStart and the LineLength options of a Roundline meter to specify the radius and the thickness of a circle arc that you'd use to create the circle, based on the values of each AudioLevel measure band/frequency interval (the examples at the bottom of the Roundline and AudioLevel pages can be used as a starting point for mixing the two)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
antonio0421

Post by antonio0421 »

balala wrote: January 13th, 2021, 3:50 pm Right, it definitely can be done, but knowledge is needed.

As said previously, I suggest to go to the Sound, Music and Visualizers section of Share Your Creations and look for eclectic-tech's uploads. He has uploaded a lot of different visualizer skins, there should be one as what you need for. Use the Advanced Search tool to find all his uploads and browse them. If you don't exactly know how to do this, let us know, to assist you.
Yeah, I've tried a dozen of them. They look good. :D
Yincognito wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 1:49 pm You might take a look at VisBubble or check some of the visualizers here (some look closer to what you described).

To answer your queastions:
- yes, it can be done in various ways, not sure if such a visualizer exists already or just how similar it is to what you described
- Adobe After Effects was used there to place the visualizer overlay on the background in the video, but this is not the same with using the software to create the visualizer (which is a different entity)
- regarding the method one can use to create such a visualizer, it's basically about using the frequency numbers for each "band" (which look like fractional numbers, mostly) in some formulas on which you can base the creation of the desired shape on, e.g. use the LineStart and the LineLength options of a Roundline meter to specify the radius and the thickness of a circle arc that you'd use to create the circle, based on the values of each AudioLevel measure band/frequency interval (the examples at the bottom of the Roundline and AudioLevel pages can be used as a starting point for mixing the two)
VisBubble and others Visualizer are consumed a lot of my potato laptop's CPU usage.
By the way, I've found some visualizer suit me. :thumbup: