It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 7:03 pm

Overlaying Image meter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yunji Lee

Overlaying Image meter

Post by Yunji Lee »

Hi, I've never used this program before and new to all this.
I didn't made my background all themed with certain skins like many of you guys, but I've displayed some images on my background.
What I'm trying to do is:

1. making one image meter go all behind. so the file icons like trash bin could go on top of it. (it's exactly like background wallpaper except it's not and it is movable)

2. giving overlay orders to all those images so they don't hide each other everytime I click it.

these two things are what's been bothering me. can you please help?

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Image
ImageName=imagename.png
W=1200
this is the code of one of the images I've displayed. it's very simple since I don't understand most of those function.
Last edited by balala on December 31st, 2020, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags, not <Snippet>, whenever are posting code snippets. It's the </> button.
CyberTheWorm

Re: Overlaying Image meter

Post by CyberTheWorm »

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yunji Lee wrote: December 31st, 2020, 8:52 am 1. making one image meter go all behind. so the file icons like trash bin could go on top of it. (it's exactly like background wallpaper except it's not and it is movable)
Unfortunately this is not possible. You can't move the skins behind desktop icons.
Yunji Lee wrote: December 31st, 2020, 8:52 am 2. giving overlay orders to all those images so they don't hide each other everytime I click it.
In any case, one meter hides the other. Which hides which one depends, but one have to hide the other.
Yunji Lee wrote: December 31st, 2020, 8:52 am this is the code of one of the images I've displayed. it's very simple since I don't understand most of those function.
Related to the posted code, note that in case of such a simple code, which shows one single static image, doesn't worth to update the skin periodically, so I'd replace the Update=1000 option of the [Rainmeter] section with Update=-1, which means the skin is never updated, except the very first moment, when you are loading / refreshing the skin. If there is nothing chaning on the skin, why to update it?
Yunji Lee

Post by Yunji Lee »

balala wrote: December 31st, 2020, 6:46 pm Unfortunately this is not possible. You can't move the skins behind desktop icons.

In any case, one meter hides the other. Which hides which one depends, but one have to hide the other.

Related to the posted code, note that in case of such a simple code, which shows one single static image, doesn't worth to update the skin periodically, so I'd replace the Update=1000 option of the [Rainmeter] section with Update=-1, which means the skin is never updated, except the very first moment, when you are loading / refreshing the skin. If there is nothing chaning on the skin, why to update it?
Well, I've just copy and pasted the code without knowing what is what so there's this useless update code.
I figured out myself what is this for while making gif images to display, one image was too fast-changing, so I increased the number little higher. then gif speed became just right.

Also, there is a feature called "Location"? (I assume it's the original name. I'm using Korean translated version) which has 5 different level of layering orders. that's not as specific as I want and it has practically only 3 levels but, at least I've got one.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

click to view animation for [!Zpos] of +2, +1, 0, -1, -2. (sorry it is kind of big so loads slowly completely...)
positioning.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
Yunji Lee

Post by Yunji Lee »

CodeCode wrote: January 1st, 2021, 6:53 am click to view animation for [!Zpos] of +2, +1, 0, -1, -2. (sorry it is kind of big so loads slowly completely...)

positioning.gif
Oh yes, "Position". I see there are 5 different options about skin being overlayed and the others are for literal locations. and somehow 2 of the position options(Stay topmost and topmost) cannot be hidden underneath the internet screens and such, thus I have to only use 3 different options.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

yes.
this line in the rainmeter section will allow you to maintain your levels.
OnRefreshAction=[!Zpos -1]
the value following the !Zpos Bang can be any of the 5 mentioned above.

Also only the +2 stays topmost the +1 will go behind active windows or games.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yunji Lee wrote: December 31st, 2020, 11:51 pm Well, I've just copy and pasted the code without knowing what is what so there's this useless update code.
I figured out myself what is this for while making gif images to display, one image was too fast-changing, so I increased the number little higher. then gif speed became just right.
Did CodeCode's solution fix the issue?
Additionally note that even if Rainmeter can work with .gif images as well, it shows only the first frame of an animated gif and doesn't play the animation. So, "one image was too fast-changing," or "then gif speed became just right", don't make sense in this environment. Details here.
Yunji Lee wrote: December 31st, 2020, 11:51 pm Also, there is a feature called "Location"? (I assume it's the original name. I'm using Korean translated version) which has 5 different level of layering orders. that's not as specific as I want and it has practically only 3 levels but, at least I've got one.
Not sure what you mean by "Location"? You mean a translation of Rainmeter? If you do, you have a Korean translation, as you saw. Would you like to improve it?
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

I think the OP is referring to 'Position', in the context menu, not Location, since that has only really obscure references in rainmeter, possibly location of a file or image...

My kind of crappy gif shows it but only after the animation plays fully through 3 times to show the full context menu, and the 'Position' option.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: January 1st, 2021, 12:38 pm My kind of crappy gif shows it
I hope you are not saying that the animation of a gif is shown in a skin.