It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:31 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
VL4DST3R

Re: Gadgets 5.5.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by VL4DST3R »

SilverAzide wrote: December 20th, 2020, 10:13 pm You can, sure... perhaps I will notice something, but only if your Gadgets are stock. The problem is that this is probably entirely down to the configuration of HWiNFO and my machine is going to be completely different from yours, so I would not expect your settings to work for me at all. You can zip the entire Gadgets folder and post it here if you want.
While the addresses will most likely differ, i figured comparing the actual file size/contents could reveal what -if any- changes are between them.
I actually updated the gadgets to the latest 5.5.1 a few weeks ago hoping it would change something, but obviously it didn't.

Here's a db link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wv3i7f3bt5i9b5/Gadgets.rar?dl=0

If it makes any difference, i'm currently using HWiNFO64 v6.40-4330 and the latest rainmeter beta.

Also, can different (not sharing a common resource folder or similar) rainmeter skins influence one another? As i said, i do have the wisp "suite" of widgets enabled as well.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

VL4DST3R wrote: December 20th, 2020, 10:21 pm While the addresses will most likely differ, i figured comparing the actual file size/contents could reveal what -if any- changes are between them.
I actually updated the gadgets to the latest 5.5.1 a few weeks ago hoping it would change something, but obviously it didn't.

Here's a db link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wv3i7f3bt5i9b5/Gadgets.rar?dl=0

If it makes any difference, i'm currently using HWiNFO64 v6.40-4330 and the latest rainmeter beta.

Also, can different (not sharing a common resource folder or similar) rainmeter skins influence one another? As i said, i do have the wisp "suite" of widgets enabled as well.
Got it, thanks... Using Wisp should not have any effect on the Gadgets, as far as I know.

Anyway, your Gadgets are pretty much stock except for the bit you just tweaked in the CPU Meter. That is good... But are you aware that your HWiNFO configuration is incomplete? You've got a 12-core/24-thread CPU, but your HWiNFO config is only using the first 4 cores. You might want to verify that this is configured and working correctly, as the CPU Meter skin will not "see" HWiNFO if the temps are configured wrong. Your CPU settings look to be the same as the default set, which seems unlikely given your much newer mobo/CPU.
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

SilverAzide wrote: December 20th, 2020, 10:56 pm But are you aware that your HWiNFO configuration is incomplete? You've got a 12-core/24-thread CPU, but your HWiNFO config is only using the first 4 cores. You might want to verify that this is configured and working correctly, as the CPU Meter skin will not "see" HWiNFO if the temps are configured wrong. Your CPU settings look to be the same as the default set, which seems unlikely given your much newer mobo/CPU.
Oh wow, i had no idea, must have remained that way from my old CPU... and since AMD CPUs don't seem to offer per-core values like intel (sigh, i really miss that) [!] maybe that's why i haven't noticed it. But how come the actual usage graphs are correct? Regardless, ill fix it right away.

[!] Speaking of which... two questions:
1. Why is Core Temp needed in the first place? HWiNFO seems capable of reporting the same stuff (and obviously more) already, but if i close Core Temp, CPU temps go as well.

2. As i was checking HWiNFO to confirm that my CPU doesn't have per-core temps, i noticed it actually has more than one?

Assuming those are all valid, could they be used/displayed as well?
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

I actually tried to "weave" the 4 temp values i have and distribute them among the cores i have (redundant, i know, but i preffer that to the same number from top to bottom as it is currently) like this:

Code: Select all

; sensor ID and instance
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-SensorId=0xf0000400
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-SensorInstance=0x0
; entry IDs
; core 0 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core0Temp=0x1000000
; core 1 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core1Temp=0x1000003
; core 2 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core2Temp=0x1000008
; core 3 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core3Temp=0x1000009
; core 4 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core4Temp=0x1000000
; core 5 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core5Temp=0x1000003
; core 6 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core6Temp=0x1000008
; core 7 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core7Temp=0x1000009
; core 8 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core8Temp=0x1000000
; core 9 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core9Temp=0x1000003
; core 10 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core10Temp=0x1000008
; core 11 temperature (degrees)
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core11Temp=0x1000009
Essentially repeating the four temperature sensors i have

0x1000000 0x1000003 0x1000008 0x1000009
but the widget still displays just one value across the board. This got me thinking, my issue may be with Core Temp?
Last edited by VL4DST3R on December 20th, 2020, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

OH MY f---ing GOD MY

HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-SensorId
WAS WRONG ALL ALONG

Fixed that and now both the 4 temp sensors work AND the fan RPM display properly...

This must be why it didn't ever work, the id was off all along.

EDIT: Also disregard what i was asking about why was Core Temp needed, it was falling back to it since it wasn't getting the needed info from HWiNFO.
Now i can have one less program running in the background!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

VL4DST3R wrote: December 20th, 2020, 11:27 pmEDIT: Also disregard what i was asking about why was Core Temp needed, it was falling back to it since it wasn't getting the needed info from HWiNFO.
Now i can have one less program running in the background!
Yep, that was it! Glad you finally got it working! :thumbup:
The next version of the Gadgets will better support AMD CPUs with respect to the temperatures, so keep a lookout for that release. AMDs do have a bunch of temps, just not per-core. There's a die temp, a package temp, maybe even a chiplet temp. You can use any one of them you prefer (typically it is the die temp).
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

SilverAzide wrote: December 20th, 2020, 11:47 pm Yep, that was it! Glad you finally got it working! :thumbup:
The next version of the Gadgets will better support AMD CPUs with respect to the temperatures, so keep a lookout for that release. AMDs do have a bunch of temps, just not per-core. There's a die temp, a package temp, maybe even a chiplet temp. You can use any one of them you prefer (typically it is the die temp).
Well as i said, i used all of them :P in a somewhat half-aassed way, but i like it!
Speaking of which, how exactly do you plan on better supporting AMD temps?

Anyways, thank you so much for helping me debug this, you just made my night!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

VL4DST3R wrote: December 20th, 2020, 11:53 pm Well as i said, i used all of them :P in a somewhat half-aassed way, but i like it!
Speaking of which, how exactly do you plan on better supporting AMD temps?

Anyways, thank you so much for helping me debug this, you just made my night!
You're welcome! The next version of the CPU Meter will have a single temperature bar (so you won't see all those identical temps for each core). The bar will be sensitive to TjMax, so there's a new TjMax setting. For AMD, this is usually 90C. Intel users can use this enhancement also if they want (Intel chips include TjMAX sensors). Here's a teaser shot, showing the CPU temp plus the percentage of TjMax... ;)
All CPU Meter SingleTemp.png
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

SilverAzide wrote: December 21st, 2020, 12:04 am You're welcome! The next version of the CPU Meter will have a single temperature bar (so you won't see all those identical temps for each core).
Nice!
As strange as this may sound, can you also leave the per-core temps like they are currently? I'm assuming yes but figured i should ask regardless :)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

The per-core temps will not be shown if you opt to show the single temperature. This is by far the most requested feature of the CPU Meter by AMD users. You don't have to use this new feature, you can retain the current functionality (which is the default), but there isn't an option for using both.