It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:18 pm

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
VL4DST3R

Re: Gadgets 5.5.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by VL4DST3R »

SilverAzide wrote: December 20th, 2020, 3:43 pm LOL, not a thing... It's just Windows trying to optimize your CPU's performance. I suppose you could go into the BIOS and disable hyperthreading and shutdown a few cores, but that seems kind of drastic to make your performance graph look pretty... :)
While i am crazy, indeed, I'm not yet OCD enough to do that XD I already gave my second kidney for this CPU, so i plan to milk it the best i can. But thanks for shedding some light on this. Since i posted i gave the topic another go on google and read a bit more on it. Does this mean a modern Intel CPU would act the same? This optimization behavior seems to have been introduced with Windows RS5 update and works only on newer CPUs. My old 4790k didn't have this behavior, I'm assuming because it was too old to take advantage of this "preferred core" thing newer processors have.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

VL4DST3R wrote: December 20th, 2020, 3:45 pm Would you look at that... no values... huh.
Yep, there's the problem. If you are using CoreTemp, it takes priority over HWiNFO, and since CoreTemp doesn't report fan speeds, all fan info is disabled. So your HWiNFO configuration isn't being used at all. You have a couple options; the simplest is to just use HWiNFO and unload CoreTemp. If CoreTemp is giving you something that HWiNFO somehow doesn't report, then your second option is to alter the CPU Meter skin so that HWiNFO takes priority over CoreTemp. The next version of All CPU Meter will work in this manner (HWiNFO is the top priority, then CoreTemp, then SpeedFan).
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

VL4DST3R wrote: December 20th, 2020, 3:50 pmMy old 4790k didn't have this behavior, I'm assuming because it was too old to take advantage of this "preferred core" thing newer processors have.
Yeah, this is my assumption as well...
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

SilverAzide wrote: December 20th, 2020, 3:58 pm Yep, there's the problem. If you are using CoreTemp, it takes priority over HWiNFO, and since CoreTemp doesn't report fan speeds, all fan info is disabled. So your HWiNFO configuration isn't being used at all. You have a couple options; the simplest is to just use HWiNFO and unload CoreTemp. If CoreTemp is giving you something that HWiNFO somehow doesn't report, then your second option is to alter the CPU Meter skin so that HWiNFO takes priority over CoreTemp. The next version of All CPU Meter will work in this manner (HWiNFO is the top priority, then CoreTemp, then SpeedFan).
Yeah, sadly, an even older skin I'm using, Wisp, uses both MSI Afterburner and CoreTemp to display its graphs, which i have on my main screen. The plugin seems abandoned for a few years now, its weather widget also died some time ago due to weather.com changing its API...

Sadly, i really like it and haven't found a better replacement, so I'm stuck with it for now. I have some basic knowledge about creating rainmeter skins, but i'm not confident enough nor had the dedication to fix them myself.

When will the next version of All CPU Meter be released? And if it will be a while, how can i do it myself until then?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

VL4DST3R wrote: December 20th, 2020, 4:27 pm When will the next version of All CPU Meter be released? And if it will be a while, how can i do it myself until then?
My current thinking is that I will wait to release when Rainmeter 4.4.0 is officially out, because it uses some new features of this version and I didn't want to force people to install a beta version to use the Gadgets.

In the mean time, it is pretty simple to fix the priorities. Edit the skin and find the code that determines what monitoring program is in use; this is the block of code that contains 3 measures, [CalcIsCoreTempInUse], [CalcIsSpeedFanInUse], and [CalcIsHWiNFOInUse]. Delete these 3 measures (don't rearrange them, but delete them entirely) and replace the code with the following:

Code: Select all

[CalcIsHWiNFOInUse]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO
HWiNFOSensorId=#HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-SensorId#
HWiNFOSensorInstance=#HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-SensorInstance#
HWiNFOEntryId=#HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-Core0Temp#
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue
HWiNFOLogHandler=0
IfCondition=(CalcIsHWiNFOInUse > 0) && (#DisableTemps# = 0)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable DisableCoreTemp 1][!SetVariable DisableSpeedFan 1][!SetVariable DisableHWiNFO 0][!DisableMeasureGroup "SpeedFanFans"][!CommandMeasure GadgetScript "Configure(3)"][!EnableMeasureGroup "HWiNFOFans"]
Disabled=#DisableTemps#

[CalcIsCoreTempInUse]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=Temperature
CoreTempIndex=0
IfCondition=(CalcIsHWiNFOInUse = 0) && (CalcIsCoreTempInUse > 0) && (#DisableTemps# = 0)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable DisableCoreTemp 0][!SetVariable DisableSpeedFan 1][!SetVariable DisableHWiNFO 1][!DisableMeasureGroup "SpeedFanFans"][!DisableMeasureGroup "HWiNFOFans"][!CommandMeasure GadgetScript "Configure(1)"]
Disabled=#DisableTemps#

[CalcIsSpeedFanInUse]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpeedFanPlugin
SpeedFanType=Temperature
SpeedFanNumber=0
IfCondition=(CalcIsHWiNFOInUse = 0) && (CalcIsCoreTempInUse = 0) && (CalcIsSpeedFanInUse > 0) && (#DisableTemps# = 0)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable DisableCoreTemp 1][!SetVariable DisableSpeedFan 0][!SetVariable DisableHWiNFO 1][!EnableMeasureGroup "SpeedFanFans"][!DisableMeasureGroup "HWiNFOFans"][!CommandMeasure GadgetScript "Configure(2)"]
Disabled=#DisableTemps#
Refresh the skin and HWiNFO should take priority. You should see a line "HWiNFO detected" in the log.
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

SilverAzide wrote: December 20th, 2020, 4:51 pm My current thinking is that I will wait to release when Rainmeter 4.4.0 is officially out, because it uses some new features of this version and I didn't want to force people to install a beta version to use the Gadgets.

In the mean time, it is pretty simple to fix the priorities.
This may be a dumb question but, i need to update to 4.4.0 for this to work as well, right? Because i changed it and still doesn't seem to work.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

VL4DST3R wrote: December 20th, 2020, 7:19 pm This may be a dumb question but, i need to update to 4.4.0 for this to work as well, right? Because i changed it and still doesn't seem to work.
No, no upgrade needed as far as I know; this revision is just a rearrangement of logic, so it should work unless there is a logic error in the code. Are those measures still all grayed out? Do you see "HWiNFO detected" in the log? And most importantly, did you remember to check the "Show Fan Usage" checkbox in the Settings?
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

SilverAzide wrote: December 20th, 2020, 9:39 pm No, no upgrade needed as far as I know; this revision is just a rearrangement of logic, so it should work unless there is a logic error in the code. Are those measures still all grayed out? Do you see "HWiNFO detected" in the log? And most importantly, did you remember to check the "Show Fan Usage" checkbox in the Settings?
I actually went ahead and updated to the beta, but alas, no dice. Show Fan is obviously enabled and i still get no measurements in "About Rainmeter" for the cpu fan. I made sure and got no other monitoring apps enabled except HWiNFO and still nothing. I'm stumped.
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

Would me sending my Gadgets folder over for you to have a look help?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

VL4DST3R wrote: December 20th, 2020, 9:47 pm Would me sending my Gadgets folder over for you to have a look help?
You can, sure... perhaps I will notice something, but only if your Gadgets are stock. The problem is that this is probably entirely down to the configuration of HWiNFO and my machine is going to be completely different from yours, so I would not expect your settings to work for me at all. You can zip the entire Gadgets folder and post it here if you want.