It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:18 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.5.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

OK, great! The HWiNFO configuration is pretty much unique to each machine make/model, so you do need to configure it the first time you use it. Glad you got it working!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

Given the amount of CPU cores are bound to only increase, and like some users have mentioned that at some point the widget will only fit sideways :) I have a suggestion.

Incidentally this is also a request i meant to ask for a while now: could you add an option to average and group together cores with their threads? So for example if you have a 12 core, 24 thread CPU, display just 12 instances, with for example: "core 3" being the average of threads 5 and 6 and so on.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

VL4DST3R wrote: December 20th, 2020, 2:11 pm Given the amount of CPU cores are bound to only increase, and like some users have mentioned that at some point the widget will only fit sideways :) I have a suggestion.

Incidentally this is also a request i meant to ask for a while now: could you add an option to average and group together cores with their threads? So for example if you have a 12 core, 24 thread CPU, display just 12 instances, with for example: "core 3" being the average of threads 5 and 6 and so on.
Yes, I'm thinking about a Gadget that reports on physical cores instead of logical cores. So far this hasn't become a pressing need, as 32+-core CPUs are still so expensive not many folks have them, but at some point they will become more mainstream.
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

While I'm here, I'm also having some issues with showing the CPU fan speed. This has actually been an ongoing issue for me for many years, i posted a long time ago on the DA page of the skin asking for help but didn't manage to figure out why it wasn't working.

I've set the correct id for both (as far as i can tell) and while inside HWiNFO the values are displayed properly (as seen in the image) All CPU Meter never picks them up. What am i doing wrong? This happened on both an Intel and now AMD CPU.
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

SilverAzide wrote: December 20th, 2020, 2:30 pm Yes, I'm thinking about a Gadget that reports on physical cores instead of logical cores. So far this hasn't become a pressing need, as 32+-core CPUs are still so expensive not many folks have them, but at some point they will become more mainstream.
Part of the reason why i wanted to ask for this is the following:

For some reason AMD seems to flip-flop its thread usage between the main core and its thread (and sometimes another core/thread pair entirely). This is very annoying as it makes graphs a mess, as you can see. I'm not yet sure why is this happening, if it's the way the usage is reported to the widget to blame or its the actual behavior of the CPU, but i was hoping by having the two mushed into one, i can at least partially fix the graph display. For example in the game I'm currently running (but it's not limited to a particular program) which seems to use mostly just one thread, the usage displayed on the widget switches between core 9-10 then 5-6 and repeats, resulting in the above graph.

Any idea who's really to blame here?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

VL4DST3R wrote: December 20th, 2020, 2:59 pmAny idea who's really to blame here?
That would be the Windows thread scheduler. :)
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

SilverAzide wrote: December 20th, 2020, 3:23 pm That would be the Windows thread scheduler. :)
UGHHH and let me guess, nothing i can do to avoid those "seismic" CPU graphs?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

VL4DST3R wrote: December 20th, 2020, 2:36 pm I've set the correct id for both (as far as i can tell) and while inside HWiNFO the values are displayed properly (as seen in the image) All CPU Meter never picks them up. What am i doing wrong? This happened on both an Intel and now AMD CPU.
Yes, it does look like the config is OK. So the next question is are you running SpeedFan or CoreTemp in addition to HWiNFO? Also, if you look at the Rainmeter About window Skins tab and select the CPU Meter, if you scroll down the list of measure to near the end, you should see something like this:
Fans.png
Th first two items should be grayed out (disabled) because they are SpeedFan measures. The next three should be enabled. If these look OK, then there could be an issue with the Lua script that configures the skin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

VL4DST3R wrote: December 20th, 2020, 3:26 pm UGHHH and let me guess, nothing i can do to avoid those "seismic" CPU graphs?
LOL, not a thing... It's just Windows trying to optimize your CPU's performance. I suppose you could go into the BIOS and disable hyperthreading and shutdown a few cores, but that seems kind of drastic to make your performance graph look pretty... :)
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

SilverAzide wrote: December 20th, 2020, 3:37 pm Yes, it does look like the config is OK. So the next question is are you running SpeedFan or CoreTemp in addition to HWiNFO? Also, if you look at the Rainmeter About window Skins tab and select the CPU Meter, if you scroll down the list of measure to near the end, you should see something like this:

Fans.png

Th first two items should be grayed out (disabled) because they are SpeedFan measures. The next three should be enabled. If these look OK, then there could be an issue with the Lua script that configures the skin.
Using CoreTemp and here:

Would you look at that... no values... huh.