It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:39 am

Installation path isn't changeable and isn't on C:\

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Rikopara

Installation path isn't changeable and isn't on C:\

Post by Rikopara »

Hello. Some time ago I installed rainmeter to the wrong drive (This is slow 1tb hard drive) with this path: F:\Files\Program Files\Rainmeter\
When I actually realize that Rainmeter doesn't work fast enough I tried to uninstall it. After uninstallation and downloading new setup from official site, I saw my old path to a hd in the installation box. And it wasn't changeble. I found clean-up documentation and clean all Rainmeter folders. After rebooting the problem hasn't gone.
Someone already had this issue before but the only solution was reinstalling Windows.
I probably can reinstall Windows but I don't want to. The reason is I did this like 2 month ago and didn't like the process of it. I have a big bundle of Adobe programs and a lot of another files.
So I really appreciate if someone may can know the reason and the way to fix it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Installation path isn't changeable and isn't on C:\

Post by jsmorley »

Rikopara wrote: December 20th, 2020, 10:28 am Hello. Some time ago I installed rainmeter to the wrong drive (This is slow 1tb hard drive) with this path: F:\Files\Program Files\Rainmeter\
When I actually realize that Rainmeter doesn't work fast enough I tried to uninstall it. After uninstallation and downloading new setup from official site, I saw my old path to a hd in the installation box. And it wasn't changeble. I found clean-up documentation and clean all Rainmeter folders. After rebooting the problem hasn't gone.
Someone already had this issue before but the only solution was reinstalling Windows.
I probably can reinstall Windows but I don't want to. The reason is I did this like 2 month ago and didn't like the process of it. I have a big bundle of Adobe programs and a lot of another files.
So I really appreciate if someone may can know the reason and the way to fix it.
Try following this guide:

https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/clean-rainmeter-uninstall/
Rikopara

Post by Rikopara »

jsmorley wrote: December 20th, 2020, 12:53 pm Try following this guide:

https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/clean-rainmeter-uninstall/
As I said, I already followed clean-up documentation.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Rikopara wrote: December 20th, 2020, 2:59 pm As I said, I already followed clean-up documentation.
This may be related to other recent posts concerning being unable to install Rainmeter since the latest Windows 10 update.

Are you in the DEV Channel of Windows Insider groups for updates from Microsoft (FE_RELEASE or RS_PRERELEASE)?

I am in the Beta group (Windows 10 Pro | Build 19042.685 | Date 12/14/2019) and have no issue installing Rainmeter using Standard or Portable methods.
December Updates for the DEV group
insiderDec2020.png
You may have to wait for an update from Microsoft, if this is the reason for these issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.