It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:45 pm

Mouse plugin from NighthawkSLO

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
JosephB2000

Re: Mouse plugin from NighthawkSLO

Post by JosephB2000 »

Brilliant plugin, however I have to agree with what kyriakos876 said; When I move the meter which acts as a scroll bar up and down repeatedly, Windows opens 'Play.png' from my @Resources folder. However, I do not get any error messages in my log. If a demonstration skin is needed I'll try to create one (I can't post the skin in question as it is a massive skin and connected with basically the whole suite).

Other than that it is a great plugin and no real issues in regards to the usability of it, just the minor issue of opening the .png. Kudos NighthawkSLO! :thumbup:

Speaking of which, perhaps we should be notifying NighthawkSLO about these issues, however I have no clue how to reach them.
kyriakos876 wrote: May 20th, 2018, 5:37 pm Nevermind, I figured that out, but I think I found a bug. I don't know if it's caused from that plugin, but I'm pretty sure it is.
So, load the attached skin and have a YouTube song play in chrome. Then, mouse over the skin and in the progress bar (the red bar) click and drag back and forth for a while, release and click and drag again(click and drag a couple of times until it happens). You will notice the bug randomly. A window opens in "Photos" app of windows, and it displays a random .png that is included in the skin's #@#Images\. This is the log:
bufgubgbug.png
and the file is there, with that exact name. I don't know why it's trying to open it though or why sometimes it actually opens it and sometimes it cannot...

EDIT: I didn't include the plugins or the chrome extension needed, as I suppose that those that are able to figure it out already have them. If not, let me know and I'll try find the distributed plugins and load them in the skin.
[Insert Joke Here]
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

A question related to this plugin: is there any way to stop the Mouse plugin measure? For instance I tried these:
  • [!DisableMeasure "MeasureMouse"]
  • [!CommandMeasure "MeasureMouse" "Stop"]
  • [!CommandMeasure "MeasureMouse" "Disable"]
but none of the above bang work.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: July 7th, 2020, 7:22 pm A question related to this plugin: is there any way to stop the Mouse plugin measure? For instance I tried these:
  • [!DisableMeasure "MeasureMouse"]
  • [!CommandMeasure "MeasureMouse" "Stop"]
  • [!CommandMeasure "MeasureMouse" "Disable"]
but none of the above bang work.
Not that I know of. I think you might want to just Disable or Clear any mouse actions associated with the plugin measure.

The plugin is driven by mouse actions, and if there aren't any, it doesn't do anything.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: July 7th, 2020, 7:30 pm Not that I know of. I think you might want to just Disable or Clear any mouse actions associated with the plugin measure.

The plugin is driven by mouse actions, and if there aren't any, it doesn't do anything.
Good idea, thank you for it. And it is working, just one single observation: since the section which has the mouse action set is a measure, not a meter, your method of disabling (clearing) the mouse action (with a !DisableMouseAction bang) doesn't work. But setting no action with a !SetOption bang does work, so this is a good solution.
Thank you again for the idea.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: July 7th, 2020, 8:38 pm Good idea, thank you for it. And it is working, just one single observation: since the section which has the mouse action set is a measure, not a meter, your method of disabling (clearing) the mouse action (with a !DisableMouseAction bang) doesn't work. But setting no action with a !SetOption bang does work, so this is a good solution.
Thank you again for the idea.
Ah yeah, the mouse plugin is a bit of an anomaly, since it is a "measure", but supports mouse actions. Also, in any case many of the mouse actions supported by the measure, like MouseMoveAction, are not actually standard mouse actions that Rainmeter itself recognizes.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: July 7th, 2020, 8:43 pm Ah yeah, the mouse plugin is a bit of an anomaly, since it is a "measure", but supports mouse actions. Also, in any case many of the mouse actions supported by the measure, like MouseMoveAction, are not actually standard mouse actions that Rainmeter itself recognizes.
Yes, however setting no action with a !SetOption bang, then setting back the original action, does work. So thank you for your idea, it helped me.
cthunsthrall

Post by cthunsthrall »

Hi guys, idk if anyone's still developing this plugin, but I think I've noticed a bug. I'm not sure what could be causing it though, since I've used it with no problems for a few years, and all of a sudden it stopped working the way it used to. It's hard to nail down because I updated windows 10 and rainmeter at the same time, but rolling back the rainmeter version didn't fix it either. It's kinda hard to describe the issue and almost everything else is working as normal. But basically I adapted your skin to make volume and backlight sliders, and set it up so that you don't only need to drag on the slider, you can click anywhere on the bar to instantly move the slider to where you clicked. This worked fine for a long time and then out of nowhere it stopped working.

But it doesn't just fail in a straightforward way. If I have a window focused (other than the skin or desktop) then clicking the bar works like it used to. But that immediately focuses the skin, so any further clicks won't work until changing focus. But there's yet another wrinkle, which is sooo weird. If I open the log and click on the log page for any skin that loads Mouse.dll, the whole thing will work like normal. All the skins that use the plugin will work like they used to, but only as long as that log page is open. As soon as I close it, it goes back to only moving the slider when I'm not focusing the skin/desktop.

Basically the "Start" command isn't working in those cases. But just like I can click and drag the slider itself and it'll work fine, I can click anywhere on the slider and if I hold down the mouse button and move the mouse at all, THEN it'll move the slider to my mouse. So it's picking up the LeftMouseDragAction but not the LeftMouseDownAction for the slide bar. And yet it IS picking up the LeftMouseDownAction for the slider itself. I guess this is pretty confusing but it would make more sense to just show you the skins. I'd like to know if someone else can reproduce this or if it's just me.

Since it all started when I updated windows, I get the feeling that this windows update might have changed the way clicks register on the desktop or something. But then how do I explain the fact that everything goes back to normal when the rainmeter log is open? It makes no sense how that could affect anything. I tried enabling/disabling logging & debug mode, to see if that had something to do with it. But basically nothing I do has any effect except focusing a different window or keeping the log open 24/7. Oh and by log I mean the "Open Log" button in the UI, not the log text file.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

cthunsthrall wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 4:20 pm Hi guys, idk if anyone's still developing this plugin, but I think I've noticed a bug. I'm not sure what could be causing it though, since I've used it with no problems for a few years, and all of a sudden it stopped working the way it used to. It's hard to nail down because I updated windows 10 and rainmeter at the same time, but rolling back the rainmeter version didn't fix it either. It's kinda hard to describe the issue and almost everything else is working as normal. But basically I adapted your skin to make volume and backlight sliders, and set it up so that you don't only need to drag on the slider, you can click anywhere on the bar to instantly move the slider to where you clicked. This worked fine for a long time and then out of nowhere it stopped working.

But it doesn't just fail in a straightforward way. If I have a window focused (other than the skin or desktop) then clicking the bar works like it used to. But that immediately focuses the skin, so any further clicks won't work until changing focus. But there's yet another wrinkle, which is sooo weird. If I open the log and click on the log page for any skin that loads Mouse.dll, the whole thing will work like normal. All the skins that use the plugin will work like they used to, but only as long as that log page is open. As soon as I close it, it goes back to only moving the slider when I'm not focusing the skin/desktop.

Basically the "Start" command isn't working in those cases. But just like I can click and drag the slider itself and it'll work fine, I can click anywhere on the slider and if I hold down the mouse button and move the mouse at all, THEN it'll move the slider to my mouse. So it's picking up the LeftMouseDragAction but not the LeftMouseDownAction for the slide bar. And yet it IS picking up the LeftMouseDownAction for the slider itself. I guess this is pretty confusing but it would make more sense to just show you the skins. I'd like to know if someone else can reproduce this or if it's just me.

Since it all started when I updated windows, I get the feeling that this windows update might have changed the way clicks register on the desktop or something. But then how do I explain the fact that everything goes back to normal when the rainmeter log is open? It makes no sense how that could affect anything. I tried enabling/disabling logging & debug mode, to see if that had something to do with it. But basically nothing I do has any effect except focusing a different window or keeping the log open 24/7. Oh and by log I mean the "Open Log" button in the UI, not the log text file.
For first try replacing the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [MeasureMouse] measure with LeftMouseDownAction.
cthunsthrall

Post by cthunsthrall »

balala wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 5:00 pm For first try replacing the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [MeasureMouse] measure with LeftMouseDownAction.
Thanks for the reply! That solves the immediate problem for some reason, but causes some other problems too. If I don't have a LeftMouseUpAction, I can't hide the percent meter when I release the mouse button, and the "Stop" command is never given so it stays stuck within this weird context, where my skin's context menu options are ignored and it shows the default context menu. It seems like I need a "Stop" command somewhere but as soon as I put one in, whether attached to LeftMouseUpAction or MouseLeaveAction, the original problem comes back where ordinary clicks don't move the slider. So strange

edit: oh, and swapping the Up action for the Down action makes all the mouse events for other skins stop working until I click something else. So no hover or click actions outside of the skin
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

cthunsthrall wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 12:59 am If I don't have a LeftMouseUpAction, I can't hide the percent meter when I release the mouse button, and the "Stop" command is never given
You can add a LeftMouseUpAction option (beside the LeftMouseDownAction) and move the appropriate bangs there. For instance something like this:

Code: Select all

[MeasureMouse]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureMouse "Stop"][!SetOption MeterSlider Shape "Rectangle 5,0,20,20 | Fill Color 247,247,247,255 | StrokeWidth 0"][!SetOption MeasureWin7Audio IfCondition "MeasureWin7Audio = -1"][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!HideMeter MeterPercent][!Redraw]
cthunsthrall wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 12:59 am so it stays stuck within this weird context, where my skin's context menu options are ignored and it shows the default context menu.
I'm surprised if it does.