It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:37 am

Circle Launcher Apps Not Launching

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JackTYM

Circle Launcher Apps Not Launching

Post by JackTYM »

Hello!

I recently installed Circle Launcher (I have also tried honeycomb icons but got the same issue) but on some apps, for example Minecraft, when clicked on don't open anything. In my Minecraft app config file, I have

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
Author=http://Lybrica.deviantart.com/
@include=#@#Variables.inc

[Image]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=2
X=0
Y=0
LeftMouseUpAction=#Minecraft#
and in my Variables folder, I have

Code: Select all

Marvel=["C:\Path\To\App.exe"]
MicrosoftVisualStudio=["C:\Path\To\App.exe"]
Minecraft=["C:\Program Files (x86)\Minecraft Launcher\MinecraftLauncher.exe"]
Monaco=["C:\Path\To\App.exe"]
MoviesFolder=["C:\Path\To\App.exe"]
When I use the exact link connected to the Minecraft variable in file explorer, it opens the game perfectly fine. But when I click the icon, nothing happens. Is there anyway I can fix this? Thanks!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Circle Launcher Apps Not Launching

Post by balala »

JackTYM wrote: November 22nd, 2020, 4:30 am When I use the exact link connected to the Minecraft variable in file explorer, it opens the game perfectly fine. But when I click the icon, nothing happens. Is there anyway I can fix this? Thanks!
Does exist the [Variables] section name in the @Resources\Variables.inc file? Because you posted a few variables above, but there is no section name. Even if it may exist in your file, make sure it indeed does exist.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

No one's posted in a while so i thought i might add something.

The variables inc file would need to be in the @Resources folder that way it is written in your code.

Just check that the meters have the DynamicVariables=1 in them - the ones that say leftmouseupaction= since they use a #variable# i find that being certain help just in case someone corrects me on this.

The files need to be saved, and rainmeter needs to be refreshed after each change - or the skin with the changes being made in is refreshed.

All of the skins need to be in the same directory as the @Resources folder, that is to say: skins/the suite of skins folder/then @resources AND the skin folders next.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 8:38 am Just check that the meters have the DynamicVariables=1 in them - the ones that say leftmouseupaction= since they use a #variable# i find that being certain help just in case someone corrects me on this.
The DynamicVariables=1 option is required only if the variable (#Minecraft# for instance) is dynamically modified, during the skin run. So if a !SetVariable bang is setting a new value for the variable, the meter has to have set on the dynamic variables, in order to can use the dynamically set new value of the variable.
If the meter is using the value assigned to the variable into the included Variables.inc file, the DynamicVariables=1 option is not required.
Additional interesting (at least in my opinion) fact: even if the !SetVariable requires to set on the dynamic variables on each measure or meter where you do want to use the variable, the !SetOption bang doesn't require this. Any meter or measure where you do set dynamically an option, will work even if it has not set the DynamicVariables=1 option.
CodeCode wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 8:38 am The files need to be saved, and rainmeter needs to be refreshed after each change - or the skin with the changes being made in is refreshed.
In fact in this case refreshing the skin is enough. No need to refresh the whole Rainmeter. This is required when you create a new skin for instance, to allow Rainmeter to see it, because without a Refresh all it doesn't see the new skin.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

balala wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 11:17 am The DynamicVariables=1 option is required only if the variable (#Minecraft# for instance) is dynamically modified, during the skin run. So if a !SetVariable bang is setting a new value for the variable, the meter has to have set on the dynamic variables, in order to can use the dynamically set new value of the variable.
If the meter is using the value assigned to the variable into the included Variables.inc file, the DynamicVariables=1 option is not required.
Additional interesting (at least in my opinion) fact: even if the !SetVariable requires to set on the dynamic variables on each measure or meter where you do want to use the variable, the !SetOption bang doesn't require this. Any meter or measure where you do set dynamically an option, will work even if it has not set the DynamicVariables=1 option.

In fact in this case refreshing the skin is enough. No need to refresh the whole Rainmeter. This is required when you create a new skin for instance, to allow Rainmeter to see it, because without a Refresh all it doesn't see the new skin.
There's always more to know - which is why I brought those things up. For both the OP and any visitors that might be learning on the passive side of things.

Cheers.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.