It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:08 pm

Google Weather (JD Edition) by Jelle Dekkers (Original by fivetwofoureight)

Weather skins
JelleDekkers

Google Weather (JD Edition) by Jelle Dekkers (Original by fivetwofoureight)

Post by JelleDekkers »

I saw this skin on DeviantArt by fivetwofoureight, and I figured I'd remake it and update the weather parser.

As always, right-click the skin and hit "Settings..." to change the settings.

View the version history on GitHub!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JelleDekkers on September 18th, 2023, 7:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ms310

Re: Google Weather (JD Edition) by Jelle Dekkers (Original by fivetwofoureight)

Post by ms310 »

For me the degree symbols don't appear.
2020-12-02_10h35_55.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

While it's fine for me, I can't promise that it will work everywhere in the world. The skin .ini file should really be encoded as UTF-16 LE, and not ANSI. All Rainmeter skin .ini and .inc files should really be encoded as UTF-16 LE Unicode.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Works here as well (Eastern Europe).
JelleDekkers

Post by JelleDekkers »

ms310 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 1:37 am For me the degree symbols don't appear.

2020-12-02_10h35_55.png
I've never seen this happen before, but I'll fix it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JelleDekkers wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 9:01 am I've never seen this happen before, but I'll fix it.
This probably is caused by what jsmorley described in his above reply (the wrong encoding of files).
There is an extremely easy solution. Beside reencoding the files, replace the ° signs in the Substitute options of WebParser measures of both files, @Resources\WeatherParser.inc and @Resources\WeatherParserDaily.inc, with [\x00B0]. So for instance the Substitute="#Substitute#", "(.+)":"\1°", "":"--" option of the [mCurrentTemperature] measure of the @Resources\WeatherParser.inc file should be replaced by Substitute="#Substitute#", "(.+)":"\1[\x00B0]", "":"--".
Probably the reencoding should be enough, however I still suggest to replace the signs, as described above.
JelleDekkers

Post by JelleDekkers »

balala wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 9:42 am This probably is caused by what jsmorley described in his above reply (the wrong encoding of files).
There is an extremely easy solution. Beside reencoding the files, replace the ° signs in the Substitute options of WebParser measures of both files, @Resources\WeatherParser.inc and @Resources\WeatherParserDaily.inc, with [\x00B0]. So for instance the Substitute="#Substitute#", "(.+)":"\1°", "":"--" option of the [mCurrentTemperature] measure of the @Resources\WeatherParser.inc file should be replaced by Substitute="#Substitute#", "(.+)":"\1[\x00B0]", "":"--".
Probably the reencoding should be enough, however I still suggest to replace the signs, as described above.
I've just updated all of my (weather) skins to use UCS-2 LE BOM :)
ms310

Post by ms310 »

JelleDekkers wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 9:45 am I've just updated all of my (weather) skins to use UCS-2 LE BOM :)
Thank you!
iwantdrconnors

Post by iwantdrconnors »

Skin does not want to work anymore. Don't know if it is because Sweden (where I live) have changed weather system (warning system).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

iwantdrconnors wrote: October 26th, 2021, 11:08 am Skin does not want to work anymore. Don't know if it is because Sweden (where I live) have changed weather system (warning system).
No, the skin doesn't work for me either. Probably the author, JelleDekkers will be needed here.