It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:12 pm

AstroCalendar, MultiCalendar and WorldClock

Clocks and timer skins
gaffarsheikh

Re: AstroCalendar, MultiCalendar and WorldClock

Post by gaffarsheikh »

buckb wrote: May 1st, 2018, 10:42 pm AstroCalendar

AstroCalendar is based on Smurfier's "Lua Calendar" and Stone's "Moon II DST" skins. I am grateful that they shared their work.

AstroCalendar has several different modes of operation. In addition to showing "Events" that the user has defined, AstroCalendar can also display:
  • Sunrise and Sunset times and azimuths
  • Solar Noon time and elevation
  • Equinox and Solstice dates
  • Moonrise and Moonset times and azimuths
  • Lunar meridian transit and phase information
  • Lunar primary phase and apogee/perigee information
  • Rises, sets, meridian transits, and position information for the planets and named stars
To configure AstroCalender, edit AstroCalender.ini and set the various "scriptXYZ" variables accordingly. There are three groups of configuration variables:
  • variables to configure the display format of the calendar
  • variables to configure the observer's latitude and longitude
  • variables to configure the observer's local time zone
If you set scriptManualTimezone=0, the PC's time zone is determined automatically. No other time zone variables need be configured. If you set scriptManualTimezone=1, then you can define the local time zone however you wish. Manual time zone configuration, coupled with the appropriate latitude and longitude, causes AstroCalendar to calculate astronomical information as if the PC were located at the given location.

AstroCalendar's Astro.lua dofile is designed to handle the multiple rise/set events that can occur at high latitudes. Configure the skin for "McMurdo Station, Antarctica" or "Alert, Nunavut" and watch how the Sun and Moon appear to observers at those locations.

AstroCalendar has the following controls:
  • Click on the arrows to move the calendar backward or forward one month or year at a time
  • Click on the currently-displayed Month and Year label to return to the current month and year
  • Click on the currently-displayed mode label to cycle to the next calendar mode (starting with "Events")
  • Click on a day number to open a detailed information panel
  • Click on the detailed information panel to dismiss it
  • Use the "Custom skin actions" menu to choose the object of interest when in "Astro" mode
AstroCalendar.jpg

MultiCalendar

MultiCalendar displays a year of AstroCalendars at once. Handy when you need to see more than just one month at a time. MultiCalendar's controls and displayed information are minor variations on the controls for AstroCalendar. AstroCalendar will activate MultiCalendar if you double-click on AstroCalendar's currently-displayed Month and Year label, though you may need to edit MultiCalendar's config name in the AstroCalendar.ini.

MultiCalendar.jpg

WorldClock

Finally, I have included a WorldClock skin with two variants. This skin demonstrates how to use the Timezone.lua dofile to manage multiple local time zones. The variant that shows a day/night icon uses the Astro.lua dofile from AstroCalendar to calculate sunrise and sunset times for the specified location. Note that Astro.lua is overkill for simple sunrise/sunset at lower latitudes.

WorldClock.jpg

At this time, I know of one bug/limitation in AstroCalendar. On days when Daylight Saving Time begins or ends, rise and set events that happen in the early hours before the time changes will be incorrect. This is because Astro.lua assumes that the time zone offset for a given day is the same all day long. This assumption is incorrect on the DST transition days.

--buckb
In calendar, If click on "Event" then show "TIme and Date" and "Event is hide.
How to show separately on calendar display of all this "Event" "Time" "Sun "Moon" "Astro"
Gaffar Sheikh
buckb

Post by buckb »

gaffarsheikh wrote: August 31st, 2020, 11:00 pm In calendar, If click on "Event" then show "TIme and Date" and "Event is hide.
How to show separately on calendar display of all this "Event" "Time" "Sun "Moon" "Astro"
Left-clicking on the "mode" label will cycle through the calendar modes:

"Events" --> "Time and Date" --> "Sun Times" --> "Moon Times" --> "Astro" --> "Events" ...

Also, the latest version of the skin (which I'll post in a few minutes) now supports right-clicking on the "mode" label to cycle through "submodes" of the currently-selected "mode". Note that "Events" and "Time and Date" do not have any "submodes".
buckb

Post by buckb »

First post updated with latest versions of the skins.
gaffarsheikh

Post by gaffarsheikh »

Nice work, Update version is more informative.

In update version:
--------------------------------------------
Left-clicking on the "mode" label will cycle through the calendar modes:
"Events" --> "Time and Date" --> "Sun Times" --> "Moon Times" --> "Astro" --> "Events" ...

I want:
------------------------
How to show all "mode" label separately In skin as | Event | Time and Date | Sun Time | Moon Time | etc.
Gaffar Sheikh
buckb

Post by buckb »

Added proper motion and precession to star positions.
gaffarsheikh

Post by gaffarsheikh »

Can you add a "Add event" skin, which will appear when double click on a date for add custom event or holidays. or "add event button" in calendar skin. Thanks in advance

And, How to show all "mode" label separately In skin as | Event | Time and Date | Sun Time | Moon Time | etc.
Gaffar Sheikh
buckb

Post by buckb »

gaffarsheikh wrote: September 9th, 2020, 11:48 pm Can you add a "Add event" skin, which will appear when double click on a date for add custom event or holidays. or "add event button" in calendar skin. Thanks in advance

And, How to show all "mode" label separately In skin as | Event | Time and Date | Sun Time | Moon Time | etc.
I post my skins "as-is" for do-it-yourself skin developers and users. Feedback and bug reports are appreciated, but I am unlikely to act on new feature requests.

Feel free to change or enhance them as you see fit.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gaffarsheikh wrote: September 9th, 2020, 11:48 pm Can you add a "Add event" skin, which will appear when double click on a date for add custom event or holidays. or "add event button" in calendar skin.
If you are interested, try out the Calendar skin of my Mirage suite. You can add events to any date (left-clicking the day), which will be shown on that day on a different skin. Additionally you can add the event even in a way to get it repeated every year on the appropriate date (checking the Each year button on event editor of the skin).
Holidays also can be added with a right click to the day.
If you want to try it out recommend version 1.1, but even this is outdated, the Weather skin doesn't work. I rewrote it but didn't yet published the new version, since I'm making other improvements as well. Unfortunately no enough time to work as much as I'd need.
buckb

Post by buckb »

Added location configuration via text file.
Bug fixes and minor enhancements.
acibiber53

Post by acibiber53 »

Thanks for the skins!

How to make WorldClock show hours in 24 hours format?