It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:32 pm

Rainmter doesn't work!

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Abil

Rainmter doesn't work!

Post by Abil »

I had several problems on Windows 10 and gone back to Windows 8.1 and I have a big problem here. When I download and install RainMeter, it comes with default theme and works. But when I try to install a theme called DropTop4Four when i completes it says "RainMeter not responding.". This theme worked for me on Windows 10 without any problems and I was successfully pairing it with RocketDock. Is there any way to fix that? I restarted my PC , too :)
Thanks for any replies
Abil
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmter doesn't work!

Post by balala »

Abil wrote: November 20th, 2020, 5:43 am When I download and install RainMeter, it comes with default theme and works. But when I try to install a theme called DropTop4Four when i completes it says "RainMeter not responding.". This theme worked for me on Windows 10 without any problems and I was successfully pairing it with RocketDock. Is there any way to fix that?
Abil
DropTop4Four being this: https://www.deviantart.com/cariboudjan/art/droptop-four-762812007? If it's not, please post a link where we can download it, because otherwise no one will be able to say anything useful.
And what the "I was successfully pairing it with RocketDock." does mean?
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Are you sure you are using the most recent Rainmeter check and see at www.rainmeter.net also I advise installing the Beta, as that will ensure all of the most recent functionalities are available.

Is RocketDock a rainmeter skin or a third party application? Further asking, if RocketDock is being used to launch rainmeter, or any skins?

The more you can say about how at what you are using rainmeter for along with how rocketdock is expected to function will help everyone around here to provide assistance.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

This is a huge skin, which included much plugins and scripts. So.. It seems to be complicated to research why it doesn't start.. Btw it works for me. Check your Visual C++ packages for the beginning..
Image * Image * Image * Image
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

deflore08 wrote: November 20th, 2020, 1:31 pm This is a huge skin, which included much plugins and scripts. So.. It seems to be complicated to research why it doesn't start..
Which skin? Because I couldn't find one named DropTop4Four, as the OP said in his initial request. Did you identify any? The closest I found, as said inmy previous reply, was droptop four, but I1m not sure if this is what is he talking about.
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

balala wrote: November 20th, 2020, 2:43 pm Which skin? Because I couldn't find one named DropTop4Four, as the OP said in his initial request. Did you identify any? The closest I found, as said inmy previous reply, was droptop four, but I1m not sure if this is what is he talking about.
I am exactly sure that's it. :) It's z commercial skin, i tried it once to see how it works.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

deflore08 wrote: November 20th, 2020, 2:54 pm I am exactly sure that's it. :) It's z commercial skin, i tried it once to see how it works.
Might be, however I'm waiting for a confirmation from the OP.
BTW, have you succeeded installing it?
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

balala wrote: November 20th, 2020, 3:40 pm Might be, however I'm waiting for a confirmation from the OP.
BTW, have you succeeded installing it?
Yep, but i have Win10, also TS has not problems with that at win10. I guess it's about vc++, there is big amount of custom scripts that requires .net platform, but sure it might be just "broken" system or less obvious things. Also i believe RM must writes something to log before dying, maybe about some measure with script or something else..
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

deflore08 wrote: November 20th, 2020, 5:24 pm Yep, but i have Win10, also TS has not problems with that at win10.
Me too. Additonally note that the linked installer can be installed on windows 7 and above, so this should not be a problem. At least if the author was careful enough.
Abil wrote: November 20th, 2020, 5:43 am But when I try to install a theme called DropTop4Four when i completes it says "RainMeter not responding.".
Have you idea which skins of the package have been loaded when Rainmeter crashed? Would be an extremely useful information, because the package has more than a hundred skins, me definitely can't try out all.