It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:43 am

Network.ini Dual Ethernet / Windows Multiplexor

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Sim Architect

Network.ini Dual Ethernet / Windows Multiplexor

Post by Sim Architect »

Hi!

Today I started using Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver because I had to team up two 1 Gbps ethernet connections due to upgrading my internet speed.

Sadly, no matter what I try on Interface it won't work.

It will only give me the speed at one card (if using name or best) or zero, if using the index number for the virtual multiplexor adapter windows creates.

I have been searching for a while but I can't find anybody with a similar problem or a solution. Any ideas?
deflore08

Re: Network.ini Dual Ethernet / Windows Multiplexor

Post by deflore08 »

Sim Architect wrote: November 19th, 2020, 2:55 pm Hi!

Today I started using Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Driver because I had to team up two 1 Gbps ethernet connections due to upgrading my internet speed.

It will only give me the speed at one card (if using name or best) or zero, if using the index number for the virtual multiplexor adapter windows creates.

I have been searching for a while but I can't find anybody with a similar problem or a solution. Any ideas?
Did you try HWiNFO? If it able to show you network stat for each interface, you can use it in RM as you want to.
Image * Image * Image * Image
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Network.ini Dual Ethernet / Windows Multiplexor

Post by SilverAzide »

Sim Architect wrote: November 19th, 2020, 2:55 pm Hi!

I'm very curious to see if what you have will work with one of my Network skins. They don't operate like the usual Rainmeter skins you will find out there, in that it monitors up to 3 network interfaces simultaneously (not just a single one). So you should be able to monitor both your adapters at once.

If you are willing to give it a try, download the Gadgets from here. Select the Network Meter skin (you don't need the Network Meter Pro skin yet, unless you really want to). It will attempt to auto-configure itself, but you want to do some additional configuration. Click the little wrench icon in the upper right corner and open the Settings. Next, ensure the Ethernet Interface is correctly set to one of your adapters. Then, click the "List my network adapters" link and it will launch a command window. Find the name of your second ethernet adapter and copy the name to your clipboard. In the Settings window under Other Interface, paste the text into the box and press Enter. At this point, both your ethernet adapters should be monitored. The up/down traffic will be the sum of both adapters.

The peak throughput speed in this version of the skin is capped at 1 Gbps (for the display), so if this skin is of any use to you and you want to use it, let me know and I'll post instructions on how to fix the code so it will show the proper value.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...