It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:05 pm

Could someone help me achieve this? Can Pay!

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
cfree

Could someone help me achieve this? Can Pay!

Post by cfree »

Hello

Have just come across this nifty app and would like to know whether someone can help me to turn my idea into reality.

We sell computers and would like to install rainmaker on our systems with a premade theme which is as follows;

In our company colours, logo too if poss, I work with a designer that can chime in
A nice digital clock
Display specs of PC
Display health info on hdd, running temps and ram
Display our warranty info and phone number for IT Support
Possibly, either via initial option or preset the end warranty date which is 12 months from now
A link to our website
-- Not sure if it can change wallpapers?

It should take up little real estate, maybe in a slider style if poss rather than lots of sections.

Wonder if anyone can help. Im happy to pay an expert
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Could someone help me achieve this? Can Pay!

Post by jsmorley »

On these forums, we just do not allow requests for skins, and CERTAINLY not with any payment involved. Folks here are more than happy to provide assistance as YOU create the skins you want, but we do not support, nor allow, conversations about just doing it for you.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8195

You might get someone to take this on at Reddit Rainmeter or Discord Rainmeter. I have no idea what their positions are on "skin requests".
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

It's the same story on the Rainmeter Discord, but if you ever get a roadblock or don't know what to use, you can come here (or Discord) and ask
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

To help with a few... "harder" things
cfree wrote: November 18th, 2020, 1:24 pm Display specs of PC
You more than likely will need to use HWInfo for this since Rainmeter/Windows is a bit limited there, the question is what license it uses now (too lazy to check)
cfree wrote: November 18th, 2020, 1:24 pm Possibly, either via initial option or preset the end warranty date which is 12 months from now
Depends how you would do it, if you wanna automate it in bulk right after you install Rainmeter, it would be idiotic, windows install date/rainmeter install date ≠ warranty date, but if you wanna do it, here's the code that sets the "warranty" date one year from when Rainmeter is lunched for the first time

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Ran=0
[Current]
Measure=Time
Format=%Y-%m-%d
IfCondition=#Ran# = 0
IfTrueAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Ran "1"][!WriteKeyValue #CURRENTSECTION# Timestamp "([#CURRENTSECTION#:Timestamp] + (60*60*24*365))"][!Refresh]
UpdateDivider=-1
Last edited by Jeff on November 20th, 2020, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Personally if my skins or any part of my skins end up on your computers you sell I would be willing to come after you since they are all creative commons non commercial licences
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

cfree wrote: November 18th, 2020, 1:24 pm Hello

Have just come across this nifty app and would like to know whether someone can help me to turn my idea into reality.

We sell computers and would like to install rainmaker on our systems with a premade theme which is as follows;

In our company colours, logo too if poss, I work with a designer that can chime in
A nice digital clock
Display specs of PC
Display our warranty info and phone number for IT Support
Possibly, either via initial option or preset the end warranty date which is 12 months from now
A link to our website
-- Not sure if it can change wallpapers?

It should take up little real estate, maybe in a slider style if poss rather than lots of sections.

Wonder if anyone can help. Im happy to pay an expert
You probably found out a solution by now or want a different road, but just so you know, your idea of paying up an expert is suited only if you have a very close deadline and you can't make it in a day or two. Otherwise, the things above are trivial enough even if one is not an expert (assuming some medium familiarity with Rainmeter), so my advice is to save your money and do it yourself - it really isn't that hard, and help is available. You can even assemble your skin from small bits of code you can find and adapt from the many threads on this forum.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth