It is currently April 16th, 2024, 2:57 pm

Analog Japan Clock Skins?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
TheWolfBunny

Analog Japan Clock Skins?

Post by TheWolfBunny »

Hey, everyone! As some of you probably know about this already, the Tokyo 2020 Olympics are soon on the way come July 23rd, 2021! Which is why I'm here to ask just this question in the topic right before the torch lights up in Tokyo.

Where the heck is all the love for analog Rainmeter clocks based on those made in Japan!?

And by that, I'm talking about Rainmeter skins that are recreations based on Seiko clock products, the NHK clock you see on TV, and even those railway clocks that you see at Japanese train stations!

Yes, in case you didn't know, I'm a fan of Japan and its culture.

Facts aside, let me show you what I'm talking about.

Seiko Clock Products (Since they are so many of them, let me show you a few)

You can find more Seiko system clocks here, if you'd like.
https://www.seiko-sts.co.jp/e/products/

NHK Clock (Contains two variants):

And last but not least, these are the railway clocks you'll find at train stations:

Sorry for all the images. I was giving you guys all the details on what those kinds of skins look like...

But in all seriousness, could somebody fix the almost-complete lack of Japanese clocks before the Olympics begin!?
I'd be very much appreciated! ありがとうございました!
Changing the Rainmeter skin scene since 12/28/2016!
Why go with modern-styled skins when you can stick to retro ones?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Analog Japan Clock Skins?

Post by SilverAzide »

So why don't YOU make one? Building an analog clock is utterly trivial (especially with all the examples out there), and once you have it you can swap out the clock face with anything you want. Just find a bitmap of a clock face you want (without the hands, or edit out the hands with an editor) and you're pretty much done. The first one in your post is a perfect example.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

A good idea (analog has been ignored in this digital age :D )...

Here's a start: a scale-enabled Seiko analog clock with light/dark options and multiple clock faces.
Dark Hands
seiko256.png
Light Hands
seiko256D.png
Note: Scales above 3 will introduce distortion due to transforming small 'hand' images; this can be reduced by creating larger hand images. :welcome:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheWolfBunny

Post by TheWolfBunny »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 16th, 2020, 1:25 pm A good idea (analog has been ignored in this digital age :D )...

Here's a start: a scale-enabled Seiko analog clock with light/dark options and multiple clock faces.
Dark Handsseiko256.png

Light Handsseiko256D.png

Note: Scales above 3 will introduce distortion due to transforming small 'hand' images; this can be reduced by creating larger hand images. :welcome:
GOD BLESS YOU. ARIGATOU!!!!!!!
Changing the Rainmeter skin scene since 12/28/2016!
Why go with modern-styled skins when you can stick to retro ones?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

As far as I know, the Japanese are hard-working people who try to do things themselves, even if they didn't do it before ... since we're talking about, erm... fans of Japan and its culture. Just saying - couldn't help it... :lol:

For example, I'm not that much of a fan of Germany and its culture as other are of other countries, but, even if I probably don't always succeed, I still try to make all the things that I make to be efficient, flexible and work flawlessly, not to mention being uncomfortable with the "it can't be done" answer. :Whistle
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth