It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:08 am

Rainmeter starting automatically when charger connected

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Rainmeter starting automatically when charger connected

Post by rbriddickk84 »

Greetings!

I have a weird issue, against almost every people problems in here, i don't want Rainmeter to start up automatically.
Well it doesn't start when the charger is not connected to my laptop, but as soon as plugged in, or restarting as plugged in, it starts.

I reinstalled Rainmeter, unticked the "start auto" deleted every instances and folders from every possible location before reinstall.

The issue still exist.

For any help i am grateful!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter starting automatically when charger connected

Post by balala »

rbriddickk84 wrote: November 11th, 2020, 8:51 am I have a weird issue, against almost every people problems in here, i don't want Rainmeter to start up automatically.
Try the following:
  • Press the Windows key + R key simultaneously.
  • In the opening Run dialog type Shell:startup and click OK.
  • Remove the Rainmeter shortcut from the opening folder. This folder is C:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
  • If there is no Rainmetere shortcut or removing it doesn't help, try typing Shell:common startup in the Run dialog and remove the shortcut from the newly opening folder as well.
Hope this helps. Does it?
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

Hi there! :)

Thanks for the reply and help. Sadly i am aware of those locations and both of them are empty. I was clearing all the locations before installing, and after resintall i was checking every possible locations, registry entries, services, etc..
That is why it puzzled me.
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

dvo wrote: November 11th, 2020, 10:14 am try after install ....remove it with revo uninstaller remove all left overs
I used a different uninstaller, but strangely it works now so far. Very weird that with an uninstall process these kind of things are left in the system.
Anyways, thanks for the help and suggestions everyone! :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rbriddickk84 wrote: November 11th, 2020, 11:15 am I used a different uninstaller, but strangely it works now so far. Very weird that with an uninstall process these kind of things are left in the system.
Anyways, thanks for the help and suggestions everyone! :)
So, got it not starting anymore?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Not sure why you wouldn't just re-install Rainmeter and uncheck this box...

1.jpg

Alternatively, you can just go to:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

And delete the Rainmeter shortcut found there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

jsmorley wrote: November 11th, 2020, 1:26 pm Not sure why you wouldn't just re-install Rainmeter and uncheck this box...

1.jpg
That was my first attempt in the first place ;)
I tried countless ways, deleting things what humans barely see. xD

Also my startup folders contents emptied as well with the first attempt :)

I deleted registry entries, also other many things modified, etc... but thanks for the help! ;)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dvo wrote: November 11th, 2020, 1:31 pm it seems that as he removed the check mark he still got the same problem ... JSMorley ... :D
I'm not quite sure why that would be. What Rainmeter does when it is installed is place a shortcut to Rainmeter in

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.

That is all it does, and unchecking that box will remove that shortcut. I suspect that somehow he had another place where Rainmeter was being started, somewhere in the Registry, or perhaps in Task Manager, but it wasn't Rainmeter that created that.
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

jsmorley wrote: November 11th, 2020, 1:34 pm I'm not quite sure why that would be. What Rainmeter does when it is installed is place a shortcut to Rainmeter in

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.

That is all it does, and unchecking that box will remove that shortcut. I suspect that somehow he had another place where Rainmeter was being started, somewhere in the Registry, or perhaps in Task Manager, but it wasn't Rainmeter that created that.
My steps was like these:

-Uninstall/reinstall rainmeter with unchecking that mark + deleting the stuffs from startup folders if exists. Those were already empty after reinstall.

-Checking Start-up sections in task manager for any reasons.

-Deleting the appdata/local/temp folder contents (i wrote a batch script ages ago which auto-deleting everything in that folder)

-Deleting the contents of Windows/Temp folder (the same Batch script taking care of that as well)

-Modifying registry entries.

-Checking and if modifying the Services.msc for any reasons.

Only so far it seems the uninstaller external softwares were doing the job, removing some deep, hidden stuff what might Windows itself creates and bury it 6 feet under. :)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

rbriddickk84 wrote: November 11th, 2020, 1:49 pm My steps was like these:

-Uninstall/reinstall rainmeter with unchecking that mark + deleting the stuffs from startup folders if exists. Those were already empty after reinstall.

-Checking Start-up sections in task manager for any reasons.

-Deleting the appdata/local/temp folder contents (i wrote a batch script ages ago which auto-deleting everything in that folder)

-Deleting the contents of Windows/Temp folder (the same Batch script taking care of that as well)

-Modifying registry entries.

-Checking and if modifying the Services.msc for any reasons.

Only so far it seems the uninstaller external softwares were doing the job, removing some deep, hidden stuff what might Windows itself creates and bury it 6 feet under. :)
Strange. I have no idea what might have been put in some dark corner of Windows for this. Certainly it wasn't Rainmeter directly, as literally all the installer does it put that shortcut in Startup.