It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:52 am

Rainmeter does NOT start

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter does NOT start

Post by jsmorley »

Ok, I think it is time to follow this guide:

https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/clean-rainmeter-uninstall/
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TweezY wrote: November 7th, 2020, 4:03 pm I deleted rainmeter.ini and i was able to start rainmeter but when i load a skin/theme it crashes instantly. If you want you can try it yourself through teamviewer.
TweezY wrote: November 7th, 2020, 4:17 pm no it does not load
These two replies of you don't match each other. Did the default illustro skins start, or didn't when you deleted Rainmeter.ini? Four illustro skins should have been loaded: Welcome, Clock, System and Disk. Have they been loaded?
TweezY

Post by TweezY »

balala wrote: November 7th, 2020, 4:29 pm These two replies of you don't match each other. Did the default illustro skins start, or didn't when you deleted Rainmeter.ini? Four illustro skins should have been loaded: Welcome, Clock, System and Disk. Have they been loaded?
I said i was able to start rainmeter but i dont said that any skin was loaded. When i click on rainmeter.exe to start it nothing happens ,the icon shows up in my taskbar but only for a second than its gone. But when i delete rainmeter.ini and try to start it the icon stays in my taskbar and i can rightclick it and open the settings.I go to Themes click on illustro default and when i click on load ,windows says "rainmeter is not working"
TweezY

Post by TweezY »

jsmorley wrote: November 7th, 2020, 4:18 pm Ok, I think it is time to follow this guide:

https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/clean-rainmeter-uninstall/
same didnt change anything....
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TweezY wrote: November 7th, 2020, 4:37 pm I said i was able to start rainmeter but i dont said that any skin was loaded. When i click on rainmeter.exe to start it nothing happens ,the icon shows up in my taskbar but only for a second than its gone. But when i delete rainmeter.ini and try to start it the icon stays in my taskbar and i can rightclick it and open the settings.I go to Themes click on illustro default and when i click on load ,windows says "rainmeter is not working"
Where have you downloaded Rainmeter?
What is its version (if you know)?
What operating system are you using?
TweezY

Post by TweezY »

balala wrote: November 7th, 2020, 6:48 pm Where have you downloaded Rainmeter?
What is its version (if you know)?
What operating system are you using?

i downloaded it from the mainsite(rainmeter.net)
i tried the beta and the final version (4.4 & 4.3.1)
im using windows 10 64-bit
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TweezY wrote: November 7th, 2020, 7:40 pm i downloaded it from the mainsite(rainmeter.net)
i tried the beta and the final version (4.4 & 4.3.1)
im using windows 10 64-bit
In this case I'm extremely surprised Rainmeter doesn't start. The only thing I can think to is a virus / malware or something similar on your computer. Please do a scan using an antivirus / antimalware you do have.
TweezY

Post by TweezY »

balala wrote: November 7th, 2020, 7:49 pm In this case I'm extremely surprised Rainmeter doesn't start. The only thing I can think to is a virus / malware or something similar on your computer. Please do a scan using an antivirus / antimalware you do have.
nope no virus
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TweezY wrote: November 7th, 2020, 8:46 pmnope no virus
Sorry, but no more ideas from my part in this case. :confused: A Dev (or in any case someone smarter than me) has to come probably to give us a hint, because I don't know what's going on there.
Sorry...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

TweezY wrote: November 7th, 2020, 4:17 pm no it does not load
One thing you can do, besides the usual of making sure your video card drivers are ok, is to look in Windows Event Viewer. If an application crashes, you might find some information about the crash there. Trying various Rainmeter versions might also help, if by any chance it's an issue with Rainmeter (unlikely, since it works for so many people). Also, making sure the relevant folders have the needed permissions and that there isn't any other program that might potentially "kill" the Rainmeter process are recommended to be checked out. Not sure if it's relevant anymore, but generally you should make sure the common sense Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables (potentially the .NET Framework versions) are already installed. As a last resort, I would try starting Rainmeter while in Windows' Safe Mode and see if it works.

I bet it would work in a virtual machine, but trying that might not worth the effort, as it wouldn't solve the issue, only confirm it is working otherwise.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth