It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:44 am

HwInfo or something else?

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
RainAlex

HwInfo or something else?

Post by RainAlex »

Hi all,

Please allow me to ask a question before diving in deep.
My main objective is to use Rainmeter for a second screen in my computercase.

Having lots of trouble to get HWInfo to work properly (Can't for the love of god get that program to start at login for normal user without elevated rights)

Are there other System Monitoring Programs worth looking at?
Preferably without mentioned problem?

Tia,
Al
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: HwInfo or something else?

Post by SilverAzide »

I doubt you will find anything that won't require elevation. The Windows operating system itself requires programs that directly access hardware to run elevated, so you'll never get those 3rd-party apps like HWiNFO, CoreTemp, SpeedFan, etc. to start up without elevation. You might find some system-level drivers that can be used, depending on what you want to do (someone recently posted a plugin that works directly with a video card driver, for example). Not everything requires a 3rd-party utility, you can gather a LOT of data from Window's Performance Counters (using UsageMonitor), but if you want temperatures, fan data, etc., you won't get that from Windows and you won't get it without elevation.
RainAlex

Post by RainAlex »

Thank you for your reply,

Well, the point is I don't use my computer as Admin for security reasons.
So it would be nice if the screen lights up right after you start without having to do anything else.

AIDA64 worked without elevation, and one can use 'Sensor Panel' to achieve some sort of result.
But it is limited compared to rainmeter.
Though I get the impression Rainmeter is mainly intended for the desktop as almost all skins use small fonts.

Cheers,
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

RainAlex wrote: November 6th, 2020, 3:11 pm

AIDA64 worked without elevation, and one can use 'Sensor Panel' to achieve some sort of result.
But it is limited compared to rainmeter.
Though I get the impression Rainmeter is mainly intended for the desktop as almost all skins use small fonts.
Depends on what you want to see. I can get a lot of info just from the included Rainmeter stuff.
And it is totally customizable so you can make you font size as large as you like and which ever font you like.