It is currently April 20th, 2024, 5:47 am

Problems with NirCmd

General topics related to Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Problems with NirCmd

Post by balala »

Hello everybody,

A new question arrissed and I can'T find a solution, maybe someone has a good idea, which I'd thank for.
My Mirage skins suite is from now extremely outdated. Weather, obviously, doesn't work anymore, but other troubles are present as well. So the moment when a new version is ready, came. But after a discussion here on forum, strawberryshortcake let me understand that he don't downloads Mirage, due to more reports on virustotal.com, which indicates that the package is infected. Alright said I, the Rainmeter codes can't have viruses, so the culprit have to be any of the included addons (there are two: NirCmd and identify.exe, which is part of imageMagick). After a check on virsutotal.com I figured out the issue: NirCmd got a lot of reports about being infected. So, I started to look for a solution. Maybe a newver version might help, I wonderd? Well, a little bit it did, the number of reports reduced a little bit when I switched from version 2.81 to v 2.86 (which on their website seems to be the latest release), but there remaind enough to still create problems.
Next was to start with the 64 bit version of NirCmd. Surprise: there only two reports remained. But unluckely I suppose this is not a good way: this version won't work on x86 machines, I suppose. Am I right? Unfortunately I don't have anymore such a machine, to give it a try.
So my question is if anyone knows a better solution of this problem?

Many thanks anticipately for any (hoping) useful idea.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Problems with NirCmd

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 7:36 pm Hello everybody,

A new question arrissed and I can'T find a solution, maybe someone has a good idea, which I'd thank for.
My Mirage skins suite is from now extremely outdated. Weather, obviously, doesn't work anymore, but other troubles are present as well. So the moment when a new version is ready, came. But after a discussion here on forum, strawberryshortcake let me understand that he don't downloads Mirage, due to more reports on virustotal.com, which indicates that the package is infected. Alright said I, the Rainmeter codes can't have viruses, so the culprit have to be any of the included addons (there are two: NirCmd and identify.exe, which is part of imageMagick). After a check on virsutotal.com I figured out the issue: NirCmd got a lot of reports about being infected. So, I started to look for a solution. Maybe a newver version might help, I wonderd? Well, a little bit it did, the number of reports reduced a little bit when I switched from version 2.81 to v 2.86 (which on their website seems to be the latest release), but there remaind enough to still create problems.
Next was to start with the 64 bit version of NirCmd. Surprise: there only two reports remained. But unluckely I suppose this is not a good way: this version won't work on x86 machines, I suppose. Am I right? Unfortunately I don't have anymore such a machine, to give it a try.
So my question is if anyone knows a better solution of this problem?

Many thanks anticipately for any (hoping) useful idea.
AntiVirus programs just don't like programs that can simulate keystrokes. It has always been that way. They hate AutoIt as well.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 9:37 pm AntiVirus programs just don't like programs that can simulate keystrokes. It has always been that way. They hate AutoIt as well.
So, there practically is nothing to do in order to avoid those reports?
Do you know if the 64 bit version of NirCmd will work on 32 bit machines? I suppose it won't, but am I correct?
Thanks.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 9:44 pm So, there practically is nothing to do in order to avoid those reports?
Do you know if the 64 bit version of NirCmd will work on 32 bit machines? I suppose it won't, but am I correct?
Thanks.
I'm quite sure it won't. A 32bit program will work on a 64bit computer, but not the other way around.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 9:47 pm I'm quite sure it won't. A 32bit program will work on a 64bit computer, but not the other way around.
Ok, thank you.