It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:07 pm

W7 Rainmeter > W10

General topics related to Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: W7 Rainmeter > W10

Post by jsmorley »

Yincognito wrote: November 1st, 2020, 4:55 pm Yeah, I know. :lol: Probably a pointless precaution, but in my mind it also helps in "starting clean" with everything. I might be mistaken though - sorry for the slightly off topic intervention. Please carry on. :D
Just FYI, when a Layout is loaded, those "user / machine specific" options in [Rainmeter], like SkinPath and ConfigEditor and others are not transferred over. This is due to the fact that a Layout can be included in a .rmskin, and you certainly don't want someone else's settings. They are there in the Layout file, but entirely ignored. It's also why it is perfectly fine, if you really want to, to remove the [Rainmeter] section entirely from a Layout. The functionality that loads a Layout is just going to use what is already in your current Rainmeter.ini anyway.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Cannot locate SilverAzide's Gadgets at deviantart. Did it move?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

MourningStar wrote: November 1st, 2020, 5:20 pm Cannot locate SilverAzide's Gadgets at deviantart. Did it move?
https://github.com/SilverAzide/Gadgets/releases/tag/v5.5.1
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: November 1st, 2020, 5:20 pm Cannot locate SilverAzide's Gadgets at deviantart. Did it move?
Yeah, DA killed it for some bogus reason. There's the official link in my sig below, or on the forum here. Try this: https://github.com/SilverAzide/Gadgets, then click on the "download the latest version here" link in the Readme.

JSMorely beat me again! :D I can't type that fast, LOL.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

ok - thx j & S - admin might want to update that link from earlier as it takes you there with a 'not found' message, just sayin' - :confused:

"I'll be back ..."
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

MourningStar wrote: November 1st, 2020, 5:26 pm ok - thx j & S - admin might want to update that link from earlier as it takes you there with a 'not found' message, just sayin' - :confused:

"I'll be back ..."
Done...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: November 1st, 2020, 4:58 pm Just FYI, when a Layout is loaded, those "user / machine specific" options in [Rainmeter], like SkinPath and ConfigEditor and others are not transferred over. This is due to the fact that a Layout can be included in a .rmskin, and you certainly don't want someone else's settings. They are there in the Layout file, but entirely ignored. It's also why it is perfectly fine, if you really want to, to remove the [Rainmeter] section entirely from a Layout. The functionality that loads a Layout is just going to use what is already in your current Rainmeter.ini anyway.
Didn't know this - thanks for point it out. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

MourningStar wrote: November 1st, 2020, 5:26 pm"I'll be back ..."
Success! All's well ... 2020 ain't over yet - HA!
:17good

thank you EVERYBODY!!!!!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

MourningStar wrote: November 1st, 2020, 5:53 pm Success! All's well ... 2020 ain't over yet - HA!
:17good

thank you EVERYBODY!!!!!
Annus horribilis
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: November 1st, 2020, 6:04 pm Annus horribilis
Got that right... but positives must be taken into account as well. If not now, at least in time.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth