It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:59 pm

Recycle Bin context menu

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Recycle Bin context menu

Post by Yincognito »

mak_kawa wrote: October 13th, 2020, 5:46 am Hi all

Is there a way to open context menu for the Recycle Bin?

I can open Recycle Bin with the bang, [explorer.exe ::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}]**, but can't find the command (CLSID?) to open context menu.
** Of course, I can also open Recycle Bin with [!CommandMeasure SomeMeasure OpenBin].

As you know, the FileView plugin can open context menu for the drive by [!CommandMeasure SomeMeasure ContextMenu], but RecycleManager measure hasn't.

Any idea?
balala wrote: October 14th, 2020, 5:39 pm
The Open and Empty can be simply accessed through the appropriate bangs of the RecycleManager measure, but how would you access the properties?
Well, running explorer.exe ::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} is just 2 steps away from Properties, since clicking Manage followed by Recycle Bin Properties at the top of the window does the job. Unfortunately I didn't find a way to add a parameter to the above CLSID command to make that selection automatic, e.g. something like explorer.exe ::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} /manage and such.

That being said, some possibly helpful places to look for CLSID commands and related are:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Classes\CLSID
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell
obviously for 64-bit systems. There are some Recycle Bin Properties entries there, but I don't use the bin so feel free to test it yourself.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: October 14th, 2020, 7:09 pm Well, running explorer.exe ::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} is just 2 steps away from Properties, since clicking Manage followed by Recycle Bin Properties at the top of the window does the job.
Yes, but this requires manual steps made in order to get the properties window open. I'd say mak_kawa's intention was to open the properties without manual actions which should be done over the click in Rainmeter skin.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: October 14th, 2020, 7:18 pm Yes, but this requires manual steps made in order to get the properties window open. I'd say mak_kawa's intention was to open the properties without manual actions which should be done over the click in Rainmeter skin.
You're perfectly right - and that's what I tried too. My attempts weren't successful though, which is why I suggested looking into those 2 registry paths, maybe someone finds an answer there. It certainly doesn't look like getting to Recycle Bin's properties with the help of command lines is an easy task. And before you mention it, I didn't even try anything from inside a Rainmeter skin - I only tried from cmd.exe, because what works there works in a Rainmeter skin too.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Yincognito (and balala)

Thank you for suggestions.

I tried some CLSIDs you mentioned as RightMouseUpAction=[explorer.exe ::{(CLSID)}], but unfortunately I failed. Possibly those CLSIDs are not recognized as valid one, so only Documents folder was opened by Explorer.
I am still looking forward the solution, but maybe no luck?? :-)

Anyway, really appreciate your suggestion and help.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

mak_kawa wrote: October 14th, 2020, 9:32 pm Hi Yincognito (and balala)

I tried some CLSIDs you mentioned as RightMouseUpAction=[explorer.exe ::{(CLSID)}], but unfortunately I failed. Possibly those CLSIDs are not recognized as valid one, so only Documents folder was opened by Explorer.
I am still looking forward the solution, but maybe no luck?? :-)

Anyway, really appreciate your suggestion and help.
You might want to google some PowerShell solutions - it's quite possible that it's that sort of solutions ActiveColors referred to in his post. Sometimes PowerShell makes it easier to achieve certain tasks, obviously at the expense of speed (compared to cmd.exe).
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Yincognito

I googled "open context menu from Powershell (or command prompt)", and the result is full of "how to open Powershell (or command prompt) from context menu"... opposite logic direction. :-) As I am not a programmer, I almost gave up. And I don't know how to open "integrated" (not for single drive) context menu using Active Colors' method.

Currently, a workaround in my "No Windows Desktop Icons!! Project" is... right-click RecycleBin icon in the left pane of RecycleBin window opened from LeftMouseUpAction=[explorer.exe ::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}] or LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure measureBinItems "OpenBin"].
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi all

I noticed following const. shows the "virtual folder" of RecycleBin.

Code: Select all

CSIDL	Decimal	Hex	Shell	Description
CSIDL_BITBUCKET	10	0x0A	 	The virtual folder containing the objects in the user's Recycle Bin.
But... I don't know how to use this in PowerShell script, and its actual output format... and of course, don' t know whether it is usable or not.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

mak_kawa wrote: October 14th, 2020, 11:47 pm Hi Yincognito

I googled "open context menu from Powershell (or command prompt)", and the result is full of "how to open Powershell (or command prompt) from context menu"... opposite logic direction. :-) As I am not a programmer, I almost gave up. And I don't know how to open "integrated" (not for single drive) context menu using Active Colors' method.

Currently, a workaround in my "No Windows Desktop Icons!! Project" is... right-click RecycleBin icon in the left pane of RecycleBin window opened from LeftMouseUpAction=[explorer.exe ::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}] or LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure measureBinItems "OpenBin"].
Indeed, it looks like PowerShell isn't of much help with accessing Recycle Bin's properties, although it can be used to manipulate the bin (e.g. delete or list files, etc). There must be a way to do it though, but apparently we can't find it for now.
mak_kawa wrote: October 15th, 2020, 1:54 am Hi all

I noticed following const. shows the "virtual folder" of RecycleBin.

Code: Select all

CSIDL	Decimal	Hex	Shell	Description
CSIDL_BITBUCKET	10	0x0A The virtual folder containing the objects in the user's Recycle Bin.
But... I don't know how to use this in PowerShell script, and its actual output format... and of course, don' t know whether it is usable or not.
Not sure if they do what you want, but they are stating points: here, here, here or here. There ay be others as well. Didn't mention them until now as they were not related to getting the properties of Recycle Bin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote: October 14th, 2020, 9:32 pm Hi Yincognito (and balala)

This time I didn't help you with this topic, so there is nothing to thank me for. To Yincognito yes, but not to me. :17denial
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: October 15th, 2020, 6:10 pmTo Yincognito yes, but not to me. :17denial
To be fair, there isn't much to thank me for either, since the essence of the question (i.e. directly accessing the bin properties) has not been solved yet, despite our efforts.