It is currently April 16th, 2024, 4:02 pm

Help me with Hotkeys

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
gaffarsheikh

Help me with Hotkeys

Post by gaffarsheikh »

Hi
Please help me to KeyDownAction instead by LeftMouseUpAction.

In my skin

;----------------------------------------------------------
[Variables]
Hotkey= CRTL SHIFT O

* I don't want to KeyDownAction or press those keys by myself on keyboard. I don't want to touch keyboard.
* I want a command or execute line, which in LeftMouseAction= [some command or Hotkeys or CRTL SHIFT O ]

Please let me know if possible. Thanks
Gaffar Sheikh
mak_kawa

Re: Help me with Hotkeys

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi gaffarsheikh

You probably have a measure using Brian's "HotKey" plugin in your skin, like as;

Code: Select all

[SomeHotKeyMeasure]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HotKey
HotKey=#Hotkey#
KeyDownAction=(Some actions)
So, you should copy the part (Some actions) to the mouse action you want as; LeftMouseUpAction=(Some actions).
Please refer Brian's HotKey plugin readme page.

And if you don't want to use the hotkey action, it is better to disable the plugin measure with Disabled=1, or remove the measure.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gaffarsheikh wrote: October 14th, 2020, 1:28 am Please help me to KeyDownAction instead by LeftMouseUpAction.
As mak_kawa said, the KeyDownAction option belongs to a HotKey plugin measure, while a LeftMouseUpAction to any kind of meter. So although I think you don't want to use the hotkeys, if you still want, first you have to install the plugin from here (I suppose this is done, however make sure it is), if it's not.
Now as mak_kawa said, you have to copy the bangs used into the KeyDownAction option, to the LeftMouseUpAction (which you mistakenly wrote as LeftMouseAction, forgetting the Up term, the correct option name being LeftMouseUpAction, so take care of this) of the apropriate option.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

gaffarsheikh wrote: October 14th, 2020, 1:28 am Hi
Please help me to KeyDownAction instead by LeftMouseUpAction.

In my skin

[Variables]
Hotkey= CRTL SHIFT O

* I don't want to KeyDownAction or press those keys by myself on keyboard. I don't want to touch keyboard.
* I want a command or execute line, which in LeftMouseAction= [some command or Hotkeys or CRTL SHIFT O ]

Please let me know if possible. Thanks
If by any chance you talk about simulating a key press using only a mouse action, this is not possible in Rainmeter, as far as I know, and you'd have to use some AutoHotKey script to replicate the behavior. If you just talk about using Brian's HotKey plugin (which performs actions based on some chosen hotkeys that you must press on the keyboard), mak_kawa and balala covered that possibility in their answers.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: October 14th, 2020, 5:50 pm If you just talk about using Brian's HotKey plugin (which performs actions based on some chosen hotkeys that you must press on the keyboard).
I doubt this is correct, because:
gaffarsheikh wrote: October 14th, 2020, 1:28 am * I don't want to KeyDownAction or press those keys by myself on keyboard. I don't want to touch keyboard.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: October 14th, 2020, 6:10 pm I doubt this is correct, because:
Yeah, and that's precisely why I mentioned:
Yincognito wrote: October 14th, 2020, 5:50 pmIf by any chance you talk about simulating a key press using only a mouse action...
before getting to the Brian's HotKey plugin variant. ;-)

I guess we'll have to wait for the OP to clarify exactly what he wants, because based on his current statements, it's not 100% clear, IMHO. :confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: October 14th, 2020, 7:16 pm I guess we'll have to wait for the OP to clarify exactly what he wants, because based on his current statements, it's not 100% clear, IMHO. :confused:
This is sure! Let's wait for his reply.
gaffarsheikh

Post by gaffarsheikh »

Thanks everyone for help me and reply me so soon.
I'm creating a skin, which make a automatic call by desktop skype to my android skype on windows start. Its about make windows login notification alert for me.

I just made it, skin can skype audio or video call on windows start, even lock screen.

I was trying to trigger a call by key shortcut, skype CRTL+SHIFT+P used to call. which must use keyboard.

I just finding a rainmeter bang for trigger keys automatically, that's it.
Gaffar Sheikh
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

gaffarsheikh wrote: October 15th, 2020, 2:23 pm Thanks everyone for help me and reply me so soon.
I'm creating a skin, which make a automatic call by desktop skype to my android skype on windows start. Its about make windows login notification alert for me.

I just made it, skin can skype audio or video call on windows start, even lock screen.

I was trying to trigger a call by key shortcut, skype CRTL+SHIFT+P used to call. which must use keyboard.

I just finding a rainmeter bang for trigger keys automatically, that's it.
Yep, so you want to simulate the key press. As I said, an appropriate AutoHotkey script is one solution. Or, you can try to use some command line parameters, if your Skype supports it (more info on that here, here and here).