It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:31 pm

Cannot keep click through setting on

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Nyx28

Cannot keep click through setting on

Post by Nyx28 »

I am using Versa Visualizer 2 and I have the click through box checked. But, every time I restart my computer or do a refresh the click though box unchecks itself. How can I make click through stay on?

Thank you
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Cannot keep click through setting on

Post by Yincognito »

Nyx28 wrote: October 14th, 2020, 2:48 pm I am using Versa Visualizer 2 and I have the click through box checked. But, every time I restart my computer or do a refresh the click though box unchecks itself. How can I make click through stay on?

Thank you
Versa Visualiser 2 is changing its ClickThrough setting, probably for some internal coding reason - you can easily see that if you look into Versa-Visaliser.ini, where you have a ClickThru variable and usage of bangs like [!ClickThrough "#Clickthru#"] in the OnRefreshAction and such. You probably can either comment or remove those occurences, but I'm not sure what the functional effect on the skin would be, if any. Maybe eclectic-tech, the author of the skin, can explain this better.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Cannot keep click through setting on

Post by eclectic-tech »

Nyx28 wrote: October 14th, 2020, 2:48 pm I am using Versa Visualizer 2 and I have the click through box checked. But, every time I restart my computer or do a refresh the click though box unchecks itself. How can I make click through stay on?

Thank you
Using the Rainmeter context menu method to set click-through will not be utilized by the skin, that feature is controlled by the skin setting.

Because this visualizer is 'fullscreen' and can interfere with access to desktop items, I added the option to change the clickthrough setting in the custom menu of the skin; left-click the first option of the 'Custom skin actions...' where it says 'VERSA'. The skin will remember the setting.

As suggested by Yincognito, you can remove the variable 'ClickThru' and the 2 uses of it in 'OnRefreshAction' and 'ContextAction' lines to let the Rainmeter skin settings control the click through. This should not affect any other functions of the visualizer.

I preferred having access to toggle it on/off through the custom skin menu, but this can lead to confusion as it did for you... sorry about that.
Feel free to change control back to the Rainmeter settings; but I will probably not mod the package immediately.

EDIT: As with any skin, when in click-through mode you can access all of the skin's mouse commands by holding down the 'Ctrl' keyboard button and clicking the associated mouse buttons.