It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:14 am

HELP: !Toggle (or !Activate Config) another skin (i.e. QUOTE skins) based on TIME (without using mouse action).

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
strawberryshortcake

Re: HELP: !Toggle (or !Activate Config) another skin (i.e. QUOTE skins) based on TIME (without using mouse action).

Post by strawberryshortcake »

Yincognito wrote: October 10th, 2020, 8:38 pm Ah, ok then - all sorted out. :thumbup: I was sure there was some sort of misunderstanding in all this, because the code didn't produce any kind of undesirable effects (as you called them), so in theory it should have worked the same in your case (which it did, after all).

Regarding ActionTimer, that error is because you didn't properly stop the previously running action before executing a new one. In other words, the error happens if two or more such actions "overlap" from a time point of view.
As far as the second problem, I was trying to investigate how to 'stop' the first action or prevent a second action (mouseover) even if I mouseover it, but I can seem to be able to do so. I'll create a new thread in a few minutes.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: HELP: !Toggle (or !Activate Config) another skin (i.e. QUOTE skins) based on TIME (without using mouse action).

Post by Yincognito »

strawberryshortcake wrote: October 10th, 2020, 11:00 pm As far as the second problem, I was trying to investigate how to 'stop' the first action or prevent a second action (mouseover) even if I mouseover it, but I can seem to be able to do so. I'll create a new thread in a few minutes.
Okeydokey. I'll check it out tomorrow, as it's past midnight where I live. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Sorry for being dim, but was the option of using !OnChangeAction ever considered to accomplish your goal? (I did not read every previous posts so... :oops: )
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: October 12th, 2020, 4:54 pm Sorry for being dim, but was the option of using !OnChangeAction ever considered to accomplish your goal? (I did not read every previous posts so... :oops: )
OnChangeAction, ok, but for ...? In a Time measure, the OnChangeAction would most likely being triggered every second, and as far as I can tell, it was not the desired behavior, it was more like once every N minutes / seconds or so (even 1 hour, if we take the initial post) - please correct me if I'm wrong. :confused:

Or, are you talking about stopping an ActionTimer action? :???:

P.S. No need to feel sorry for anything, don't worry. ;-)
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Yincognito wrote: October 12th, 2020, 6:08 pm P.S. No need to feel sorry for anything, don't worry. ;-)
0.jpg
4a5e5b25ebf4351c50aaf0d811fa4057.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: October 12th, 2020, 6:38 pm 0.jpg
4a5e5b25ebf4351c50aaf0d811fa4057.jpeg