It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:15 am

AMD Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
mak_kawa

Re: AMD Plugin

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi NaliLord

Now I have switched my GPU monitor skin from HWiNFO to your AMD plugin. :-)

So far, it works well with no problem. In fact, I can't get rid of HWiNFO because I still depend on it in my CPU monitor skin. But I really appreciate your cool and neat plugin.
Attachments
Untitled-1.png
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

I gave it a try with my RX 580 and it works great. It gives a solution for AMD cards that's basically instant for setup and still has what most people use of the HWiNFO sensors (Name, Temp, Memory, Activity, Fans, etc.). For myself I use just enough of HWiNFO's sensors to keep using it, but as you mentioned, plugins/addons that don't need additional software or extras are fantastic.

I made two example skins for use, one with all the measure IDs used and one simplified to the commonly used measure IDs. I set it to 4.3 for the minimum Rainmeter version, I'm using Rainmeter 4.4 but I'd assume it should work fine for the stable 4.3. If anything should be changed feel free to edit and repackage it.
AMDPluginExample.png
AMD Plugin Example_1.0.1.rmskin
(954.01 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
NaliLord

Post by NaliLord »

mak_kawa wrote: October 6th, 2020, 8:21 am Hi NaliLord

Now I have switched my GPU monitor skin from HWiNFO to your AMD plugin. :-)

So far, it works well with no problem. In fact, I can't get rid of HWiNFO because I still depend on it in my CPU monitor skin. But I really appreciate your cool and neat plugin.
Nice, so the development effort was worth it :)
Alex88 wrote: October 7th, 2020, 6:16 am I made two example skins for use, one with all the measure IDs used and one simplified to the commonly used measure IDs. I set it to 4.3 for the minimum Rainmeter version, I'm using Rainmeter 4.4 but I'd assume it should work fine for the stable 4.3. If anything should be changed feel free to edit and repackage it.
Alex, that's awesome, very cool example skin! I'm using Rainmeter 4.3 and it works fine. :thumbup:
Attachments
Rainmeter_7L4inr0PMb.png
Mascott

Post by Mascott »

Hi, this is just what i have bin looking for :-) ,Is it possible to measure power in wats and the driver version? ...thank you for making this plugin work again have bin missing it so much :-)
NaliLord

Post by NaliLord »

Mascott wrote: October 7th, 2020, 4:55 pm Hi, this is just what i have bin looking for :-) ,Is it possible to measure power in wats and the driver version? ...thank you for making this plugin work again have bin missing it so much :-)
Hey,
I added measures for Driver Date and Driver Version but for the Power consumption I have to disappoint you, not possible without low level access to the card and I'm personally not interested to add kernel mode drivers to the plugin. If you know your card you can do some hacky calculations via the Activity and Power Level or Vddc.
Mascott

Post by Mascott »

NaliLord wrote: October 7th, 2020, 10:30 pm Hey,
I added measures for Driver Date and Driver Version but for the Power consumption I have to disappoint you, not possible without low level access to the card and I'm personally not interested to add kernel mode drivers to the plugin. If you know your card you can do some hacky calculations via the Activity and Power Level or Vddc.
Hi, thanks for the quick response, guess being 95% perfect will do for me 👌will just live with out power showing, thank you from a grateful amd user
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

NaliLord wrote: October 7th, 2020, 10:30 pm I added measures for Driver Date and Driver Version
NaliLord next time you're on check your PMs about the new 0.3 measures.
Mascott

Post by Mascott »

Hi, Naillord
have bin trying out yourr new plugin 03 vershion and for the life of me cant get the driver vershion to show, Any tips on what i am doing wrong? Here is my skin so far attached...thanks for your help
Attachments
RED DEVIL_0.1.rmskin
(2.35 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
NaliLord

Post by NaliLord »

Mascott wrote: October 21st, 2020, 6:28 pm Hi, Naillord
have bin trying out yourr new plugin 03 vershion and for the life of me cant get the driver vershion to show, Any tips on what i am doing wrong? Here is my skin so far attached...thanks for your help
I'm not an expert about skins but to me it looks like you did not include a label for your measure value...
NaliLord

Post by NaliLord »

I have added OD8 API readings to the plugin, so now it supports the 6000 series cards.