It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:36 am

AMD Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
NaliLord

AMD Plugin

Post by NaliLord »

Hey,

I wrote a new plugin to read stats from AMD GPUs, the existing ATIPlugin.dll did not work for me anymore with the latest drivers. It should be compatible to the ATIPlugin for the most past, just change the name to AMDPlugin.dll and it should work.

Download x86 and x64 version from the GitHub release page: https://github.com/nalilord/AMDPlugin/releases/tag/0.6
Example Skin from Alex88 in this post

GitHub repository: https://github.com/nalilord/AMDPlugin/
Last edited by NaliLord on June 10th, 2022, 12:01 am, edited 6 times in total.
mak_kawa

Re: AMD Plugin

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi NaliLord

It's interesting for AMD GPU user like me. But... where is the documents? I couldn't find any information about the usage/options/commands for this plugin in your GitHub site. They are the same with those of dotnet's old ATIplugin?

And... appreciate if you tell me the advantage over HWiNFO and its plugin.
NaliLord

Post by NaliLord »

Hey,

Its the same as in the ATIPlugin.dll settings, you set the: AdapterID (0 if you only have one card installed, 1 for the second card etc..)

Valid Measure IDs:
  • Temperature
  • Clock
  • MemoryClock
  • Voltage
  • Activity
  • PerformanceLevel
  • PCIECurrentBusSpeed
  • PCIECurrentBusLanes
  • PCIEMaxBusLanes
  • FanSpeedRPM
  • FanSpeedPercent
  • MemoryType
  • MemorySize
  • MemoryUsage (new in Version 0.2)
  • SharedLimit (new in Version 0.3)
  • SharedUsage (new in Version 0.3)
  • DedicatedLimit (new in Version 0.3)
  • DedicatedUsage (new in Version 0.3)
  • MemoryBandwidth
  • AdapterName
  • FanSpeedPercentMin
  • FanSpeedPercentMax
  • FanSpeedRPMMin
  • FanSpeedRPMMax
  • BiosDate
  • BiosVersion
  • BiosPartNumber
  • NumberOfAdapters
  • DriverDate (new in Version 0.3)
  • DriverVersion (new in Version 0.3)
Example:

Code: Select all

[Temperature]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AMDPlugin.dll
MeasureID=Temperature
AdapterID=0
The advantage is you don't need additional software to run, the plugin queries the overdrive API directly from the GPU driver (which you have installed anyways). I personally want to runs as few programs as possible in the background, had my fair share of bad experience with Corsair Link and HWiNFO. Every time one of the tools did a query of some kind of hardware I had a lag spike, very annoying.
Last edited by NaliLord on October 7th, 2020, 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi NaliLord

Thanks for reply. The advantage you pointed out makes sense. I will try your AMD plugin later.
NaliLord

Post by NaliLord »

Hey mak_kawa,

Nice, I'm curious about your feedback! I tested the plugin only on three systems so far; Vega 64, R9 390X and RX 580, but I guess it should not make a huge difference which card is used. Also I did not test the x86 plugin, so... yeah dunno about that ;)
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi NaliLord

I tested your plugin(x64) on my RX550 (driver ver.: 19.11.3). And it apparently works well. All 23 item values you listed above and their transition are relevant as far as I see. I have not tested x86 plugin.

One question, "GPU memory usage" is not available by the plugin?
Last edited by mak_kawa on October 5th, 2020, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I don't have AMD, but I must say that this is really good work. This is kinda what we hope folks with the right skills will do with Rainmeter. Extend it with plugins to add value for the rest of the community. Thanks!
NaliLord

Post by NaliLord »

mak_kawa wrote: October 5th, 2020, 12:33 pm One question, "GPU memory usage" is not available by the plugin?
Sadly AMD has no official API to query the memory usage status at least for consumer cards, on Radeon Pro cards there is a way over OpenGL via "wglGetGPUInfoAMD" and "WGL_GPU_RAM_AMD/GL_TEXTURE_FREE_MEMORY_ATI". I read there are hacks and some dirty ways over D3D but it will be more of an estimate/heuristic than a real value, I don't know. Another way could be querying the WMI for the same info's the task manager displays, but WMI queries a quite CPU intensive if you do them often, also if AMD has no official way the questions is: how accurate is the info the task manager displays?
jsmorley wrote: October 5th, 2020, 12:45 pm I don't have AMD, but I must say that this is really good work. This is kinda what we hope folks with the right skills will do with Rainmeter. Extend it with plugins to add value for the rest of the community. Thanks!
Thank you!
NaliLord

Post by NaliLord »

Okay, I was bored and added the D3DKMT Statistic API to the plugin, so there is a new measure: MemoryUsage, it will return the bytes commited to the specified adapter.

I Updated the link to the release page in the first post.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi NaliLord

I added new MeasureID (MemoryUsage) to my skin, and its returned value seems to be relevant compared with HWiNFO's "GPU D3D Memory Dedicated", but a bit larger than that of "GPU Memory Usage".

Thank you for quick addition. I can switch HWiNFO to your plugin for GPU monitoring.