It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:18 pm

Rainmeter

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
XLlugnut57

Rainmeter

Post by XLlugnut57 »

When I installed Rainmeter and a few skins and such everything worked just fine for a few days, then out of the blue it just started slowing down my PC. Before you say its not Rainmeter doing this, i know it is Rainmeter because if i uninstall Rainmeter everything goes back to normal. I feel it is not my PC being to slow because one it worked fine for a few days and two my PC can run triple A games at 100 FPS. (not a flex or anything just stating the facts about my PC)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter

Post by balala »

XLlugnut57 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 6:36 pm When I installed Rainmeter and a few skins and such everything worked just fine for a few days, then out of the blue it just started slowing down my PC. Before you say its not Rainmeter doing this, i know it is Rainmeter because if i uninstall Rainmeter everything goes back to normal. I feel it is not my PC being to slow because one it worked fine for a few days and two my PC can run triple A games at 100 FPS. (not a flex or anything just stating the facts about my PC)
Most probably it indeed isn't Rainmeter the culprit, but one of the installed skins. To find out which one, try unloading the loaded skins, one at a time. When you unload a skin, wait a few minutes and check if everything becomes ok. If not, unload another skin, until you find which skin is causing this. If you found it, post here the result (the skin name and a link where it can be downaloded).
XLlugnut57

Post by XLlugnut57 »

I Actually think I might have caught the culprit, not sure but after removing amatical and rebooting everything seems to be running smoothly. I dont know if it can get the link however. Is there a way to get the link from the download?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

XLlugnut57 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 8:32 pm I dont know if it can get the link however. Is there a way to get the link from the download?
Are you talking about a download of a skin, made in past? If so, no, probably you can't get it, but if you don't it know, pack the appropriate config and upload here the package. It's good as well.
XLlugnut57

Post by XLlugnut57 »

After some searching I think I have found the link.
https://www.deviantart.com/hiphopium/art/Amatical-742039669
This should be where I got amatical from
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

XLlugnut57 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 8:42 pm After some searching I think I have found the link.
https://www.deviantart.com/hiphopium/art/Amatical-742039669
This should be where I got amatical from
This package has a lot of skins. Which are the skins you've loaded?
XLlugnut57

Post by XLlugnut57 »

I only loaded CPU, RAM, Disk C, Upload and Download
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

XLlugnut57 wrote: September 25th, 2020, 2:45 pm I only loaded CPU, RAM, Disk C, Upload and Download
To be honest, I doubt any of these skins would slow down the PC, but I loaded all of them and I'm gonna check. But these being simple skins, I don't see a way to have such problems with them.
Maybe in background another skin is running, without you to know. So, you should check the loaded skins. You can do this this way, please check (click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area, and click the Active skins button on the Skins tab of the opening Manage Rainmeter dialog, to get a list of the loaded skins). Are there other skins loaded?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

And it seems I was right: I loaded the mentioned skins (as said), and let them running for more hours for now on and everything is still ok: They still didn't slow down the computer. Not mentioning that beside those skins I have other (around) 20 skins running. Some of these are huge skins, using some resources. But as said, still no problems, so there something else is the culprit, I believe. Check what have I described in me previous reply.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

I also tried out the mentioned skins on their own and am getting about 0.1% CPU usage for Rainmeter. It shouldn't make a difference for tiny configs like these, but check that you have hardware acceleration turned on (left click the tray icon > Settings), as it significantly helps with larger skins (large suites, visualizers).
RainmeterUsage.png