Post by Cyberaktif »

Hi!
It was just a temporary hiccup :D !
Brgds
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by balala »

Cyberaktif wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 10:23 pm It was just a temporary hiccup :D !
Whenever such an issue does occur, the first thing you have to think about is a complete restart of Rainmeter, because: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26117&p=136507&p136507#p136507
Doesn't matter too much which Windows version do you use, nor the Rainmeter version.
Cyberaktif

Post by Cyberaktif »

Hi!

Maybe i'm asking for too much? But could U guys help me out with this one?
I would be forever thankfull....

Here is the link for T-R-A-N-F-O-R-M-E-X mod (1366x768.1920x1080)
BY
ZakycooL

https://www.deviantart.com/zakycool/art/T-R-A-N-F-O-R-M-E-X-mod-1366x768-1920x1080-410803486

Brgds
Last edited by eclectic-tech on September 29th, 2020, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected link...
rlnoonan

Post by rlnoonan »

Is anyone else having problems with the NOVAWeather skin? I recently moved to this weather skin after having trouble with the Yahoo-based weather skin, and now it seems to be having problems. I've tried completely restarting rainmeter, but it hasn't helped. Interestingly enough, the future days seems to work fine, but the current day doesn't seem to be getting any data. I did verify that the location is correct and when I go to the website it has valid weather data. Here is what the skin is currently displaying:
NOVAWeather failure.PNG
The problem started over the weekend and I'm seeing it on multiple computers I have at home. Any idea what could be the problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

rlnoonan wrote: January 12th, 2021, 3:43 am Is anyone else having problems with the NOVAWeather skin?
It looks like xenium just updated it today, Jan 11th, so check his deviantArt page and see that you have the latest version.
I tried a few different cities and it seems to work OK for me with the new update.
NOVAweather1.png
For foreca, first try https://www.foreca.com/ without any additional city information, that also seems to work. Else try searching for your city and use that URL. If after that it doesn't work send a post in the main skin topic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Alex88 on January 12th, 2021, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
xenium

Post by xenium »

rlnoonan wrote: January 12th, 2021, 3:43 am Is anyone else having problems with the NOVAWeather skin? I recently moved to this weather skin after having trouble with the Yahoo-based weather skin, and now it seems to be having problems. I've tried completely restarting rainmeter, but it hasn't helped. Interestingly enough, the future days seems to work fine, but the current day doesn't seem to be getting any data. I did verify that the location is correct and when I go to the website it has valid weather data. Here is what the skin is currently displaying:

NOVAWeather failure.PNG

The problem started over the weekend and I'm seeing it on multiple computers I have at home. Any idea what could be the problem?
When you have problems with the weather skin, first check the skin page on DeviantArt to see if there are any recent updates.
Also, any questions about the skin, it is good to be posted on the skin page, because the creator of the skin is best able to answer you.
https://www.deviantart.com/xxenium/art/NOVA-Weather-UPDATED-11-JAN-2021-769225468
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rlnoonan wrote: January 12th, 2021, 3:43 am Is anyone else having problems with the NOVAWeather skin?
It does work for me:
Nova.png
Make sure you've restarted Rainmeter. I know you said you did, but make sure you've indeed completely restarted it. Right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and click Exit, then restart it from the Start menu. If still doesn't work, try changing the location, through the settings.
Does it work after a new restart or changing the location?
rlnoonan

Post by rlnoonan »

balala wrote: January 12th, 2021, 8:10 am Make sure you've restarted Rainmeter. I know you said you did, but make sure you've indeed completely restarted it. Right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and click Exit, then restart it from the Start menu. If still doesn't work, try changing the location, through the settings.
Does it work after a new restart or changing the location?
Thanks for the suggestions. I had done exactly what you described when I restarted Rainmeter. I also had tried changing the location and it still didn't work.

I'm going to try updating the skin to the latest version, as mentioned. Sorry I didn't check there first. Not sure why I didn't think of that :???:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rlnoonan wrote: January 12th, 2021, 4:59 pm I'm going to try updating the skin to the latest version, as mentioned.
If you are using an old version of the skin, it probably explains why it doesn't work. Try updating it and let us know if the new version does work.
rlnoonan

Post by rlnoonan »

Just updated to the latest skin and it is working well! Thanks xenium, love that skin.

I'll try to make sure to check the skin page first next time. Thanks for all the help everyone.