It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:11 am

[BUG?] VisBubble and "Script: [string "mouseaction(...)"]:1: attempt to call global 'mouseaction' (a nil value)"

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
name1088

[BUG?] VisBubble and "Script: [string "mouseaction(...)"]:1: attempt to call global 'mouseaction' (a nil value)"

Post by name1088 »

Hello Dear Friends

I encountered some problem after some time of using the I guess famous - VisBubble visualizer - where I can't change any setting by the setting window and additionally I found that rainmeter gives a lot of error messages in the console when clicking or trying this setting window:
Script: [string "mouseaction(1004, 338, 2)"]:1: attempt to call global 'mouseaction' (a nil value)
What is basically happening is that the setting window is not responding to clicks nor it could be dragged, and the only thing that works is changing the menus there, but it only catchers after right clicking the rainmeter option there - refresh.
Any ideas what went/is wrong?
I've tried to reinstall the VisBubble by deleting it's files and re-installing etc. but it didn't helped.\

Thanks
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [BUG?] VisBubble and "Script: [string "mouseaction(...)"]:1: attempt to call global 'mouseaction' (a nil value)"

Post by balala »

name1088 wrote: September 16th, 2020, 10:20 am I encountered some problem after some time of using the I guess famous - VisBubble visualizer - where I can't change any setting by the setting window and additionally I found that rainmeter gives a lot of error messages in the console when clicking or trying this setting window:

What is basically happening is that the setting window is not responding to clicks nor it could be dragged, and the only thing that works is changing the menus there, but it only catchers after right clicking the rainmeter option there - refresh.
Any ideas what went/is wrong?
I've tried to reinstall the VisBubble by deleting it's files and re-installing etc. but it didn't helped.\
I have no error messages in the log, however the Settings indeed doesn't work and doesn't respond to clicks. What you can try is to manually enter the values into the numeric field in the Settings skin. For instance if you click the numeric value of Radius (Display tab of Settings) (initially has been set to 256), you can enter a new value, just don't forget to hit Enter. Similarly you can set the desired numerical valuse of the other settings as well.
name1088

Re: [BUG?] VisBubble and "Script: [string "mouseaction(...)"]:1: attempt to call global 'mouseaction' (a nil value)"

Post by name1088 »

Thanks for the reply.
I am aware that I can edit the setting manually, but some settings(for example) gradient is a pain to change them that way.
And as always, I am searching for an understanding, what really happened, went wrong. If not, at least some quick fix, like reinstall the skin, which strangely enough - didn't worked.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

name1088 wrote: September 17th, 2020, 10:06 am I am aware that I can edit the setting manually, but some settings(for example) gradient is a pain to change them that way.
Right. This is true indeed.
name1088 wrote: September 17th, 2020, 10:06 am And as always, I am searching for an understanding, what really happened, went wrong. If not, at least some quick fix, like reinstall the skin, which strangely enough - didn't worked.
Nothing happened I think, becasue I get the same behavior. Probably the author should fix it, if he is still active (I don't know if he is).
Reinstalling the skin definitely doesn't help, since I also have the same problems with that skin, so the skin is broken, not the instalation has a problem.
name1088

Post by name1088 »

balala wrote: September 17th, 2020, 11:43 am...so the skin is broken, not the instalation has a problem.
Ok, I wasn't sure about that at the beginning. But then, still, on my other PC, it was and is working fine :?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

name1088 wrote: September 17th, 2020, 1:29 pm But then, still, on my other PC, it was and is working fine :?
Does it? Well if it does, I don't know what to say, except that it's weird.
name1088

Post by name1088 »

balala wrote: September 17th, 2020, 2:11 pm Does it? Well if it does, I don't know what to say, except that it's weird.
And yeah, on this device it was also working at the beginning but then something failed, so idk even more :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

name1088 wrote: September 17th, 2020, 4:32 pm And yeah, on this device it was also working at the beginning but then something failed, so idk even more :D
Check if you have the Slider.dll plugin. This plugin is required in order to get the Settings working. So, do you have it (if you don't know how to check, please let me know, to assist you)?
name1088

Post by name1088 »

Looks like I have - 237 KB one.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

name1088 wrote: September 18th, 2020, 3:02 pm Looks like I have - 237 KB one.
Unfortunately in this case I don't know what to say.