It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:43 pm

it firm softserve hacked locked down plundered

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: it firm softserve hacked locked down plundered

Post by SilverAzide »

Yincognito wrote: September 15th, 2020, 12:49 pmSo SilverAzide is back on DA? If so, that's good news - doesn't change my evaluation on them though. And his Gadgets Suite is available here on the forum as well (actually, downloadable from GitHub), so that was a non-issue.

EDIT: Just checked his gadgets link on DA and doesn't work, so I'm not sure I understood what you meant by "all is well with SilverAzide" - maybe you know something that I don't, or I misunderstood something... :confused:
LOL, I think he was just saying I'm not quite as dead as DA wants me to be. DA isn't responding to any of my help requests, exactly as JSMorley indicated. I'll just use the Rainmeter forums and GitHub from now on. But most folks found the Gadgets on DA, I suppose via Google searches maybe. I had like 85000 downloads from there.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Not sure what is going on with Comodo's website. I think the issue is that the "link" to that page is baked into the three-year certificate that we got from them in 2018, and the site has apparently changed at some point since then. Comodo.net now automatically redirects to Comodo.com for instance. We will be getting a new certificate in February of next year, and I assume it will be corrected then.

The certificate itself is still good, and is an important part of ensuring that you get the right Rainmeter from the right source.

https://www.rainmeter.net
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: September 15th, 2020, 1:30 pm LOL, I think he was just saying I'm not quite as dead as DA wants me to be. DA isn't responding to any of my help requests, exactly as JSMorley indicated. I'll just use the Rainmeter forums and GitHub from now on. But most folks found the Gadgets on DA, I suppose via Google searches maybe. I had like 85000 downloads from there.
Ah, I see. Apparently I misunderstand a lot of things today, haha! Including what he said about certificates and which certificate was examined. But nevermind, some interesting things in my next post... :D
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: September 15th, 2020, 2:00 pm Not sure what is going on with Comodo's website. I think the issue is that the "link" to that page is baked into the three-year certificate that we got from them in 2018, and the site has apparently changed at some point since then. Comodo.net now automatically redirects to Comodo.com for instance. We will be getting a new certificate in February of next year, and I assume it will be corrected then.

The certificate itself is still good, and is an important part of ensuring that you get the right Rainmeter from the right source.

https://www.rainmeter.net
Well, just for fun:
- just checked, Chrome is blocking my Rainmeter download as well (didn't notice before as I'm using a download manager instead for downloads)
- checked with my security solution, nothing found
- checked online and:
screencapture-virusscan-jotti-org-en-US-filescanjob-8v6iln9rvn-2020-09-15-18_46_49.jpg
screencapture-virustotal-gui-file-7d23b860c8e092d84eaa23621a2e0e20ac8feffb7249c02d7a26988215ceafb5-detection-2020-09-15-18_29_02.jpg
Sorry for the large resolution of the 2nd image, it was captured by my webpage screenshot extension, so that all AV vendors are visible.

So, two red dots playing around... :sly:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

You can be certain that the installer for Rainmeter on our site is clean. I never worry a bit about a hit or two from the dozens of really crappy antivirus applications out there.
redorbroder

Post by redorbroder »

It seems to be legit:

https://www.whois.com/whois/comodo.net

Thanks and best regards,
redorbroder

Edit: I use ESET Internet Security and the false positive is within the browsers.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: September 15th, 2020, 4:09 pm You can be certain that the installer for Rainmeter on our site is clean. I never worry a bit about a hit or two from the dozens of really crappy antivirus applications out there.
Yep, well, I'll give you a bug to worry about then, in the appropriate section... ;-)
Maybe the bug is tricking those crappy AVs into false positives... :Whistle Just joking, of course. :p
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

For the visual people, here's a graphic on what to do if you're possibly unsure of your installation (if something should be changed let me know):
RainmeterVerification.png