It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:31 pm

Help on editing older script

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Re: Help on editing older script

Post by CodeCode »

AdrianJC wrote: September 8th, 2020, 1:35 pm Do you know what values rainmeter uses for reading the core(s), because the script starts with 1 to 8 but when I take a look
at SpeedFan it reads/uses core 0 to 7.
SpeedFan has a tab for viewing each monitoring "device name" such as fan speed or core temperatures. Every PC assigns them differently (as far as i have seen on several different pc rigs the numbering is not wholly constant) as i believe speedfan is coded for some flexibility on how things are arranged in the pc itself.

I also dont have speed fan running so i cannot remember the tab name but there is a scroll managed list with check boxes, each one has a number assigned to it.

EDIT: Numbering from 0 to 12 or more - i never noticed if there was a min/max value in there.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
AdrianJC

Post by AdrianJC »

Thanks for the info CodeCode
CodeCode wrote: September 8th, 2020, 5:23 pm SpeedFan has a tab for viewing each monitoring "device name" such as fan speed or core temperatures. Every PC assigns them differently (as far as i have seen on several different pc rigs the numbering is not wholly constant) as i believe speedfan is coded for some flexibility on how things are arranged in the pc itself.

I also dont have speed fan running so i cannot remember the tab name but there is a scroll managed list with check boxes, each one has a number assigned to it.

EDIT: Numbering from 0 to 12 or more - i never noticed if there was a min/max value in there.
AdrianJC

Post by AdrianJC »

My first intention is to put something together just for me, if that works out I could give it a shot on distributing it.
So it would be better to fiddle around with HWInfo if I want accurate readings, thats what you say....
Is there a somekind of theme or script that is nice to start with learining how to use HWInfo and Rainmeter, i'm just a starter with Rainmeter and the scripts.

jsmorley wrote: September 8th, 2020, 1:48 pm I don't have a strong opinion on that. My only real axe to grind with SpeedFan is that it doesn't measure anything about the GPU, and that is of some interest to me. So I personally use HWInfo, although I readily confess that setting up the variables for HWInfo is quite a bit more complicated than SpeedFan. That isn't a particularly big deal for a skin you are using yourself, as you only have to do it once. If you are distributing a skin, HWInfo adds a level of complexity for your end-users that is hard to avoid.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

AdrianJC wrote: September 10th, 2020, 6:27 am My first intention is to put something together just for me, if that works out I could give it a shot on distributing it.
So it would be better to fiddle around with HWInfo if I want accurate readings, thats what you say....
Is there a somekind of theme or script that is nice to start with learining how to use HWInfo and Rainmeter, i'm just a starter with Rainmeter and the scripts.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=21939