It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:24 pm

HotKey plugin 1.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
copystring

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by copystring »

Hey, I'm trying to bind LCTRL+LALT+mouse wheel up /mouse wheel down.
This is not supported, right? Haven't found the key on the Microsoft site.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

copystring wrote: January 26th, 2020, 1:16 pm This is not supported, right?
Well, it is and it's not.
Here is what am i talking about: you can easily take an action when LCtrl and / or LAlt is pressed, however detecting the mouse wheel scroll, this is a little bit more difficult. Not completely impossible, but there is a limitation.
Here is a sample code, based on the code of the example skin (HotKey_1.0.0.12.rmskin) posted here:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=#BackgroundColor#

[Variables]
BackgroundColor=50,50,50,255
Key1=LCTRL LALT
LCtrlAlt=0

[MeasureLCtrlLAlt]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HotKey
HotKey=#Key1#
KeyDownAction=[!SetVariable LCtrlAlt "1"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAction"]
KeyUpAction=[!SetVariable LCtrlAlt "0"][!SetVariable MouseScroll "0"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAction"]

[MeasureAction]
Measure=Calc
Formula=( #LCtrlAlt# * #MouseScroll# )
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#=0)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption Background SolidColor "#BackgroundColor#"][!UpdateMeter Background][!Redraw]
IfFalseAction=[!SetOption Background SolidColor "255,0,0"][!UpdateMeter Background][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[Background]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=#BackgroundColor#
X=0
Y=0
W=200
H=90
MouseScrollUpAction=[!SetVariable MouseScroll "1"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAction"]
MouseScrollDownAction=[!SetVariable MouseScroll "1"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAction"]
This works, however
  • The mouse wheel scrolling is detected only when you're scrolling over the skin. Scrolling elsewhere is not detected.
  • The skin detects when you1re holding the appropriate keys and you're scrolling (in the same time), however if you scroll first over the skin and you press the LCtrl + LAlt later, the skin detects the action. After releasing the LCtrl + LAlt, the action isn't detected once again, even if you press the keys again.
Unfortunately me personally don't see a way to make exactly what have you described, better than this.
wladue613

Post by wladue613 »

I was curious how to toggle on/off a specific skin with a keypress (CTRL ALT L). I see how to shift between layouts and have used that as a workaround, but it's just to toggle on/off Rento\Song Info.

Is this difficult to do?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

wladue613 wrote: May 1st, 2020, 5:22 am I was curious how to toggle on/off a specific skin with a keypress (CTRL ALT L). I see how to shift between layouts and have used that as a workaround, but it's just to toggle on/off Rento\Song Info.

Is this difficult to do?
No, it can easily be done, however there is a question: what do you mean by toggle on/off a skin? Because it can be loaded / unloaded or shown / hidden on the keypress. If you load, then unload a skin, as it says, after the unload the skin is closed and doesn't run, but if you just hide it, it still runs, it's just not visible on the screen (as I hope you figured it out, the skin is hidden), but the measures are still working, for instance the Counter function still counts.
So here is a solution for the first case, when you want to load / unload the skin:

[MeasureToggle]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HotKey
HotKey=CTRL ALT L
KeyDownAction=[!ToggleConfig "CONFIG" "INI-FILE.ini"]
Note that you have to replace the parameters of the !ToggleConfig bang with the appropriate names.
If on the other hand, you wanna just show / hide the skin, you have to replace the KeyDownAction option of the above measure with the following one: KeyDownAction=[!ToggleFade "CONFIG"]. Note that in this case the skin has to be loaded, the measure will just hide / show it. If the skin is not loaded, the above measure won't work, hitting the appropriate keys won't have any consequences, except some error messages in the log.
wladue613

Post by wladue613 »

Fantastic. Thank you so much for your help!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

wladue613 wrote: May 1st, 2020, 8:19 pm Fantastic. Thank you so much for your help!
I assume you've succeeded getting it to work, right?
wladue613

Post by wladue613 »

Yep. Worked great. Appreciate ya.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

wladue613 wrote: May 1st, 2020, 9:36 pm Yep. Worked great. Appreciate ya.
WirlyWirly

Post by WirlyWirly »

Curious if this plugin ever got support for only responding to hotkeys when the skin has focus.

I'd like to add hotkeys to my launcher so that I don't have to click the meter's icon to launch the corresponding program. However, I use lots of different hotkeys inside of vim and other programs, so I need it to only work when the skin has focus.

Something like this...

[HotKey-Vim]
Measure = Plugin
Plugin = HotKey
HotKey = 1
KeyUpAction = $Trigger LeftMouseUpAction of 'MeterVim'

--- snip ---

[MeterVim]
Meter = Image
LeftMouseUpAction = ["#PROGRAMPATH#..\PortableGit\Vim-Wrapper.exe"]#skins_bottom#
Anyone know of a way to do this? I'm thinking I won't be able to trigger the LeftMouseUpAction directly, so I'll probably have to copy the action to the Hotkey block or assign it to a common variable.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Can try this example using OnFocusAction= and OnUnfocusAction=.
Ignore the extraneous -1 Update or UpdateDivider if needed, am just used to placing that.

[Rainmeter]
 Update=-1
 AccurateText=1
 DynamicWindowSize=1
 OnFocusAction=[!CommandMeasure measureHotkey Start][!SetOption MeterText FontColor 255,255,255][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
 OnUnfocusAction=[!CommandMeasure measureHotkey Stop][!SetOption MeterText FontColor 128,128,128][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

[measureHotkey]
 Measure=Plugin
 Plugin=Hotkey
 Hotkey=1
 ShowAllKeys=1
 KeyDownAction=[!SetOption MeterText SolidColor 0,100,0][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
 KeyUpAction=[!SetOption MeterText SolidColor 0,0,0][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
 UpdateDivider=-1

[MeterText]
 Meter=String
 FontSize=12
 StringAlign=CenterCenter
 FontColor=128,128,128
 SolidColor=0,0,0
 Text=Text

X=50
 Y=25
 W=100
 H=50
HotkeyFocus.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.