It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:49 pm

Audio not working

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
AviusHD

Re: Audio not working

Post by AviusHD »

Thank you So much for your time! It works! Thank you for your help! :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

AviusHD wrote:Thank you So much for your time! It works! Thank you for your help! :thumbup:
Glad to help.

I would immediately use Take Ownership on your entire C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files (x86), C:\Users\YourName\Documents and C:\Users\YourName\Appdata folders.

There are some files on your system, in the root and the Windows folder, for instance, that you probably should NOT be the owner of. However, in those folders above, you should ALWAYS be the owner. In general the entire C:\Users\YourName\ folder should belong to you, and unless you have multiple accounts that install software, the Program Files* folders should be yours as well.

I don't know what backup software you use, but in TrueImage, which is what I use, there is a setting you can change when you restore files and folders individually, That is a toggle between "maintain folder/file ownership attributes from the backup" or "set folder/file ownership attributes to the current account". This is only going to be an issue after a "clean" install of Windows, where whatever super-secret hidden number that Windows assigns to accounts will have changed. The "name" of the account is not a certainty that Windows sees the two accounts as the "same thing".
Samarain

Post by Samarain »

My visualizer today stop working, i follow the tips here and when i Take ownership Spotify info plugin stop working too :(

StringStyle=thin is not valid (Spotify info by Tanjim\Spotify.ini - [Text]) StringStyle=thin is not valid
RegExp matching error (-1) (Spotify info by Tanjim\Spotify.ini - [Text]) RegExp matching error (-1)
Unable to read file: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Visualizer\@Resources\Variables.inc (Visualizer\Visualizer v.2.ini)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Samarain wrote: August 11th, 2020, 12:09 am My visualizer today stop working, i follow the tips here and when i Take ownership Spotify info plugin stop working too :(

StringStyle=thin is not valid (Spotify info by Tanjim\Spotify.ini - [Text]) StringStyle=thin is not valid
RegExp matching error (-1) (Spotify info by Tanjim\Spotify.ini - [Text]) RegExp matching error (-1)
Unable to read file: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Visualizer\@Resources\Variables.inc (Visualizer\Visualizer v.2.ini)
I don't know about the ownership stuff, but StringStyle=thin is indeed not valid if we talk about String meters, see here.