It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:38 am

Help with achieving a simple skin

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Jose Hidalgo

Re: Help with achieving a simple skin

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

@balala : I know, I posted the current code just to state where I'm at currently, for future readers. :welcome:

@eclectic-tech : I'd be happy if the "feels like" appeared as a tooltip when I hover over the icon. Unfortunately it doesn't at the moment. Never has. :???:
Here's the whole skin with all the needed files and graphics, just in case.

WeatherFrench.rar
(482.69 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jose Hidalgo wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 8:23 pm @eclectic-tech : I'd be happy if the "feels like" appeared as a tooltip when I hover over the icon. Unfortunately it doesn't at the moment. Never has. :???:
It does appear:
FeelsLike.png
Jose Hidalgo

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

It certainly does on your computer. Now we only need to figure out why it doesn't on mine. Because I can assure you it doesn't. :confused:

2020.08.03 - 22.43.12.png
EDIT : GOT IT ! Tooltips were disabled on my computer. :D
Last edited by Jose Hidalgo on August 3rd, 2020, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jose Hidalgo wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 8:43 pm It certainly does on your computer. Now we only need to figure out why it doesn't on mine. Because I can assure you it doesn't. :confused:
I'm surprised. There are three skins in your last posted package. Two of them don't even work for me. The third one (WeatherFrench2.ini) shows the above tooltip.
Jose Hidalgo

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

You posted too fast my friend :rofl: I have just edited my previous post to indicate that tooltips were disabled on my computer.
So using regedit, I have been here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\
Then I've set EnableBalloonTips to 1, and restarted explorer.exe . Problem solved! :p
However, only a part of the info in the tooltip is translated fo french. What file should I edit to translate the rest?

2020.08.03 - 22.53.30.png

There would be:
- Date: incorrect format (it should read "3 août")
- Feels like, plus the 4 lines below it

PS : sure, only the last version of the skin (WeatherFrench2.ini) works. The other two are old versions that I've been keeping just in case I'd need to revert for whatever reason. They probably don't work anymore.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Edit '@Resources\WeatherComJSONLanguage.inc' to create translations for the English terms. Note you will have to add Visibility=visibility and translate to the right of the equal sign to the French term.

For the date, you need to edit '@Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc' and change the DateFormat=... to the values you desire.
Jose Hidalgo

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

Thanks! Works perfectly now :) I've even added the units by editing the skin's ini file.

2020.08.04 - 13.43.39.png
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

:thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jose Hidalgo wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 8:53 pm I have just edited my previous post to indicate that tooltips were disabled on my computer.
So using regedit, I have been here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\
Then I've set EnableBalloonTips to 1, and restarted explorer.exe . Problem solved! :p
I had no idea about this registry key and how does it affect the tooltip in Windows, but makes sense and it is good to be know such a setting does exist. Thanks for the info. :thumbup: