It is currently April 18th, 2024, 11:55 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by jsmorley »

klgrube wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 1:23 am None of that answers my questions.

What exact download do we need and please provide a link for each. I have no clue where to go.

What edits do we need to make to what files or what steps do we take AFTER we download these files. Please be precise.
It depends a bit on which weather skin you are currently using. Can you provide a link to where you got it?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

klgrube wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 1:23 am None of that answers my questions.

What exact download do we need and please provide a link for each. I have no clue where to go.

What edits do we need to make to what files or what steps do we take AFTER we download these files. Please be precise.
These post are really geared toward skin authors and, as you are saying, can be difficult to follow if you are not creating/editing a particular weather skin.

The question I have to ask you is:
"What weather skin(s) are you using?"

I would suggest you watch this forum post since it has links to skins that are working with these updated files.

If the skin you need is not on that list, ask here for help on the skin by providing a download link to it.
Or at the site where you downloaded your weather skin, ask if it is going to be updated.
klgrube

Post by klgrube »

Thank you so much! I was able to locate the new Rainformer Skin here:
https://www.deviantart.com/pul53dr1v3r/art/Rainformer-2-9-1-AIDA64-Edition-Rainmeter-444287665
and the newest beta version of Rainmeter here:
https://www.rainmeter.net/

Then, I had to find my location code here:
https://weather.codes/united-states-of-america/california/

All that remained was selecting Fahrenheit and the four-day display. It's running perfectly now!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thank you again!
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

klgrube wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 5:05 am Thank you so much! I was able to locate the new Rainformer Skin here:
https://www.deviantart.com/pul53dr1v3r/art/Rainformer-2-9-1-AIDA64-Edition-Rainmeter-444287665
and the newest beta version of Rainmeter here:
https://www.rainmeter.net/

Then, I had to find my location code here:
https://weather.codes/united-states-of-america/california/

All that remained was selecting Fahrenheit and the four-day display. It's running perfectly now!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thank you again!
There's no need to search for location code on the site. Just click on the WEATHER skin title and there enter your location. Don't forget to press ENTER at the end. i couldn't make it simpler. :confused:

Also, it works properly only in English until i update it again, but adding the DecodeCodePoints=1 option to the problematic child measures will fix it. - you have to install the latest beta ver. of Rainmeter for this.
Last edited by pul53dr1v3r on August 3rd, 2020, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klgrube

Post by klgrube »

Thank you again so much! I did try just entering "Escondido" "Escondido, CA" and "Escondido, California" in the Weather Skin title, and it brought up a list of Escondido cities from other countries not including the U.S. I'm not sure why. But I was able to get the code through the code search finding U.S. first, then California, then Escondido. That worked well.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

klgrube wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 3:35 pm Thank you again so much! I did try just entering "Escondido" "Escondido, CA" and "Escondido, California" in the Weather Skin title, and it brought up a list of Escondido cities from other countries not including the U.S. I'm not sure why. But I was able to get the code through the code search finding U.S. first, then California, then Escondido. That worked well.
klgrube

Post by klgrube »

I see. I didn't enter "USA" into the second prompt. That was it. I'll know that next time. Thanks again!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

klgrube wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 3:48 pm I see. I didn't enter "USA" into the second prompt. That was it. I'll know that next time. Thanks again!
Yeah, remember that there are more countries than the US in the world, not to menion Californias or Escondidos... :D The more precise the location you enter is, the more accurate the response.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
dgmele

Re: Weather Skins Not Working - This is the only allowed thread about this

Post by dgmele »

jsmorley wrote: August 1st, 2020, 3:39 pm Throwing away all decimal places is probably fine with a units of measure of "e" (Imperial) as I think visibility is always returned in whole miles.
Because I'm using Imperial units my inelegant solution is to add the following substitution to my skin:

Code: Select all

[CurrentVisibilityDistance]
Measure=String
Group=Weather
String=[@CurrentVisibilityDistance]
Substitute="1.000":"1","2.000":"2","3.000":"3","4.000":"4","5.000":"5","6.000":"6","7.000":"7","8.000":"8","9.000":"9","10.000":"10"
DynamicVariables=1
Last edited by balala on August 7th, 2020, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are posting code snippets. It's the </> button.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

klgrube wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 3:48 pm I see. I didn't enter "USA" into the second prompt. That was it. I'll know that next time. Thanks again!
From v.2.9.2 location search input 's been changed. Now enter all the data such as city, county, country etc. in the only input text field.